Thread: Corey Crawford

The Great One

Default Corey Crawford

Hey Justin- I know Crawford is a hot topic in fantasy circles and I just wanted to pick your brain on him a little bit if you had a chance. I know most fantasy mailbags simply ask- will CC be a starter by next year? Or will he steal the job from Turco? But having read your columns for awhile I figured you might be able to provide us with a little insight past his stat sheet.

I had heard that he was Chicagos top prospect last year but kid of got leap frogged by Niemmi in camp. Just wondering if you knew anything about that? How has the organization regarded him historically? Now? Is Turco on the decline?

Also I know outside a handful of top tier prospects who can carry their junior or AHL squads- it becomes a lot harder to get a read on guys based on stats alone. Sometimes a very good goalie has no support on his team, sometimes a mediocre goalie plays for a powerhouse, and sometimes a goalie shows flashes of brilliance but just lacks the consistency to string it together. Kind of wondering where Crawford fits in this regard? Does he show elite glimpses but not very consistent? or is he a "no frills" type who may not post highlight reel saves but gives you an honest chance to win each night? Somewhere in between? How was his junior team?

In any case I know you are able to give some pretty unique and revealing insight in these situations and itd be great to hear your take on a guy who many people are having trouble quantifying right now.

Feel free to weed out the questions you dont want to answer and give your own perspective. Just looking for an overview really. Thanks a bunch!

The King of Diatribes

Expanded answer coming up in School of Block!

The King of Diatribes

This was just shipped over to Dobber so expect it to be posted shortly. Any follow-up questions regarding Turco or Crawford can be dropped here!

The Great One

Absolutely amazing article Justin! Answered all my questions and then some- i think the timing is perfect too as people are just starting to scratch their heads about this guy. What a treat to read- thanks a bunch!!!

The King of Diatribes

Glad it helped guys!! Thanks for reading!