Page 60 of 86 FirstFirst ... 10 50 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 70 ... LastLast

Thread: Detroit Red Wings

The Great One

Default Re: Detroit Red Wings

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    One can only hope.
    Having Steve Yzerman running the show negates the need for hope. He’s just an awesome GM - I’m not a Wings fan but I have no doubt this team is on the road to some great seasons.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Monster

I am trying to figure out WHY in all the online mock drafts I keep seeing Detroit taking a forward with the 4th overall pick.

They have a lot of young forward talent and virtually very little on defense.

To me, Jamie Drysdale is the pick Detroit NEEDS to take at 4th overall.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    I am trying to figure out WHY in all the online mock drafts I keep seeing Detroit taking a forward with the 4th overall pick.

They have a lot of young forward talent and virtually very little on defense.

To me, Jamie Drysdale is the pick Detroit NEEDS to take at 4th overall.
    I think "talent" is the operative word. Honestly they could use an infusion at every single position, so for me, BPA still stands. And if Yzerman thinks that's Drysdale, I'm cool with that.

But I do see a reason most mocks (which look at team needs) have DET taking F over Drysdale.

On D, you've arguably got Hronek, Seider, G.Lindstrom as the RHD future (with Tuomisto or Barton as darts as well).

At F, aside from Lar-Man-Zzi, and a hope with Fabbri, we've really only got Z, Veleno and maybe Ras as 'surer' bets. Guys like Svech, Mastrosimone, Berggren, are darts for the top 9 but that's not a "ton" of depth imo.

As said - I think BPA is actually super relevant to DET's position this year, and while I have my personal faves I hope they take (Stutz is he falls, Raymond if not), with this draft, I really don't think Yzerman can go wrong.

But that's my 2c as to why the mocks might be leaning F.
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by YzermansLegacy View Post
    I think "talent" is the operative word. Honestly they could use an infusion at every single position, so for me, BPA still stands. And if Yzerman thinks that's Drysdale, I'm cool with that.

But I do see a reason most mocks (which look at team needs) have DET taking F over Drysdale.

On D, you've arguably got Hronek, Seider, G.Lindstrom as the RHD future (with Tuomisto or Barton as darts as well).

At F, aside from Lar-Man-Zzi, and a hope with Fabbri, we've really only got Z, Veleno and maybe Ras as 'surer' bets. Guys like Svech, Mastrosimone, Berggren, are darts for the top 9 but that's not a "ton" of depth imo.

As said - I think BPA is actually super relevant to DET's position this year, and while I have my personal faves I hope they take (Stutz is he falls, Raymond if not), with this draft, I really don't think Yzerman can go wrong.

But that's my 2c as to why the mocks might be leaning F.
    Solid points. I see it. I guess I just think they're a little bit stronger at F than at D.
    I like Hronek a lot but outside of that, we have no idea how Seider will fare and then major drop off imo.
    I suppose you are right with the BPA option, and perhaps I am being too biased with me wanting them to take Drysdale.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Ya i am a bit thrown by the Cole talk as well. I know there's some sort of connection but I just want the best player.

In Stevie we trust.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Kinda wonder is Askarov sneaks up to #4? I cannot imagine Stevie doing that - but I also did not expect him to take Seider at 6 last year.

My gut says the pick will be Rossi.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Drafting a goalie at this point does make a lot of sense imo. Maybe trade down and gain another 2nd or 3rd round pick and pick Askarov?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend of Hockeytown View Post
    Kinda wonder is Askarov sneaks up to #4? I cannot imagine Stevie doing that - but I also did not expect him to take Seider at 6 last year.

My gut says Perfetti or Sanderson but who knows who Yzerman will choose lol
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend of Hockeytown View Post

I actually have the same feeling.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Veleno off to Europe now as well.

List of Red Wings loaned to Europe teams

Veleno is at least the ninth Red Wings player/prospect to be loaned to a European club during the COVID-19 pandemic, joining forwards Filip Zadina (HC Ocelari Trinec, Czech Republic), Michael Rasmussen (Graz 99ers, Austria) and Mathias Brome (Orebro HK, Sweden); defensemen Moritz Seider (Mannheim, Germany), Filip Hronek (Mountfield HK, Czech Republic), Gustav Lindstrom (Almtuna, Sweden) and Jared McIsaac (HPK, Finland) and goaltender Filip Larsson (Almtuna).

Dobber Sports Immortal

Ehn Perlini and Bowey all not coming back....

. Yzerman did not extend qualifying offers to restricted free agents Madison Bowey, Christoffer Ehn and Brendan Perlini by Wednesday's deadline. That opens up two forward spots and one for an offensive right-shot defenseman. Yzerman's 2019 first-round pick Moritz Seider fits the latter description, but he might be headed to play in Sweden

Dobber Sports Immortal

I'll get a recap of all Detroit's picks up tomorrow but holy crap did they just draft the next batch of Fargo characters? Some of these names are something else haha.

Theodor Niederbach
    Cross Hanas
    Donovan Sebrango
    Sam Stance
    Eemil Viro

Dobber Sports Pro

By not qualifying Ehn, are the Wings making room for Givani Smith in the bottom six? Asking for a friend.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

A lot of players are not being qualified.
    I think it's just a part of 2020.

I did realize today that Taylor Hall is in play for the Wings.
    He has heavy ties to southern Ontario.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    By not qualifying Ehn, are the Wings making room for Givani Smith in the bottom six? Asking for a friend.
    He's definitely in play. Hoping he makes it