Page 332 of 370 FirstFirst ... 232 282 322 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 342 ... LastLast
Results 4,966 to 4,980 of 5547

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

For those Oilers fans on Twitter, check out the thread by Weebo (@OilersPain) on the last decade of Ken Holland as an NHL GM. It's very entertaining, unless you are a fan of the Red Wings or Oilers.

Here are some highlights:

Signed Stephen Weiss - 5 years $24.5M (bought out after 2 years and 11 goals)
    Signed Jonathan Ericsson - 6 years $25.5M (finished contract in AHL)

Signed 35 year old Brad Richards - $4m (28 points in 68 games)
    Signed Mike Green - 3 years $18M
    Signed Justin Abdelkader - 7 years $29.75M (contract later bought out by Yzerman)
    Signed Dan Cleary - 1 way $950,000 (zero NHL games played)
    Traded rights to Mattias Janmark + 2nd round pick (Roope Hintz) for 11 games from Erik Cole

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Hey EDM fans, why is this team interested in Evander Kane? The guy is pure toxic.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend of Hockeytown View Post
    Hey EDM fans, why is this team interested in Evander Kane? The guy is pure toxic.
    Why do you think they're interested in him? Probably for the same reason a lot of other teams are interested in him. His on ice performance makes him desirable.
    Personally I hope he signs elsewhere but I can bet you Holland has approached the leadership group and asked their thoughts. He's been known to do that here in Edmonton before making significant moves.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Of course Holland is interested in signing Kane. Kane twice scored 30 goals in the NHL. The other reason is because Holland has no clue what he's doing and hasn't had a clue in over a decade. As a member of the Old Boys Club, the only thing that matters to Ken Holland is historical on-ice performance. Tippett would also be pushing for Kane to be added since Kane is over 30 years old which means Tippett can "trust" him on the ice. This would be another excuse to not give the "young" guys the increased ice time they deserve.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Why do you think they're interested in him? Probably for the same reason a lot of other teams are interested in him. His on ice performance makes him desirable.
    Personally I hope he signs elsewhere but I can bet you Holland has approached the leadership group and asked their thoughts. He's been known to do that here in Edmonton before making significant moves.
    I get it from that angle, but I am saying Kane has shown / proven to be a cancer, why would you want that around your room?? So he can play some hockey, is what he can do on the ice more significant than the damage he can cause in the room off the ice, which would hurt the overall team on-ice performance? Makes no sense.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I get it from that angle, but I am saying Kane has shown / proven to be a cancer, why would you want that around your room?? So he can play some hockey, is what he can do on the ice more significant than the damage he can cause in the room off the ice, which would hurt the overall team on-ice performance? Makes no sense.
    Remember when he first when to San Jose and everything was working well? They are likely to get a honeymoon period, where Kane shows a very nice face to woo his new interest into getting along term deal. Follow the money, especially if there are pushups involved.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I kind of hope they do end up signing Kane. The way this season is going, it's likely worth a shot. Yeah, there is a risk of ruining the locker room with Kane's obvious toxicity, but there should be a little honeymoon period that might push Edmonton to break out of their malaise. Still need to address that goaltending situation, but one thing at a time I guess.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Deity

Im not saying I like it, I am just offering up an opinion on why they would be interested in him, along with a few other teams if you believe the reports.

As I say, Holland has been known to reach out to his leadership group on the team for their opinions. He apparently did it before the Duncan Keith trade as well. Maybe he needs to stop listening to his leadership group LOL!

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

I think Kane will help for sure and would be a good short signing. Still doesn't help their immediate needs, which is goaltending but if you can get him on the cheap why not?
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Veteran

Stalock is making his way back, who knows, maybe he'll be their answer to goaltending...

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    I think Kane will help for sure and would be a good short signing. Still doesn't help their immediate needs, which is goaltending but if you can get him on the cheap why not?
    They have just as much of a need for secondary scoring past 97 and 29 as they need goaltending. Both are issues and to say one is more important than the other is hard to do.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I kind of hope they do end up signing Kane. The way this season is going, it's likely worth a shot. Yeah, there is a risk of ruining the locker room with Kane's obvious toxicity, but there should be a little honeymoon period that might push Edmonton to break out of their malaise. Still need to address that goaltending situation, but one thing at a time I guess.
    I agree with this.

The guys in the dressing room can put on their big boy pants and just let a little BS slide.

These are grown men. This is a job. A damn good job paying millions of dollars a year.

We all work with a few a**holes. Its not that hard to do.

It should not be a deal breaker.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    I agree with this.

The guys in the dressing room can put on their big boy pants and just let a little BS slide.

These are grown men. This is a job. A damn good job paying millions of dollars a year.

We all work with a few a**holes. Its not that hard to do.

It should not be a deal breaker.
    I'd like to think that Kane realizes that he is running out of NHL opportunities.

Dobber Sports Icon

Does no one think that the fact that TWO Oilers have not played a game this season due to complications from Covid and the fact that Kane lied about his Covid status at least twice, might create a bit of a dressing room problem?

This is not even taking into account that Kane is alleged to have assaulted at least 5 different women and that he's been suspended by 3 of his previous NHL teams.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Does no one think that the fact that TWO Oilers have not played a game this season due to complications from Covid and the fact that Kane lied about his Covid status at least twice, might create a bit of a dressing room problem?

This is not even taking into account that Kane is alleged to have assaulted at least 5 different women and that he's been suspended by 3 of his previous NHL teams.
    The team was ok with acquiring Keith while the Blackhawks investigation was on-going and didn't really address it a whole lot once the news broke that Keith declined to comment on the record with the law firm because "he didn't know anything about the allegation previously, he didn't believe he had anything to contribute". But then came out saying "I know there was talk that players knew and maybe some guys didn't, but not everyone knew...".

He also was acquired before they knew he would get the vaccine, and "came into camp" unvaccinated and questioning the while Stalock was still not even on the ice yet. He said he was "frustrated he had to get the vaccine". So it wasn't like he was lazy and just got it late, he didn't want to take it but wanted to play hockey more.

The team has already employed a polarizing player.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll