Page 8 of 370 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Ace

i think jurco could be alrite, jenner would be good, i would consider rask, saad, rattie, grimaldi, musil. also there is 2 interesting goalies with both gibsons still there. all in all if we could get an extra pick in the top 100 i wouldnt mind seeing the oilers trade down. if i was the GM i would probably take boone jenner as he seems like the safe pick but i would like to see them gamble on grimaldi or jurco.

ive had a feeling though since a couple months ago that the oilers will stick to their bloodlines and take musil. i kind of hope this doesnt happen but if this smitty deal goes through i will put back all my faith in tambi
    10 Team Yahoo Semi Keeper H2H Daily lineups (Keep 5 Vets & 5 Rookies), Play 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G daily

C-Giroux, Matthews (R), Petterson, Barzal (R)
    LW-Rakell
    RW-Tarasenko, Aho (R), Boser (R)
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

G, A, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, +/-, GWG, SOG, Hits, Blocks, PIM
    Wins, Saves, Goals Against, Shutouts

Rookies Eligible till 170 GP

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by letnry View Post
    If they want Jenner, take him now....if not, then yeah, trade down.
    Bang on...

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Well we took Musil.

Damnit/

Perhonen now. Can't complain too much about that one though I wouldn't have minded Catenacci or Mayfield.

Dobber Sports Ace

the oilers sure like to stick their bloodlines, i think dillion simpson was a bit of a reach but i guess were getting into that part of the draft. these later rounds are really gonna create a legacy for stu, i sure hope he can develop a couple of steals in these rounds. we defiantly need some more depth back there
    10 Team Yahoo Semi Keeper H2H Daily lineups (Keep 5 Vets & 5 Rookies), Play 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G daily

LW-Rakell
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

Dobber Sports Pro

ooo late night missed most of todays action...
    No complaints from me regarding the 2nd day of the draft.
    I was kinda hoping they'd take a shot at John Gibson, but they got a pretty good young goalie in the 3rd. Can you really go wrong drafting Finnish goalies?(As i type this they take another Finnish goalie)

Musil is basically a 3rd 1st rounder, before his injury this year most had him pegged in the 1st but the time-off and the loads of high-end D prospects this year altered that....sorta.(31st is pretty close)

Bigger fan of the Travis Ewanyk pick. Saw him play a few games in Red Deer this year and he was very noticeable, especially in the playoffs. He scored very well at the combine as well. And what Oiler fan cant be excited at the idea of a face-off special-ist.

Getting the big Slovak Martin Gernat in the 5th could prove to be a steal down the road. I'm sure the success the Oilers had with another big Slovak Martin Marincin last year paved the way for this pick. I wont pretend to know anything about him other then he's big(6'6"), but a few mock drafts had him going in the 3rd round.

Lookin forward to a Smyth confirmation.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Ace

ya overall i think the oilers did a good job today, i was hoping they would take sproul or mayfield with that pick but i guess we will see what musil turns into. i think ur right doinions in martin gernat. i know nothing about him but he definatly seems like he could be a force back there. i also like the simpson pick. yes the bloodlines run thick in edm but the kid slipped a little in some mock drafts and i think he could turn into a pretty solid defender back there. im happy the oilers helped their back end a lot in this draft and i guess we will see what comes of this years draft. i really like klefbom though, i think it might be a bit premature but the way he plays really reminds me of edler

LW-Rakell
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

Saw a tweet the other day that the Oilers staff had Martin Gernat listed as the 35th player on their draft board.

That's gotta be a good sign, right?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Saw a tweet the other day that the Oilers staff had Martin Gernat listed as the 35th player on their draft board.

That's gotta be a good sign, right?
    He posted impressive numbers in Slovakia. Time will tell how much of that is due to lower competition and how much is due to his talent.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    He posted impressive numbers in Slovakia. Time will tell how much of that is due to lower competition and how much is due to his talent.
    As a 6th round pick I would have been happy if we took him on size alone. So to hear that makes me even happier about it.

Administrator

As a 6th round pick I would have been happy if we took him on size alone. So to hear that makes me even happier about it.
    http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=89280

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Thanks. Could turn out to be interesting. I see he was drafted 18th overall in the import draft as well.

Dobber Sports Ace

Thanks. Could turn out to be interesting. I see he was drafted 18th overall in the import draft as well.
    funny when i first saw they drafted him i was thinking of martin marincin in my head. a big lanky slovak dman that needs to put a bit of pounds on. but looking at his numbers in the slovakian u20 he seems alright. good to see that he got drafted by the oil kings as well so he should get a lot of exposure to the city and the scouts and coaching staff will be able to help him that much more

LW-Rakell
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

Dobber Sports Ninja

The Oil Kings were actually kicking the tires regarding drafting Klefbom, but in the end he wasn't going to come over so they dropped the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    The Oil Kings were actually kicking the tires regarding drafting Klefbom, but in the end he wasn't going to come over so they dropped the idea.
    Yep, no complaints here. Let him develop overseas.