Page 50 of 85 FirstFirst ... 40 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 60 ... LastLast

Thread: Detroit Red Wings

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Detroit Red Wings

If I was a Wings fan, I am not sure I'd find it interesting; I'd be disappointed. Holland has done some terrific work for the Wings over the years but he is driving the bus in the wrong direction and I am not sure he's the guy to get it back on track.

I hope it works out for ya.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    If I was a Wings fan, I am not sure I'd find it interesting; I'd be disappointed. Holland has done some terrific work for the Wings over the years but he is driving the bus in the wrong direction and I am not sure he's the guy to get it back on track.

I think he was two years ago but I don't see how he is driving the bus in the wrong direction this or last season.

Dobber Sports Deity

Enjoy the ride then.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post

As a die hard wings fan for life I am super disappointed with the Wings brass bringing back Holland. Too many bonehead free agent signings, bad trades, and bad contracts. The Wings have so much salary tied up to average at best players and hands out NMC's and NTC's like they're breath mints.

The guy has overstayed his welcome in Detroit in my opinion. He was great pre-cap when he had Mr. I's open check book and could bring in a lot of top talent. But you can obviously tell he is NOT built for the cap world. I wish the Wings would let him go and bring in someone new. The wings management and Ken himself are far too loyal to their players. I respect that to an extent... but they take it to the extreme. The wings need help all around and with Kenny boy at the helm its not going to happen. They are going to be stuck as a crappy team for the next few years with the contract and cap restraints we will have.

I'd love to see Stevie Y. return home after seeing what he's done in Tampa... but I don't know if I see that happening... unless he wants the challenge. I mean look at whats he's got going on down there vs what we got lol.

But yes, I agree with you Axe he's not the right guy to drive the bus at all. Sigh... I am 30 years old and barley remember the first few years of my life. So as far back as my memory recalls the wings have been awesome and a playoff team. This is unfamiliar territory for me and its weird. I don't like it lol.
    SBFHL | Halifax Plague
    16 team H2H Full Keeper w/ 20man prospects
    G,GWG,OG,ShG,A,PPP,SHP,HT,FOW,Hits,BLK,PIM,+/-,SOG | W,SHO,SV,OL,GA,ShL (2.5x for defensive points)
    SBFHL Champion: 2013-14, 2017-18

Main Roster
    F:Tavares/Malkin/Benn/Pavelski/Tarasenko
    /Granlund/Parise/Dubois/DeBrincat/Ritchie/Chiasson/Marleau/
    D:Hedman/Subban/Doughty/Rielly/Oleksiak/C. Miller
    G:Rask/Quick

Prospect Roster
    F​: Frederic/Foo/Heponiemi/Mantha/Ho-Sang/Groulx/Safin/Hawryluk/Goldobin/Roslovic/Korshkov/Cj. Smith/Bokk/McBain/Greer/Marody
    D: Jokiharju/Perunovich/M. Phiillips/Weegar
    G: Gillies/Brossoit/Wedgewood/Eriksson EK

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I did not like that Vanek gets a NTC in his one-year deal. He's a prime trade deadline target for the Wings to move and capture some futures...
    I also did not like Green getting two-years and also a NTC in his deal...

Signing Bernier, allows for the Wings to use Bernier and ____ and possibly move Howard's contract.

This team is chalk full of bad money. Nyquist surely gets dealt by the deadline, one would think. That's $4+mil off the books and at minimum Kronwall's money comes off after this year.

Wings have some good prospects and are kind of reloading, but gotta kill the bad money first.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Anyone hearing what Dylan Larkin's new contract is going to come in at? I've budgeted his cap hit at $5M in my dynasty league, but I'm hoping he gets less than that on a 1 or 2 year bridge deal.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Newbie

What do you guys think athanasious value will be in leagues next year. I made a video on my opion if you wanna check it out.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F5-ZAJiXQA

Dobber Sports Deity

Interesting comments from Blashill on Zetterberg. I am assuming he's going to fulfill his contract seeing as he hasn't made any comments otherwise.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nhl/...rik-zetterberg

Coach Jeff Blashill isn't sure what the status of Henrik Zetterberg is at this moment.

"At this point, I haven't heard anything from Henrik to say that he is or is not playing," Blashill said. "The biggest thing with Henrik is, how healthy is Henrik? I know he spent the whole second half of last season not practicing because of his back. He ground it out because he is the ultimate warrior, one of the best I have ever been around, and was able to still be a real good player. But that continues to take a wear and tear on your body. So I think he is in the process of deliberating to see where is his back at? And only Henrik can answer that and it will be answered I am sure come camp time." A report earlier this off-season indicated that Detroit was preparing for the possibility that Zetterberg may not be available.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Anyone hearing what Dylan Larkin's new contract is going to come in at? I've budgeted his cap hit at $5M in my dynasty league, but I'm hoping he gets less than that on a 1 or 2 year bridge deal.
    If you're preparing for a bridge, budget for the Golden Gate.... I think Larkin is getting a 6 year deal and north of 5M. Dude is a stud, pure and simple and I traded him in his sophomore season like a complete idiot. I haven't heard anything, but I am guessing they skip the bridge on this one.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    If you're preparing for a bridge, budget for the Golden Gate.... I think Larkin is getting a 6 year deal and north of 5M. Dude is a stud, pure and simple and I traded him in his sophomore season like a complete idiot. I haven't heard anything, but I am guessing they skip the bridge on this one.
    I've been on the bandwagon since early in his rookie campaign. He just passed the eye test for me. So even after a disappointing sophomore season that say him record only 32 points after a 45 point debut, I was still high on him. The good old eye test! Haha, my version of Trouble with the Curve apparently!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I've been on the bandwagon since early in his rookie campaign. He just passed the eye test for me. So even after a disappointing sophomore season that say him record only 32 points after a 45 point debut, I was still high on him. The good old eye test! Haha, my version of Trouble with the Curve apparently!
    He passed my eye test too. He's the only player I traded after he passed my eye test and I kept the guy who failed it. I polled mobs after mobs of hockey fans about Sam Bennett vs Dylan Larkin and they swore up and down Bennett was gonna be better. I went with it because I made a mistake between Patrik Berglund and Kyle Okposo (who I thought failed my eye test) and learned that lesson hard. I never get it right lol....

I did get it right with Karlsson though lol. You know what, I<m gonna start a thread about this haha.
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Jedi

Hate to dash dreams, but I don't see anyway Larkin gets 5m. Go up, way up. They're talking Nylander 6+ and Larkin is the star in Detroit... 6-8 years and 7m would not shock me. I wouldn't even be surprised
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Hate to dash dreams, but I don't see anyway Larkin gets 5m. Go up, way up. They're talking Nylander 6+ and Larkin is the star in Detroit... 6-8 years and 7m would not shock me. I wouldn't even be surprised
    Makes sense. To me, I was thinking some kind of cap-updated Jonathan Toews deal. Not the post three cups one, but the one before... 6.3 for 5 years... So Larkin at 6.5 makes a lot of sense to me.

Why did I trade him? Idiot...
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Master

Makes sense. To me, I was thinking some kind of cap-updated Jonathan Toews deal. Not the post three cups one, but the one before... 6.3 for 5 years... So Larkin at 6.5 makes a lot of sense to me.

Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Deity

Well, he was up, but I wouldn't say he was way up from the $5M.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post

And you weren't far off.