Page 2 of 85 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Detroit Red Wings

Administrator

The KHL is more passive, less physical and slower than the NHL. I guess he's used to playing at a lower level and now he can't get his mind up to speed. I'm really torn on what his NHL future holds, because if he sucks the rest of the way this season he could be bought out and he would no doubt take the money overseas at that point. I guess the next dozen games could be very telling.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quick Update Re: Kindl

Kindl has been sent down to the AHL Grand Rapids team. He hasn't played in forever.

http://detnews.com/article/20101208/...409/1128/rss16

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    Tough loss last night for the wings.

Here's a quick read on Hudler to date
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...medium=twitter

The line that I agree with the most is,

There's also mentions that suggest putting him on waivers. I doubt that will happen but we will see I guess.

Just your Red Wings' update

At this point, I would be elated if they put Hudler on waivers, he'd get snapped up in two seconds and would probably thrive elsewhere in a scoring role with 15+ minutes of ice time. On Crosby's wing maybe, anyone?

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Expert

Hey Deaner! What's your personal opinion on Hudler I have a chance to pick him up in a keeper, but I don't know if it's worth it. How will he fare for the rest of the season? Is he goign to get better in your opinion?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by TML View Post
    Hey Deaner! What's your personal opinion on Hudler I have a chance to pick him up in a keeper, but I don't know if it's worth it. How will he fare for the rest of the season? Is he goign to get better in your opinion?
    He certainly can't get any worse, can he? haha Unless he returns to the KHL (which I don't see happening). Hudler looks to be out of place this year. He seems to be a step behind the play and makes poor decisions.

I would recommend getting him but I definitely wouldn't overpay to get him. I guess it depends on what you have to give up to get him.... let me know what you were thinking of giving up for him.

Dobber Sports Expert

He certainly can't get any worse, can he? haha Unless he returns to the KHL (which I don't see happening). Hudler looks to be out of place this year. He seems to be a step behind the play and makes poor decisions.

I would recommend getting him but I definitely wouldn't overpay to get him. I guess it depends on what you have to give up to get him.... let me know what you were thinking of giving up for him.
    He would be a FA pickup. This is a keeper league, and he would be a keeper, since he's not a FA next year. I do have an open spot on my roster, as I've just made a deal, to clear some cap space and the roster spot.

My team is middle of the pack, so it's not liek I"m winning this year anyways, so if he's a good long term pickup, i'll pick him up right away.

Dobber Sports Expert

Turns out I'm ok with the risk, picked him up last night. Hockey gods are blessing me, he gets another chance to show his stuff tonight against LA.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Good pickup especially since you had an open spot. Maybe you will bring good luck to all Hudler owners

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Red Wing Updates and Thoughts

- Datsyuk Injured
    As you all probably know, Pavel Datsyuk will miss at least 4 weeks with a wrist injury. Datsyuk has been one of the NHLers most durable players. With Datsyuk out, I would expect Babcock to try a bunch of different line combinations. Fortunately for the Red Wings, Henrik Zetterberg is playing like he is 25 again. They will ride him hard. I would look for Hudler to get a look in the top 6 with Pavel out but he will NEED to produce to stick. Filppula could see an increased role (offensively and defensively) with Datsyuk out.

- Christmas Schedule
    The Red Wings return to the ice tonight against their division rivals St. Louis (away game) before their holiday break. Detroit returns December 26th to face the Minnesota Wild on the road.

-Grand Rapid Griffins Update
    Tomas Tatar continues to lead the Grand Rapids Griffins team in scoring with 27 points in 33 AHL games (8G, 17A). He has almost surpassed his totals from last season with GR (16G-16A - 32P in 58 GP). He had 3 assists in last nights win against the Marlies. Caution: As expected with young players, I have noticed that Tatar is quite streaky in his second Pro season. Before posting his 7 point effort in late november, Tatar went 6 games without a point. He seems to post a multiple point game and then comes back with a game or two without a point. Tatar is going to be a great NHL player.

