Thread: Corey Crawford...

I...am your father.

Default Corey Crawford...

Could be this year's Jimmy Howard. The longer Osgood - I mean, Turco - struggles, and the better Crawford plays, the more often CC will get starts. He needs Turco to get hurt though. Osgood got hurt last year and Howard seized the job for good. Crawford needs that.

Anyway, I had a feeling about Crawford since the preseason. Then Turco got off to a strong start and CC stumbled, so I lost some faith. But now, as the roller coaster that we know as fantasy hockey rolls along, I am back on board the Crawford train. This will take another six or eight weeks or so to get resolved. Can't wait to see if I'm right
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Pro

I think they both stink. Dwayne Roloson anyone? Dipietro is showing some signs of being healthy, Roloson is a 41yr old pending UFA so he doesnt really fit into the Isles plan. The Hawks cant expect to repeat with that depleted lineup and poor goal-tending!(yes, it's worse than Niemi and Huet)
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

The Great One

I thought/think this too and got Crawford in one of my keepers for this very reason.

But worse-case scenario, I have a strong feeling that even if Turco remains the starter for this season, I don't see Chicago resigning him and I have a hunch they will give the job to Crawford next year (if he doesn't win it from Turco sooner than that).
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Corey Crawford

This may sound like a stupid question, but

How do you you guys seeing Crawford as compared to Dubnyk as far as starts the rest of the year?

Is it worth dropping DD to pick up the platoon in CHI? Is Turco still going to get the starts this year because of his contract or is he pretty much done?
    8 Team H2H 4 Keepers, Roster of 20
    Nightly Lineup: Play 12 (6-7F, 4D, 1-2G)
    Stats: G(4), A(2), +/-(1), SOG(.5), PIM(.5), PPG(1), SHG(2), GWG(2), SHOG(1), W(5), SO(5), SVs(.2)

F: Neal, Eberle, Benn, Wheeler, MacKinnon, Marleau, Huberdeau, Lucic, Silfverberg, Hartnell, Stepan
    D: DelZotto, Edler, Green, Wideman
    G: Rask, Price, Dubnyk, Nabokov, Fasth

Dobber Sports Veteran

I am pretty sure that even if Turco losses the job to CC that he still gets more than Backup share starts based on his contract, now that said that was not the case last year with Niemi and Huet so I really think Dobber is onto soemthing here!!.......now just to put a value on Crawford for my league

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    I think they both stink. Dwayne Roloson anyone? Dipietro is showing some signs of being healthy, Roloson is a 41yr old pending UFA so he doesnt really fit into the Isles plan. The Hawks cant expect to repeat with that depleted lineup and poor goal-tending!(yes, it's worse than Niemi and Huet)
    Crawford is a good goaltender. I've been discussing him as a good prospect here for three years now. He just had some early jitters. He won't be the next Patrick Roy, but he could carve himself out a career like Chris Osgood did, or Jimmy Howard will. Average goaltenders on strong teams.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by najski View Post
    This may sound like a stupid question, but

How do you you guys seeing Crawford as compared to Dubnyk as far as starts the rest of the year?

Is it worth dropping DD to pick up the platoon in CHI? Is Turco still going to get the starts this year because of his contract or is he pretty much done?
    I would prefer Dubnyk...but it's close and Crawford could get a ton of wins this year with CHI...whereas Dubie is in EDM so wins won't come a whole lot this year.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by JD88 View Post
    I am pretty sure that even if Turco losses the job to CC that he still gets more than Backup share starts based on his contract, now that said that was not the case last year with Niemi and Huet so I really think Dobber is onto soemthing here!!.......now just to put a value on Crawford for my league
    Good point, that's why CC needs an injury to Turco for this theory to work.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Yup has to be an injury. Turco isn't the only Hawk struggling a little here - if they sort things out some I think Turco's fortunes will take an upswing as well. I honestly hate owing him but with little choice I have to hope for the best and I do hope that doesn't color my view of his potential at least for this year.

Dobber Sports Monster

Hop on the CC train as well here. He will wrestle the gig away from Turco. Or at least the lions share of starts. He's played well when given the chance. He'll get some starts here coming up will toss in some more solid starts, you'll start to see a shift happen, more starts for Crawford than before, he'll gain some momentum with that, get hot and like Dobber said may take 6-8 weeks whatever, but at some point the kid gonna rattle off an extended hot streak and take it over for good. Come playoff time Hawks gonna need Turco's experience, so they'll keep him happy ( per se) with feeding him some starts, but I do fully expect C.C. to have the lions share of the gig at some point this season!

The Great One

Not earth shattering but:

"I think going into the season we all knew he could play at this level," Hawks coach Joel Quenneville said. "It was a matter of opportunity and getting ready to play for us. He's been ready to go, and he's been good every time he's been in the net. We like what he brings. We like his patience, composure and size in there."- From Cbs

Quenneville likes what he sees

EDIT: Just saw hes been confirmed as the starter today (early game- 4:00)- lets see what he can do- hes on a 2 game winning streak. CC for president!!!
    Last edited by Fighting_Emu; November 26, 2010 at 2:59 PM.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I've been paying a lot of attention to CC lately and contemplating whether to dump Ellis for him. Would this be a smart move?
    14 Team Dynasty League - 23 man roster, 25 man minors w/ custom cap, salaries & contracts
    Skaters: (Start: 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D) - G/A/Pt/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/STP/TOI
    Goalies: (Start 2) - W/GAA/SV/SV%
    C: Schiefele, Zacha, RyJo, Patrick
    LW: Guentzel, J.Robertson, Domi, Kempe
    RW: Puljujarvi, Gurianov, D.Strome, Duchene
    D: Ekblad, E.Karlsson, OEL, Morrissey, Jokiharju, Bear, Weber (LTIR)
    G: MAF, Price, Driedger, Bishop (LTIR)

Minors: (25 max)
    Skaters: Hayton, JAD, J.Boqvist, Dahlen, Bunting, Gusev, Damiani, Groulx, Poehling, Benson, Beaucage, Lind, Sprong,Stankoven, Ahcan, PO. Joseph, McIsaac Goalies: Wallstedt, UPL, Comrie, Ersson, S.Skinner, Skarek, Johansson

Dobber Sports Veteran

Yes in a limited keeper when you have solid goaltending by the end of the year you may find yourself keeping him over Mason. I would dump Ellis for in a heartbeat!!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Would you dump Ellis for Crawford in a one year league? My goalie situation has been rough with the start Brodeur has had... I'm relying on Rinne and Ellis. Rinne is doing okay. Ellis, not so much. And, it looks like Crawford may get close to the same number of starts as Ellis anyway.
    Yahoo! H2H League (1 Year) (10 Teams)
    Offensive Stats: G, A, P, +/-, PPP, PIM, HITS, SOG
    Goalie Stats: W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Roster: C,C,C,LW,LW,LW,RW,RW,RW,D,D,D,D,D,Util,G,G,BN(5),I R(2)

C: Backstrom, Bergeron, Stepan, Ribeiro, RNH, Stastny
    LW: Zetterberg (C/LW), Sharp (C/LW), Schenn (C/LW), Vanek (LW/RW)
    RW: Ovechkin (LW/RW), Backes (C/RW), Callahan, Versteeg (LW/RW)
    D: Byfuglien (D/RW), Phaneuf, Suter, Franson, Gudas
    G: Price, Bobrovsky, Allen
    IR: Elliott, Dubinsky (C/LW)

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by J_bluenote View Post
    Would you dump Ellis for Crawford in a one year league? My goalie situation has been rough with the start Brodeur has had... I'm relying on Rinne and Ellis. Rinne is doing okay. Ellis, not so much. And, it looks like Crawford may get close to the same number of starts as Ellis anyway.
    yeah, I might do that. I thought for sure Ellis would eventually get the starting job in Tampa, but it isn't looking that way. I don't fully expect Crawford to get the starting job in Chicago, but it is possible and at the very least he will get the same number of starts as Ellis, but playing for a better team. I don't see how you lose with that move.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98