Thread: Neuvirth or Lehtonen

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Neuvirth or Lehtonen

I have the opportunity to get his Neuvirth for my Lehtonen. I mean i have varlamov so the wins would come if i have WSH and the headaches would stop for both of us but i mean after ive compared numbers lehtonen and neuvirth are almost the exact same.

Lehtonen 12 W, 2.61 GAA, 607 SVS, 914 SV% 0 SO

Neuvirth 12 W, 2.63 GAA, 464 SVS, 912 SV% 1 SO

I have halak as my number 1 then lehtonen as my number 2 and play varly when i need to. I also have dubnyk in case of emergencies as a 4th. I mean Neuvirth would probably get the same amount of wins cuz of the team he is but Lehtonen is gonna play in more games. Gotta keep in mind too that lehtonen is injury prone and varlamov as well. Looking forward to some input from you guys as im stuck.

Thanks
    12 team, 5 player Keeper League

Forward Stats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PP, SHP, GWG, SOG

Goalie Stats: W, GAA, SV%, SVS, SO

5 Keepers: Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Perry, Varlamov, Halak

Dobber Sports Expert

If this is a keeper I'd say Neuvirth holds more value than Leht. Having Varly + Neuvirth really only = 1 goalie so what you end up having is really 2 "full goalies" if you catch my meaning. I would do this though. Is it head to head points or cats?
    Last edited by Old_Smokie; December 1, 2010 at 12:50 PM.
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Administrator

I'd definitely make this move. Great way to sell high on a guy who has never proven himself capable of staying healthy. Even if he stays healthy you probably only lose 10 starts by scooping up Neuvirth. Neuvirth also gives you a ton of insurance and allows you to use the Washington tandem more often, which I think you should be doing anyways.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Guru

Yeah i would do it ... if nothing else to stop the washington goalie headaches .... get the handcuff and forget about it

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Can't argue much against doing the swap although I might hang onto Lehtonen as a preference - however you are doing the other guy a huge favor here, shouldn't you expect something more in return?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd rather have Lehtonen... He's conditioned for the first time in his career and hasn't showed any signs of breaking down. He's a stud, has no competition and will do more for you this year.

Plus Neuvy isn't exactly free of injury.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

lol theres so many ways i can go here. I mean the way Varlamov is playing shows he "could" win the job but then again neuvirth was doing the same and a bad break and next thing you know the other guy has the job. 4 starts 4 wins and in every game hes been very good. I mean Lehtonen has been awesome this year as well...... definitely didnt see it coming from him. Im just weary of having two injury prone goalies on the roster in varlamov and lehtonen. My philosophy is to have 3 starting goalies on a roster and doing the lehtonen/neuvirth swap would give me essentially 2 starting goalies and a wildcard in Dubnyk.

Shoeless...... this manager is very hard to deal with. I mean at the beginning of the year i sent him lehtonen, buff and a low draft pick just for neuvirth and he rejected. Hes one of those managers that basically needs to get blown in order to do a deal. All of a sudden with varlamov back and on fire he wants to talk.......which makes me think i can scoop him up while varlamov is hot.

Any additional comments would be awesome

3-2 so far for neuvirth lol
    12 team, 5 player Keeper League

Forward Stats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PP, SHP, GWG, SOG

Goalie Stats: W, GAA, SV%, SVS, SO

5 Keepers: Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Perry, Varlamov, Halak

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'm not sure. I wouldn't be so sure to write off Lehtonen. Yes, he has been injury prone in the past, but he has a new 3 yr deal in Dal and the team is doing exceptional, largely to Kari. When healthy, he's a top 5. He is still young in his mid 20's and a clear cut starter on a much improving team. There will always be back and forth 1a and 1b tandem in wsh. I think its a lot closer than people think.
    15 team keeper league
    F - P.Marleau, B.Richards, Heatley, T. Fleishmann, Langenbrunner, T. Holmstrom, R.Whitney, Cheechoo, Voracek, Little, T. Ruutu, Kessel,
    D - Boyle, Weber, A. Edler, Zidlicky, J. Wisniewski, Kubina
    G - M. Kiprusoff, S. Varlamov, P. Rinne
    Farm: E.Karlsson, Carlson, Grabner, Repik

Dobber Sports Veteran

Lehtonen is really playing well and has always been great when he hasn't been hurt but it's a legit concern. Plus, if you take Varly, he could walk this offseason and give you 2 starters. I think Varly is the safer choice long-term for your franchise but it's not exactly a sure bet either way.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne