Page 9 of 370 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 59 109 ... LastLast

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Souray to be bought out.

Dobber Sports Ninja

helenenothelen Helene Elliott
    Especially after Brule fiasco. Kings had intended to let Fraser compete for job, not buy him out. Neither can happen now

helenenothelen Helene Elliott
    Colin Fraser, player Kings acquiired in Ryan Smyth deal, has unhealed fracture/cyst and will need surgery 4 months projection. Kings angry
    Umm...why was the due diligence not done here - it was done with the Brule side of things.

Another thing in the Smyth drama - apparently Fraser has to undergo wrist surgery and will be out for 4 months and Tamby didn't tell Lombardi so the Kings are pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Umm...why was the due diligence not done here - it was done with the Brule side of things.
    Beat me to it!

Dobber Sports Ace

i dont know what u 2 are saying but damn im happy with tambi today. i think he addressed every weakness we had today. im not saying were going make the playoffs but we sure are stepping in the right direction. i think we needed to get tougher so we got.. eager, hordichuck, and sutton. we needed to win more draws and have a better pk so we got belanger.

i know a lot of ppl werent happy about barker but im thrilled about this guy. for me either he has a solid year and molds into what he was suppose to be or he plays the same way he has and becomes a 7th dman. either way i think its a good gamble for the oilers. were not in playoff mode yet so let a couple guys try out for those roles.

if not i think the oilers have done well enough in the draft for the past couple of years to fill those holes.

all i can say is im stoked on what has happened so far. good to see hallsy isnt gonna get laid out every night of the week
    10 Team Yahoo Semi Keeper H2H Daily lineups (Keep 5 Vets & 5 Rookies), Play 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G daily

C-Giroux, Matthews (R), Petterson, Barzal (R)
    LW-Rakell
    RW-Tarasenko, Aho (R), Boser (R)
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

G, A, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, +/-, GWG, SOG, Hits, Blocks, PIM
    Wins, Saves, Goals Against, Shutouts

Rookies Eligible till 170 GP

Cogliano to ANA for a 2nd... all the Oilers are headed there or so it seems. With cogs gone, new lineups could be interesting. My guesses:

Hall-RNH-Eberle
    Smyth-Horcoff-Hemsky
    Paajarvi-Gagner-Omark
    Eager-Belanger-Jones

Dobber Sports Ninja

I see Lander as a midseason callup once someone goes down to injury and once he gets called up I wonder if he'll never go back down again.

Everyone that sees him play can't stop raving about his work ethic, leadership, and skill. His skating has noticeably improved (which was a concern) and I have a feeling he's going to be a rare pleasant surprise for the Oilers in the near future.

I also think we might see Omark moved before the start of the season to make room for Hartakainen and perhaps gain some defense depth. He's ready and the defense on the Oilers is still in really rough shape.

I see Lander as a midseason callup once someone goes down to injury and once he gets called up I wonder if he'll never go back down again.

Everyone that sees him play can't stop raving about his work ethic, leadership, and skill. His skating has noticeably improved (which was a concern) and I have a feeling he's going to be a rare pleasant surprise for the Oilers in the near future.

I also think we might see Omark moved before the start of the season to make room for Hartakainen and perhaps gain some defense depth. He's ready and the defense on the Oilers is still in really rough shape.
    Agreed... some bodies still need to be shipped out. I definitely think Lander deserves a spot, but there's no room ATM.

Dobber Sports Ace

with you guys on this one 100%. ive read a few articles on oilersnation and i think that omark is gonna go sometime in mid season. you can only have so many skilled and undersized forwards. i think he could fetch a pretty decent return packaged with the right player. were starting to get a lot more prospects coming in who look like they will be pushing our guys for their spots. i love seeing that and its only gonna help this team slowly move out of the basement.
    10 Team Yahoo Semi Keeper H2H Daily lineups (Keep 5 Vets & 5 Rookies), Play 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G daily

LW-Rakell
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

Administrator

Seems to me that RNH is really going to have to earn his spot this season. It certainly doesn't hurt him to go back to junior. Yes he has little to prove there but I don't think it would stagnate his development. If Lander outplays RNH by a good amount he'll be here to start the season. That is of course if the Oilers are smart about all this.

Last year at camp they said the kids would need to earn their spots. They did so the environment of internal competition they are trying to create is working to some degree. I'd like to see them stick to the plan.

One thing you can't rule out with regard to Lander is his chemistry with Paajarvi. If those two go bananas together in the pre-season then Tambo's dreams will have come true and they'll push to keep Lander up.

What I'm really excited for is what this sort of internal competition might do to push guys like Omark and Gagner. I'm not so certain they have a future with the club and by making them battle we'll either bring out the best in them or realize we need to make a move. Either way we win. We either boost a player's trade value, realize we have a high quality player or figure out that we have a lemon. The key though is that all these players have a chance to earn a roster spot.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    That is of course if the Oilers are smart about all this.
    That's a big if! Haha.

Also, players did compete for roster spots last year, such as Paajarvi. However, I'd say Omark earned a roster spot during training camp last year and obviously didn't get it.

Dobber Sports Ace

im getting pumped for this season opener. me and my brother in law are gonna get tickets for the first game. you know smitty is gonna come out firing on all cylinders and probably pop in at least one greasy gino.

i would agree with you on that one dyz, omark earned a spot but we didnt see a fit for him on our team. i think things will be a lot different this year, but im still hoping they can package a couple of those guys for a dman, or why havent they at least offered a guy like hannan a contract. i know he is older and slow but i think he would make our back end a bit more tough

LW-Rakell
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

Dobber Sports Ace

http://oilersnation.com/2011/7/26/kh...d-to-the-joint

its going be interesting the next couple of days to see if the oilers decide to drop khabby. i believe they have an out in his contract because he got sentenced to jail. im hoping tambi and CO get on this and get rid of that horrendous contract. Im sure there is a decent backup we could acquire floating around out there or put danis behind duber and get a goalie or 2 for the farm team

LW-Rakell
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

Kings have filed a grievance over Fraser.

Dobber Sports Ace

im hoping to god this trade doesnt get reversed. that would be one of the sadder days in oilers history

LW-Rakell
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted: