Page 11 of 86 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Detroit Red Wings

Dobber Sports Sophomore

With Detroit's current losing streak, do you think Brendan Smith will be called up soon to shake things up a bit?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Cloghaun View Post
    With Detroit's current losing streak, do you think Brendan Smith will be called up soon to shake things up a bit?
    Smith is still serving his 5 game suspension so the Wings have been recalling him and sending him down over the last three weeks. Smith has served 4 games to date. I am sure that once his suspension is served Detroit will get him into a few AHL games before calling him up. He will get some NHL games this season so keep an eye out.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Brendan Smith was called up from the minors on Tuesday December 6.

Any info as to why and if he will play?

Thanks!
    15 teams full keeper league, NHL Salary cap + 10M$ (Cap hit)
    ROTO - Weekly lineups
    Cats : P, SOG, PPP, TKA, Hit, Blk, W, SV%
    12FW, 6D, 2G
    C: Eichel, Tavares, Rasmussen, Zacha
    W: Ehlers, Mantha, Caufield, Marner, Raymond, Tippett, Tuch
    D: Byram, Clifton, Fabbro, Hamilton, Hughes, Matheson, Schneider
    G: Grubauer, Forsberg, Francouz (minor eligible)

IR: Wilson, Couturier, Arvidsson, Chychrun

Dobber Sports Monster

Interesting stat the Wings have not lost at home since Nov 3rd. 14 consecutive home victories and go for a new franchise record of 15 vs Buffalo Monday night.

Also look for Drew Miller to be in the lineup vs his brother Ryan.

http://http://www.detroitnews.com/ar...351/1128/rss16

Dobber Sports Immortal

Loved Miller's redemption tonight after the horrible giveaway leading to Vancouver's 2nd goal.

I also love Hudler getting his 15th of the year!!! UFA this summer....should be interesting to see what HE does. We know what Detroit will do.....below market value contract...but fair.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Another interesting stat....and I really don't want to jinx things for them...but here are the Wings records in the shootout since its' implementation:

06: 4-3
    07: 2-8
    08: 5-5
    09: 6-4
    10: 6-9 (holy crap 15 SO games)
    11: 4-4
    12: 6-0 so far

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Another interesting stat....and I really don't want to jinx things for them...but here are the Wings records in the shootout since its' implementation:

06: 4-3
    07: 2-8
    08: 5-5
    09: 6-4
    10: 6-9 (holy crap 15 SO games)
    11: 4-4
    12: 6-0 so far
    See.....I jinxed it.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Looking at the Wings current home and away records gives me a very good feeling about their chances of maintaining the division lead in the Central:

Home: 20-2-1
    Road: 15-15-1

You read that right! The best home team in the league plays 18 of their remaining 28 games at the Joe. It all begins Wednesday night with a rematch of Saturday against the Oilers. The Edmonton game is the first of six straight at home, and 10 of their next 12!!

It is by no means an easy schedule, and a bad start tomorrow night and Friday against the Ducks could really set them into a tailspin at the wrong time. Here is what it looks like:

vs Edm
    vs Ana
    vs Phi
    vs Dal
    vs Nas
    vs SJ
    @ Chi
    vs Van
    vs Col
    @ CBJ
    vs Min
    vs Chi

I'll call a loss right now in their Feb 25 game vs Colorado. There is no way they get up for that after facing four straight powerhouses in Nashville, San Jose, Chicago and Vancouver.

Dobber Sports Immortal

W 4-2 vs Edm
    vs Ana
    vs Phi
    vs Dal
    vs Nas
    vs SJ
    @ Chi
    vs Van
    vs Col
    @ CBJ
    vs Min
    vs Chi

18 and counting. Please Detroit........if you're going to lose...lose to Philly on Sunday.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm not 100% sure but isn't the FLyers game the one they would need to win to tie the Flyers forthe longest home winning streak? Seems like it's meant to be if so...

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I'm not 100% sure but isn't the FLyers game the one they would need to win to tie the Flyers forthe longest home winning streak? Seems like it's meant to be if so...
    Yes it is...Im just saying I dont want it to end against the Ducks haah

Dobber Sports Immortal

Below is a link to Red Wings Central mid season rundown of Red Wings' prospects. Their top three haven't changed (Smith, Nyquist, Jarnkrok), but Petr Mrazek has made a huge push jumping 4 spots to #4 overall.

Nice little additional info on Jarnkrok and his success in the SEL.

http://www.redwingscentral.com/2012/...charging-hard/

Dobber Sports Immortal

New NHL record for most consecutive home wins!! Now that thats done let's get a couple of losses in there so we don't use everything up before the playoffs

Dobber Sports Immortal

Funny to see them mention the longest winning streaks in sports the other night; the longest being 44 GAMES!!!!!!!! by the Bulls.

44-Chicago, March 30, 1995-April 4, 1996 (7 games in 1994-95; 37 games in 1995-96)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Wow. 23 straight now. Don't know if they deserved to win today, although neither team played particularly well, but they got the job done. The third line of Miller-Helm-Abdelkader has been fantastic lately. Miller's definitely worth a look n deeper leagues; five goals in his past 10 now.

Next up is a road game in Chicago (who the hell put that there), then two more home games vs Vancouver and Colorado.