Brendan Smith continues to lead the GR Griffins defencemen in scoring (7G 13A 20P in 33 GP). Smith started the season on fire and then fizzled out in the month of November (2G, 2A, -3 in 13 Nov games). Smith has improved his play in December (1G, 6A, +7 in 11 December games). One thing that I have noticed is that Brendan has posted huge PIM numbers. He currently has 61PIM in 33 games. This bodes well for his fantasy numbers. If I had to guess, Smith should post just above 1 PIM per game played.

Jakob Kindl registered 2A in last nights game. Kindl has only played in 8AHL games as he has been watching the big club play from the press box. Kindl needs to play some games and he finally got into one.

Please feel free to post any questions or comments you have. I try to watch the Wings play whenever possible so I will do my best to help out.
    Last edited by Dean Youngblood; December 23, 2010 at 11:02 AM.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Due to Cleary's injury, the Wings have recalled forward Jan Mursak from Grand Rapids. Mursak has 10 goals and 13 assists in 33 AHL games this season.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Lidstrom is simply unreal.

1G and 3A again tonight vs the Avalanche.

He now has 33 points in 36 games played.
    He is on currently on pace for 23 GOALS, 52 ASSISTS and 75 POINTS......As a 40 year old!!!

Unbelievable. I should have never dealt him away at last years' deadline

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Lidstrom is simply unreal.

1G and 3A again tonight vs the Avalanche.

He now has 33 points in 36 games played.
    He is on currently on pace for 23 GOALS, 52 ASSISTS and 75 POINTS......As a 40 year old!!!

Unbelievable. I should have never dealt him away at last years' deadline

I feel your pain Dean, I dealt him for Rinne in one of my keeper leagues
    There are 2 seasons, Hockey & Waiting for Hockey

Dynasty, 7 Teams, Pts Only
    35 Skaters+3 Goalies
    Start:1G,6D,12F
    G: 2pt win, 2pt SO, 1pt OTL
    5 changes/month
    Playoffs run with 1 lineup

G: Price,Fleury,Rinne
    D: Green,Phaneuf,Doughty,J.Johnson,Markov,Edler,
    Ehrhoff,Carlson,Pitkanen,McBain,OEL
    F:Malkin,D.Sedin,Kopitar,Perry,Datsyuk,Spezza,
    Cammaleri,Carter,Iginla,Savard,Selanne,Plekanec,
    Voracek,Hemsky,Burrows,C.Giroux,Backlund,Filatov,
    Couture,Paajarvi,Grabner,Connolly

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Tomas Tatar called up for tonight's game vs Islanders !!! NHL debut!!

Filling in Eaves who is day to day.

Should be fun to see what he's got.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

- Chris Osgood will get the start between the pipes tonight in his hometown of Edmonton.

- Detroit has won the first two matchups against the Oilers this season with scores of 3-1 and 6-2

- The wings are coming off two straight defeats and are looking to keep themselves atop the western conference standings

- WHO'S HOT? Filppula has scored in two straight games while putting together a five-game point streak of his own. Filppula has 3 points against the Oilers this season

- The Wings will be missing their leading point getter versus the Oilers (2GP 3G 2A 5P +4) this season as Cleary remains injured.

- INJURIES

Pavel Datsyuk (broken right hand) is still expected to miss a few more weeks
    Dany Cleary (broken left ankle) is out a month.
    Brad Stuart is probable after missing some time due to a head injury.
    Patrick Eaves (elbow) is listed as questionable.

Detroit is definitely the favourite here but Edmonton won't just roll over for the red wings.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks for doing this blog on the Wings...its a GREAT read! You always have great advice and insight. Cheers
    10 Team 5 Keeper Roto....Stats are:G,A,+/-,HITS,PPP,SOG,FW and W,SO,GAA,SV%:

C-A.Barkov,V.Trochek,B.Horvat
    RW-A.Svechkinov(LW),T.Bertuzzi(LW),P.Laine(LW)
    LW-B.Marchand,E.Kane(RW),B.Schenn(RW/C)
    F-L.Couture(C)
    D-K.Letang,D.Nurse,M.Seider,N.Pionk
    G-I.Shesterkin.C.Hellebuyck
    BEN-E.Merzlikins(G),K.Kahkonen(G),J.Bratt(LW/RW),T.Toffoli(LW/RW),B.Jenner(LW/C),R.Andersson(D)
    IR-J.Vrana(LW),N.Ehlers(RW/LW)