Page 5 of 85 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Detroit Red Wings

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

The Detroit Red Wings have signed Jan Mursak (23) to a two-year deal. The 6th round selection of the 2006 draft has one goal and is minus-3 in 17 games with the Red Wings this season.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index....rsak_to_t.html

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Tonight's Lines:

Franzen - Zetterberg - Bertuzzi
    Hudler - Datsyuk - Cleary
    Holmstrom - Abdelkaeder - Miller
    Draper - Helm - Eaves

Lidstrom - Stuart
    Ericsson - Rafalski
    Kronwall - Kindl

Dobber Sports Guru

Hudler with 19 in his last 22! Glad I got him when I did.
    What's the best guess for him next year Dean?
    Are we gonna see 60+?
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Hudler with 19 in his last 22! Glad I got him when I did.
    What's the best guess for him next year Dean?
    Are we gonna see 60+?
    Sorry for the delay STONE, I just noticed your comment.

Good Ole' Hudler question haha. I was estatic when I was able to grab him in my draft this year only to see him struggle for WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY longer than I expected. I waited an extra 3 weeks through his struggles as I hoped he would improve but finally I had to cut ties with him and I traded him. As soon as I dealt Hudler he TOOK OFF. You can thank me for his resurgence

Hudler is definitely a difficult one to project but I would be comfortable saying that he should be somewhere between 55-65. His talent warrants him being a 60+ point player.

One thing to remember is that Jiri Hudler is a UFA following this season so his numbers will depend on where Hudler is playing next year. I have not heard much on whether Detroit will bring Hudler back next season but that will likely depend on how much money Hudler will be looking for. If Hudler demands more than $2.5 million then I am not sure Holland will re-sign him (he is currently making 2.85 million)

Hope that helps.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Preview of Sharks @ Red Wings (02.22.2011)
    Thanks to nhl.com for providing the stats

Team Records:
    San Jose (33-21-6) Sharks are 8-2-0 in their last 10 games
    Detroit (37-16-6) Red Wings are 7-3-0 in their last 10 games

Previous Meetings (3rd of 4 meetings)
    Detroit won the series opener 5-3 back on November 30 in San Jose but the Sharks won 5-2 when visiting the Joe Louis Arena on December 6. So far this season, the visiting team has been on the better side of the scoresheet in each game.

San Jose has been one of the hottest NHL teams (exception: NJ Devils) over the past 15 games (12-2-1) and I would expect them to bring their "A-game" tonight as the Red Wing-Sharks rivalries always seem to be great matchups. The Wings' opponents are riding a 3 game win streak with their latest coming in the form of a 4-0 shutout over the Colorado Avalanche on Saturday night.

Todd Bertuzzi scored the shootout winner on Sunday during his 1000th NHL game (congrats Big Bert!) which extended the Red Wings' win streak to five games. Since Pavel Datsyuk returned from injury, Detroit has been a rejuvenated team. Datsyuk has 9 points in 7 games since his hand injury. Coincidence? I don't think so. Pavel Datsyuk is the engine that drives this team.

Who's Hot (from nhl.com) The Sharks' Setoguchi has 12 points in his last 12 games (8 goals, 4 assists). … Red Wings forward Jiri Hudler is making the most of his opportunity playing on a line with Pavel Datsyuk, scoring 2 goals and 9 points in seven games together.
    Injuries
    San Jose: ME Vlasic (upper-body) and Nittymaki (lower-body) are day-to-day
    Detroit: Valtteri Filppula (knee), Mike Modano (wrist) and Osgood (sports hernia surgery).

