Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: PK Subban a scratch tonight

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    A couple days ago, I was offered Lubomir Visnovsky for PK Subban (in my signature). I told the other owner that I think Subban has more value in our keeper league and that I was concerned that Visnovsky would break down over the course of the season. The ducks have been leaning on Lubo a lot and he's bound to get hurt soon enough especially since he hasn't been the most durable dman in the past.

Was it a mistake for me to pass on that trade (Visnovsky for my Subban)?

I know that scratching subban is part of the process but with disregard to his healthy scratch - is it a bad trade for me?

Sidenote: I didn't want to start a new thread
    Yes it was a mistake. You should have traded him.
    20 Team Pool Points Keeper
    G =1,A=1,PPG=1,PPA=0.5, SHG=1,GWG=1,PIM=0.1,+/-=0.25
    Goalie cats (W=2, SO=3, SV=0.05)

F: Malkin, B.Richards, Franzen, D.Brown, Boedker, Zajac, Atkinson, Scheifele, Read, Boyes
    D: Green, Schultz, Faulk, Goligoski
    G: Crawford

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by slufoot View Post
    Yes it was a mistake. You should have traded him.
    It was a good offer but I am not sure I "need" to make that move to win (yet)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

In normal conditions, one dosen't go from #1PP and 25 mins of ice... then directly to the stands. He would have less time on the PP or less ice time all together. It is also normal for a rookie that has that much ice time to make some mistakes.

I don't think we have all the info here.

Dobber Sports Ace

If Subban was so irresponsible that he shouldn't be trusted to defend appropriately with the game on the line, then Martin should of scratched himself as well tonight for being the one who sent him out there.
    Last edited by shook81; December 2, 2010 at 11:46 PM.
    8 Team Roto League (1-year)
    Cats: G A +/- PIMs PPP SHP SOG SH% HIT BLK GAA SV% SVS W SO
    F: Ovechkin, Stamkos, Giroux, Perry, Tavares, Eriksson, Benn, Jagr, Heatley, Alfredsson, Roy, Hanzal
    D: Phaneuf, Del Zotto, Kulikov, I. White, Goligoski, Niskanen
    G: M. Smith, Emery
    BN: C. Stewart, J. Staal, Read, Brouwer, Ward, Hedberg, Pavelec, Bachman
    IR: Letang, Giordano

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think we have to come back to his character. He is a slug and cocky prick that has done nothing but go on a hot run for a few games last year. He is still a rookie and as the Habs brass showed that tonight, they can win without him. And they did.
    Mike Richards is one of the most respected NHL hockey players in the league by past PLAYER polls. He can score, hit and fight when need be. Everything he said of PK was true and Don was "bang on" on Coach's Corner."
    The kid has yet to win a Norris or even a fight in the NHL, so should he REALLY be "taunting" and "blabbing?" Especially as soon as the zebro's have the "other guy?" Maybe concentrate on not tripping on those lips (reminds me of Bubba in Forrest Gump).
    15 team keeper league
    F - P.Marleau, B.Richards, Heatley, T. Fleishmann, Langenbrunner, T. Holmstrom, R.Whitney, Cheechoo, Voracek, Little, T. Ruutu, Kessel,
    D - Boyle, Weber, A. Edler, Zidlicky, J. Wisniewski, Kubina
    G - M. Kiprusoff, S. Varlamov, P. Rinne
    Farm: E.Karlsson, Carlson, Grabner, Repik

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Panger View Post
    I think we have to come back to his character. He is a slug and cocky prick that has done nothing but go on a hot run for a few games last year. He is still a rookie and as the Habs brass showed that tonight, they can win without him. And they did.
    Mike Richards is one of the most respected NHL hockey players in the league by past PLAYER polls. He can score, hit and fight when need be. Everything he said of PK was true and Don was "bang on" on Coach's Corner."
    The kid has yet to win a Norris or even a fight in the NHL, so should he REALLY be "taunting" and "blabbing?" Especially as soon as the zebro's have the "other guy?" Maybe concentrate on not tripping on those lips (reminds me of Bubba in Forrest Gump).
    Holy hatred. Be careful not to mix any dark socks in with your white hoods, that could be really embarrassing for you.

In all seriousness tho, whats the big deal hereÉ He clearly had a bad game and he sat for it, the Habs have depth on D and they took advantage of it. Sometimes the best thing for an athlete like Subban is getting the chance to watch the game from the stands.
    All this talk of Subban being too cocky, and not earning respect is such BS, whats he supposed to do, bow down to Richards and kiss his feetÉ Heès an ultra competitive player and he does whatever he has to do to win, if that includes going after another teamès star player, then so be ité
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Hatred? I think not.
    Just a cocky rook that needs to wake up and pay some respect to vetran players. You know? Not challenge guys to fight once the refs have control of the other player? If he's doing everything for his team to win, I guess the Montreal C don't share that opinion!
    15 team keeper league
    F - P.Marleau, B.Richards, Heatley, T. Fleishmann, Langenbrunner, T. Holmstrom, R.Whitney, Cheechoo, Voracek, Little, T. Ruutu, Kessel,
    D - Boyle, Weber, A. Edler, Zidlicky, J. Wisniewski, Kubina
    G - M. Kiprusoff, S. Varlamov, P. Rinne
    Farm: E.Karlsson, Carlson, Grabner, Repik

Dobber Sports Ace

so, will he be playing today?
    10 team, H2H Points, Limited Keeper (1C,2W,2D,1G,1 non G)

18 man roster plus 2 IR spots [20 total]
    start 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G; daily lineup changes

Stats: G,A,PPG,ENG,SHG,GWG,OTG,ShootOut Goals/Attemtps,Hat Tricks,+/-,FOW,PIMs,Majors,Misconducts,Hits,Blocked Shots
    Goalies Stats: W,Saves,Goals Against,SO

C: Tavares, Koivu, Backstrom, Johansen
    W: Lucic, Ladd, Eriksson, Komarov, Forsberg, Jenner
    D: Hedman, Ekblad, Niskanen, Yandle, Campbell
    G: Holtby, Schneider, Hammond
    IR: Anderson, Faulk

Dobber Sports Veteran

Bob McKenzie
    Hearing PK Subban will be healthy scratch again tonight. No surprise. Weber played well. MTL won. Don't mess with a winning lineup.
    Follow me for some fantasy hockey, Jays tweets @thelandshock

Dobber Sports Pro

I can understand 1 game for mistake(s). However, >90% of the league should be scratched 2 consecutive games. Younger players always seem to get the shaft. I want a 4th liner scratched for whiffing on an easy goal next time please.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by DuklaNation View Post
    I can understand 1 game for mistake(s). However, >90% of the league should be scratched 2 consecutive games. Younger players always seem to get the shaft. I want a 4th liner scratched for whiffing on an easy goal next time please.
    RDS is saying that Martin is notorious for keeping a winning lineup together. I remember a few times in Martin's tenure where this happened. I doubt this hurts Subban once he returns, unless the Habs win 12 straight.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Pro

To me, this is treating adults like 5 yr olds.

Dobber Sports Expert

Maybe it's because I've been following more closely this year but it seems like scratching players for blunders/poor play or lack there of, seems to be taking place more regularly this season than last.
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Smokie View Post
    Maybe it's because I've been following more closely this year but it seems like scratching players for blunders/poor play or lack there of, seems to be taking place more regularly this season than last.
    It's a copycat league and recently coaches have used healthy scratches as a motivational tool.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    Holy hatred. Be careful not to mix any dark socks in with your white hoods, that could be really embarrassing for you.
    This was out of line. Completely groundless in this case. I have no problem with you calling it when you see it Donions. Let's make damn sure you see it first though.