Page 73 of 86 FirstFirst ... 23 63 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 83 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1276

Thread: Detroit Red Wings

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Detroit Red Wings

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    If Larkin is your #1C then you need Raymond to be a superstar and a high-end #2C. Trocheck?
    Yep. This is why I'm not overly thrilled with wins right now. They need at least another top notch piece and those likely only come from the top of the draft.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Yep. This is why I'm not overly thrilled with wins right now. They need at least another top notch piece and those likely only come from the top of the draft.
    Yep exactly. That's what the whole original post re: S.Wright/etc. was referencing.

I'd love Larks to be our 2C... but we're still talking a few years here. That was the "piece" on L3. For next year. But the hope obviously is in a few years, the order get bumped, so "Wright" at 1C, Larks at 2C, Veleno at 3C. With the variety on the flanks, I think they can piece 3 legit lines.

But it's all dependent on that missing "superstar" piece imo.

So whether Wright in 2022, Bedard/Fantilli in 2023 or Yzerman swings some magic for a future #1C through a deal, we still need some elite elements before we're going to be truly competitive.
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Sage

I completely agree. Top of the draft is the best place to find your #1C. Just wondering- do you have many Detroit fans that are anti-tank and talk about a winning culture and trying to win every game? I've been shaking my head at Blackhawks fans and some writers who were anti-tank and called the draft a crapshoot. We can see how that has turned out for them.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I completely agree. Top of the draft is the best place to find your #1C. Just wondering- do you have many Detroit fans that are anti-tank and talk about a winning culture and trying to win every game? I've been shaking my head at Blackhawks fans and some writers who were anti-tank and called the draft a crapshoot. We can see how that has turned out for them.
    I have no idea. I'm not really in the loop on what "Wings fans" think. I'm in Ontario and grew up surrounded by Leafs fans. But I'm not even really saying tank on purpose, because I know the players won't do that. It's just annoying to see them pull out these 3rd period comebacks when we might be looking at a 10th overall pick.

Blackhawks were revitalized because they benefitted from the lottery. That's a bizarre take by them, regardless of what Jonathan Toews thinks

Dobber Sports Sage

Happy Birthday to one of the best d-man's to play the game - Nicklas Lidström!
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I am curious - kind of maybe a long-shot but what about if Stevie brings Sergei Federov back to Detroit to coach. He's doing great things in his current head coaching gig.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend of Hockeytown View Post
    I am curious - kind of maybe a long-shot but what about if Stevie brings Sergei Federov back to Detroit to coach. He's doing great things in his current head coaching gig.
    I like this idea very much. The fact that he’s Russian might be a little dicey right now. Yzerman would want a move like this to be above reproach and I don’t think that would be case. I think this move waits another year or two
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    I like this idea very much. The fact that he’s Russian might be a little dicey right now. Yzerman would want a move like this to be above reproach and I don’t think that would be case. I think this move waits another year or two
    That would be more of an Oilers move than a Stevie Y type move but who knows.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

5th playoff shutout for Sebastian Cossa as the Oil Kings take the Ed Chynoweth Cup. Me likey.

Dobber Sports Titan

Wonder when he's gonna get the shot at the NHL. I don't know if there's a point to bring him up in 2022, but you also expect a rookie goalie to have growing pains, so if you line that up with a year you don't expect to do a whole lot...could be the right idea...
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Wonder when he's gonna get the shot at the NHL. I don't know if there's a point to bring him up in 2022, but you also expect a rookie goalie to have growing pains, so if you line that up with a year you don't expect to do a whole lot...could be the right idea...
    I expect a year or more in the AHL.

Dobber Sports Titan

I expect a year or more in the AHL.
    I'm not going to lie and say I understand CHL/AHL rules but is Cossa AHL eligible? I'm looking up the rules right now. So there's an NHL/CHL agreement where it states a signed player aged 18 or 19 who was claimed from a CHL club and is not retained by the NHL club, must be assigned to the CHL junior club whom he last played for or owes a contractual obligation.

So Cossa who is born Nov21 2022, will be 19yrs old still on Sept15,2022 (day the seasons 'starts'). So if his CHL team wants him, he must go to the CHL team if Detroit doesn't want him right?

The plan could be 2022-23 in the CHL, 2023-24 in the AHL (as he's 20yrs old at this point he's eligible) then 2024-25 NHL?

I'm going off of what happened with Marner and the Leafs when he was drafted.
    Drafted in July 2015, Marner spent the next season 2015-16 in the OHL.
    Drafted in July 2021, Cossa spent the next season 2021-22 in the WHL.
    Marner's first season in the NHL was 2016-17. IF I remember correctly, it was NHL or OHL again. I could be wrong here though

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I'm not going to lie and say I understand CHL/AHL rules but is Cossa AHL eligible? I'm looking up the rules right now. So there's an NHL/CHL agreement where it states a signed player aged 18 or 19 who was claimed from a CHL club and is not retained by the NHL club, must be assigned to the CHL junior club whom he last played for or owes a contractual obligation.

So Cossa who is born Nov21 2022, will be 19yrs old still on Sept15,2022 (day the seasons 'starts'). So if his CHL team wants him, he must go to the CHL team if Detroit doesn't want him right?

The plan could be 2022-23 in the CHL, 2023-24 in the AHL (as he's 20yrs old at this point he's eligible) then 2024-25 NHL?

I'm going off of what happened with Marner and the Leafs when he was drafted.
    Drafted in July 2015, Marner spent the next season 2015-16 in the OHL.
    Drafted in July 2021, Cossa spent the next season 2021-22 in the WHL.
    Marner's first season in the NHL was 2016-17. IF I remember correctly, it was NHL or OHL again. I could be wrong here though
    That adds up for me. Hopefully that lines up with the team being ready to compete.

Dobber Sports Titan

That adds up for me. Hopefully that lines up with the team being ready to compete.
    Hopefully they don't run into a point where they're waiting on Cossa to be "ready" to long and burn through contracts. Fabbri is the only guy under contract for that 2024-25 season. But guys like Seider, Raymond, Hronek, and Larkin will likely get those extensions to be the guys they have long term.

Yzerman is the right man to navigate this though. Pure trust in his decisions.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Expecting Detroit to nab a Tampa assistant coach any day now.