Page 78 of 86 FirstFirst ... 28 68 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1276

Thread: Detroit Red Wings

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Detroit Red Wings

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    More importantly... Washington is up 4-1 on NJ. A Washington win and Detroit loss means Detroit's odds move from 5 to 6%.
    Well I jinxed that. Again.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I know Yzerman's signings lately are understandably in question, but they really need some of these picks to start turning over this year.

Berggren and Soderblom started the process last year.

They need some big strides toward the NHL for guys like Mazur, Hanas, Wallinder, Hanas, Sebrango, Buium and Mastrosimone.

Those last few years of Holland drafts are absolute killers. First round picks of Svechnikov (in one of the best drafts in recent memory), Cholowski, Rasmussen, Zadina and Veleno has had some pretty catastrophic results. Rasmussen definitely turned it around last year but he's projecting as a 3 or 4C.

As Axe said in another thread, the pro scouting staff seems to value things different than a lot of people because they keep overpaying for average or below average talent (Copp, Chiarot, Holl, Compher).

Now they're been passed by Buffalo and Ottawa and I suspect will be fighting for the bottom with Montreal.

Dobber Sports Deity

I know Yzerman's signings lately are understandably in question, but they really need some of these picks to start turning over this year.

Berggren and Soderblom started the process last year.

They need some big strides toward the NHL for guys like Mazur, Hanas, Wallinder, Hanas, Sebrango, Buium and Mastrosimone.

Those last few years of Holland drafts are absolute killers. First round picks of Svechnikov (in one of the best drafts in recent memory), Cholowski, Rasmussen, Zadina and Veleno has had some pretty catastrophic results. Rasmussen definitely turned it around last year but he's projecting as a 3 or 4C.

As Axe said in another thread, the pro scouting staff seems to value things different than a lot of people because they keep overpaying for average or below average talent (Copp, Chiarot, Holl, Compher).

Now they're been passed by Buffalo and Ottawa and I suspect will be fighting for the bottom with Montreal.
    Is drafting really the issue or is it development of their key prospects?

Zadina at 6 wasn't a reach by any means. If anything, some would have said he fell a couple spots. At least they let him play most of his first pro season in the AHL.

Rasmussen and Veleno are showing promise but again, probably rushed. Veleno had 58GP in the AHL before they brought him up. Same for Rasmussen; up and down after being drafted. Cholowski - rushed. After he was drafted, he played one more year of Junior before playing most of the next year in the NHL and then the AHL, and then the NHL and then the AHL, and so on.... Then they let him go.

That's just poor development if you ask most people.

Berggren is showing promise because he played two more seasons in SWE after getting drafted and then a season in the AHL. Similar for Soderblom, who also played two more seasons in SWE after getting drafted. This is what they need to be doing. Signing guys like Copp and Compher to long term deals is just not smart business. Granted, it buys your prospects time but it seems for some of them it doesn't and if anything, it forces their young assets to play in the NHL at a reduced role and limited minutes.

A lot of people think Yzerman walks on water as a GM but I see him as just another GM who makes makes like every other one. He doesn't walk on water; he treads it like most other GMs. He gets too much rope because of his time in TB.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Is Grand Rapids Griffins set up for development, or to win the AHL Championship? Legacy AHL teams might not be set up for helping the NHL roster back fill. They haven't been a strong team in the AHL (last in the central division 2yrs in a row). But they might have been chasing a championship up until the 2019-20yr when Yzerman came in and likely changed the philosophy.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Is Grand Rapids Griffins set up for development, or to win the AHL Championship? Legacy AHL teams might not be set up for helping the NHL roster back fill. They haven't been a strong team in the AHL (last in the central division 2yrs in a row). But they might have been chasing a championship up until the 2019-20yr when Yzerman came in and likely changed the philosophy.
    Definitely development again. With the signings they made it looks like Kasper and Mazur are maybes. Elmer, Lombardi, Johansson and Wallinder will definitely be down there. Edvinsson is up in the air. McIsaac and Seabrango are headed toward 7th D territory or AHL lifers. Cossa should get the bulk for GR...if he can last.

Right now Veleno is their 12th forward and he's currently unsigned. Could Kasper or Mazur fit in as that 12th forward? I sure hope so.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Sounds like Debrincat to Detroit is just a matter of them agreeing on an extension.

I have no idea what the return will be though...

Dobber Sports Initiate

A DeBrincat contract seems more dubious than any a Chiarot or Holl signing. If it's nine years of DeBrincat until he's 34, and they're supposed to contend in 3-7 years... He'll likely be over 30 when the Wings are relevant. Otoh, he may push them a bit further along now. I wonder what cap they'll land on.. 8x8M?

...and the trade with Ottawa who barely has any leverage, that has to go through too. Yzerman shipped out several players because they probably wouldn't make the playoffs last season. Why would he give up a first rounder at this point? I'd guess an expendable decent prospect/young player and a second rounder.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by loppantorkel View Post
    A DeBrincat contract seems more dubious than any a Chiarot or Holl signing. If it's nine years of DeBrincat until he's 34, and they're supposed to contend in 3-7 years... He'll likely be over 30 when the Wings are relevant. Otoh, he may push them a bit further along now. I wonder what cap they'll land on.. 8x8M?

...and the trade with Ottawa who barely has any leverage, that has to go through too. Yzerman shipped out several players because they probably wouldn't make the playoffs last season. Why would he give up a first rounder at this point? I'd guess an expendable decent prospect/young player and a second rounder.
    Detroit needs some elite scorers and right now it doesn't appear they have any in their system. They're going to have to add some during free agency or a trade because they are likely to fall out of the top 10 in the draft starting next season. Signing Debrincat to a 8-year contract takes him to 33 and only the last couple years should one expect a slight fall-off. If the price is not too high, I think it's a smart move for Debrincat.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Star

I imagine Debrincat will take less to come home. Larkin makes 8.7m AAV so it'll probably be in the 8-8.5m range
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Bam. Finally some good news.

Dobber Sports Sage

Bam. Finally some good news.
    Great move for Detroit. Larkin, Debrincat, and Raymond is an explosive top line.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Immortal

This means nothing but figured I'd just throw it in here. Daily faceoff has the following lines...

Raymond - Larkin - Debrincat
    Berggren - Compher - Perron
    Fabbri - Copp - Sprong
    Kostin - Rasmussen - Fischer

Walman - Seider
    Ghost - Holl (YUCK)
    Maatta - Chiarot

We shall see what happens with Veleno, but also if Kasper or Edvidsson can get right in there this year.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Interesting lineup. It still doesn't look like it's going into the playoffs this season, does it?! Perhaps slightly better than last year if Holl performs well enough

I doubt we'll see Rasmussen in a fourth line role though, or much in a center role.

Dobber Sports Stud

No not a playoff-bound lineup for me right now - more in that 16-22 range and hanging in the race a little longer before coming up short.

I see the F lines:

Rasmussen - Larkin - Raymond
    DeBrincat - Copp - Perron
    Fabbri - Compher - Sprong
    Kostin - Veleno - Fischer

I actually think Stevie wants the kids ALL in GR for most of the year (injuries notwithstanding).

A L1 of Soderblom - Kasper - Berggren getting all the O-minutes they can handle at the A-level.

Pretty sure Yzerman also said in his presser that their preference is to have Edvinsson in GR all year unless he blows the doors off.
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Immortal

Berggren played 67 games for Detroit last year so I don't really see him going back down now.