Filppula is close to returning from injury. Osgood is getting closer to returning too

Top Producers (this season) vs. Opponent
    San Jose Sharks:
    Heatley 2GP-2G-1A-3P
    Clowe 2GP -1G-2A-3P
    Couture 2GP -2G-0A-2P

Detroit Red Wings:
    Zetterberg 2GP-2G-2A-4P
    Rafalski 2GP-0G-4A-4P
    Datsyuk 2GP-1G-2A-3P

Starting Goaltenders
    DET: Howard
    SJS: Niemi

My Prediction
    Detroit - 4
    San Jose - 6

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    One thing to remember is that Jiri Hudler is a UFA following this season so his numbers will depend on where Hudler is playing next year. I have not heard much on whether Detroit will bring Hudler back next season but that will likely depend on how much money Hudler will be looking for. If Hudler demands more than $2.5 million then I am not sure Holland will re-sign him (he is currently making 2.85 million)
    Capgeek has him signed through 2011-12. I think he's a Wing again next year for sure. I think I'm going to bank on 55 and be happy with better.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Capgeek has him signed through 2011-12. I think he's a Wing again next year for sure. I think I'm going to bank on 55 and be happy with better.
    My bad. I should've checked his actual contract status. Terrible memory. Betting on 55 is exactly what I would do too. Anything more would be gravy.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

What did you think of Mursak's play in the limted time he spent on the ice with the Wings earlier this season?

Dobber Sports Sage

Ya, he signed that two year deal just before arbitration. I expected 60 from him this year and definitely expect it next year. Took him far longer than expected to adapt. Love watching him play, though, so slick with the puck. His vision is pretty sick, too.
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Pokerface View Post
    What did you think of Mursak's play in the limted time he spent on the ice with the Wings earlier this season?
    I am glad you said the word "limited ice time" as it is very accurate. It is no surprise that the Red Wings didn't throw him into the lineup and expect him to log big minutes because they never do that with their prospects.

Mursak averaged 8:13 minutes per game in the 17 games with Detroit (two different call-ups). He recorded one goal but played hard every shift and eventually that hard play is going to pay off. The Red Wings seem to always mae their players work hard. It is one attribute that each and every wing player possesses. I wasn't able to catch many of the games that Mursak played with the big club but the fact that I didn't notice him (negatively) is a good sign.

Two other good signs which bodes well for him in the future:

1. Detroit deciding to give him a two-year extension proves that they were happy with Mursak's play during the callups.

and,

2. Coach Mike Babcock's comments on Mursak before sending him down.
    "He’s excellent, been excellent for us,” Babcock said. “He’s an NHL player, plays with speed, tenacity. He’s on the puck, he’ll play for us.
    Those two bolded statements are HUGE for any Mursak owners. In my opinion, Mursak, 23, will follow a similar path as Valtteri Filppula (click link to see his production) as he makes his transition into the NHL. Mursak is very responsible defensively so he shouldn't be a liability when on the ice which always improves a prospects chances at succeeding. Mursak will likely start on the 3rd or 4th line and work his way up (slowly) until he becomes a fixture on the 3rd line with secondary PP time. How long will that take? You're guess is as good as mine.

I could see him cracking the lineup next season and putting up 15-20 points. From there, I would look for him to improve to 30-35 points in year two. Mursak should be fantasy relevant by the 2013-14 season (40+) unless you are in a deep league (2012-13)

Hope that helps.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Modano (out since Nov 26th with a wrist injury) expects to return Saturday versus the Sabres

Interview here http://m.youtube.com/watch?desktop_u...fsDYKG34&gl=US

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Look for the Red Wings to recall someone for Thursday's game from Grand Rapids with Patrick Eaves out and Filppula and Modano not quite ready to return (until Saturday)

http://www.freep.com/article/2011022...036/1053/rss17

Dobber Sports Sage

Fairly typical question here, Rossy, but do you see Hudler sticking in that top 6 role next year? I suppose as long as he's producing and playing the two way game properly it should be a no-brainer....but what's your insight?
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Going out on a limb here and saying yes. However, watch how the return of Modano affects Hudler this season. Modano might not be back next year but if Hudler gets bumped from PP time and top 6 duties by Modano than I have less faith in Hudler maintaining the Top 6 role.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Jan Mursak has been recalled by the Red Wings to replace injured Patrick Eaves (at least one week)