Page 357 of 370 FirstFirst ... 257 307 347 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 367 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,355 of 5547

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

I liked Barrie as a true PP QB. His defense is bad but he does know how to run a PP. Is Bouchard ready to take it over? He should be the next option but maybe they go with Nurse? All you need to do out there (easier said than done) is either dish it off to McDavid or Drai and watch the magic happen.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Superstar

I am a disgruntled Barrie owner but they will regret that, he was murdering on that unit.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Feenom View Post
    I liked Barrie as a true PP QB. His defense is bad but he does know how to run a PP. Is Bouchard ready to take it over? He should be the next option but maybe they go with Nurse? All you need to do out there (easier said than done) is either dish it off to McDavid or Drai and watch the magic happen.
    I have some skepticism about Bouchard transition as smooth as Barrie into this role, but really McDavid, Draisaitl and Nuge are doing all the work so if Bouchard can't stay out of the way one of Ekholm, Nurse or Broberg will take the reigns and simplify. Gotta go grab Bouchard right now if he's available though because he gets 1st crack and is capable.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Administrator

Good little nugget here from PuckPedia:

PuckPedia
    @PuckPedia
    ·
    5m
    After the trade, #LetsGoOilers have $450K of Cap Space with 21 players on Active Roster.

This includes Shore ($850K), so they could potentially add $1.3M in cap hit if Shore was sent down

Just enough room to go get a cheap right-shot faceoff ace. Not that there's one available.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Good little nugget here from PuckPedia:

PuckPedia
    @PuckPedia
    ·
    5m
    After the trade, #LetsGoOilers have $450K of Cap Space with 21 players on Active Roster.

This includes Shore ($850K), so they could potentially add $1.3M in cap hit if Shore was sent down

Just enough room to go get a cheap right-shot faceoff ace. Not that there's one available.
    Hello Nick Bjugstad and his $900k salary!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Hello Nick Bjugstad and his $900k salary!
    Shame he's only a 47% guy on the season, but I wonder how he does just on his strong side?

Dobber Sports Sage

Also a 67% D zone start guy...

Look at past years when he's not pinned in his own zone the entire time.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Shame he's only a 47% guy on the season, but I wonder how he does just on his strong side?
    He's got to be better than Derek Ryan. I haven't looked but he's got to be better.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    He's got to be better than Derek Ryan. I haven't looked but he's got to be better.
    Ryan is at 50.6% on the year, 55% for his career and has NEVER been below 50% in any season. I feel like he mostly only gets draws on his strong side though.

Dobber Sports Deity

Good game last night. Oilers really skated well and if not for Samsonov making some quality saves, that could have been a blowout. Highlight of the night was easily Nuge laying pipe to Justin Holl. Not often you see the guy who wrote The Diary of a Wimpy Kid dropping the mitts and then proceeding to win a fight, but we saw it last night.

USATSI_20121216.jpg

Dobber Sports Star

Ekholm looked real good last night, Bouchard will benefit as his dpartner and has looked better already.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Love the Bjugstad add, 50% of salary is $450,000 and on trade deadline like $125k in cap hit.
    Ekholm and Bjugstad, for Barrie and Puljujärvi

I am happy with those moves. Can't see the Oilers making another significant move due to both lack of cap space and assets.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Administrator

Bjugstad's a depth body, which they needed after moving out Puljujarvi. Not necessarily the guy I'd have wanted but the Leafs took Acciari who was the only RHC available who is positive in the faceoff circle so he's 2nd best. Haven't paid attention to Bjugstad this year but the charts show he's got good defensive impacts on a bad team. Kind of scared that he was a scratch for the Wild in last year's playoffs though. If he winds up being this year's Brassard, well that's a wasted pick, but with where they are at in their franchise cycle spending mid-rounders on rentals is what they are supposed to do. Not sure there was a rental forward they could afford where I'd be jumping for joy about them grabbing by this point.

Administrator

I also wonder if Lavoie becomes an option for a call up at some point. Dude has been on fire the past few months with 16 goals and 26 points in his last 28 games in the AHL.

Dobber Sports Deity

I feel bad for Campbell. He seems like such a likeable guy and looks like a solid teammate but man he's struggling to stop that puck and it's been that way most of the year. He makes some amazing saves but let's in the worst goals. He just seems to small in the net that deflections that hit some goalies get past him. It's just painful to watch.

I wish they'd just send him down to the AHL through waivers and recall one of Pickard or Rodrigue to back up Stu and try and get his game back. I know they won't, but I wish they would.