Page 54 of 85 FirstFirst ... 4 44 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 64 ... LastLast

Thread: Detroit Red Wings

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Detroit Red Wings

It's fun reading the comments from last night into this morning after Yzermans pick 6th overall. Fans appear to be skeptically positive because it's Yzerman. If Ken Holland was still their GM, the fans would have lost their $hit with that pick LOL.

I hope Stevie hits it out of the park but man, one has to wonder where that kid was valued by other teams. I've read other teams had him in their top 10, but that's just what I've read. Who really knows.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    It's fun reading the comments from last night into this morning after Yzermans pick 6th overall. Fans appear to be skeptically positive because it's Yzerman. If Ken Holland was still their GM, the fans would have lost their $hit with that pick LOL.

I hope Stevie hits it out of the park but man, one has to wonder where that kid was valued by other teams. I've read other teams had him in their top 10, but that's just what I've read. Who really knows.
    Skeptically optimistic is a good way to put it haha

I wasn't as down on Holland as others in recent years but either way I'd like to think I'd have a similar approach if he were still around. After all...my prospect knowledge comes mostly from reading so what do I know.

I'd also like to think they didn't think they could move down and still get him otherwise they would have. Detroit loves moving down!

It'll be interesting to see because they left some potential studs on the board.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Hopefully today turns into true optimism because they have 4 picks in the first 35 picks of the day

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Hopefully today turns into true optimism because they have 4 picks in the first 35 picks of the day
    Still a lot of quality that slipped out of the 1st round.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Yzerman did try to move down, there just wasn't a deal to be had, apparently.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Yzerman did try to move down, there just wasn't a deal to be had, apparently.
    I'd be willing to bet a few GMs tried to move.

Administrator

The evidence (only one trade happening) shows there wasn't much interest in moving up. In fact Arizona likely overpaid for their trade-up.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Immortal

After the 2019/20 season Detroit will have Green, Ericsson and Daley off the books.

If they could just do a real tank this year they could be primed for a comeback in 2020/21. They need that stud pick to bring it all together.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Rasmussen, Zadina, Veleno, Seider and Svechnikov all sent to Grand Rapids.

A bit surprised but happy to see they have a plan and definitely makes me want to buy some Grand Rapids tickets!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Svechnikov (along with some others) have been called up by the Wings. He had a goal and two assists in the Griffins first game. AA, Nielsen, Ericsson and Daley all go to the IR. And so it begins.

Kaski was a guy who I thought could make the team. As a Dman he finished 6th in Finnish Elite League scoring last year and won the Best Player of Regular Season (Lasse Oksanen Award). For what that's worth.

The Detroit Red Wings made four call-ups in advance of hosting the Anaheim Ducks on Tuesday: forwards Evgeny Svechnikov and Ryan Kuffner, and defensemen Oliwer Kaski and Alex Biega.

The Wings also placed forward Andreas Athanasiou on injured reserve retroactive to Sept. 20. Athanasiou has been dealing with a lingering lower-body issue and has yet to play.

Forward Frans Nielsen, who was hit by a puck in Sunday’s game against Dallas, was also placed on IR, as was defenseman Trevor Daley, who left the Stars game with an undisclosed injury. Jonathan Ericsson, who has been out since training camp, landed on IR, too.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Athanasiou said he thinks he’s playing tonight.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Ha well so much for that.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I wouldn't be surprised if he still sits one more game. Not much about his injury has been disclosed though.

Dobber Sports Jedi

updates on Fantrax says he is IN.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Immortal

Poor Svech Sr.