Page 327 of 370 FirstFirst ... 227 277 317 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 337 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,905 of 5547

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Hilarious synchronicity awesomeness:

"For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Star

The Oilers are simply coming back down to reality. Their good start was the anomaly here. A 45 percent powerplay is not sustainable. It also has crazy ramifications. You can see it in the refs calls. They start not calling things that are pretty obvious calls because a penalty can bury your team when the Oilers score like that. Koskinen is a big guy who covers the net well, but doesn't move or react well. All you have to do to score on him is shoot it where he isn't. His glove isn't going to catch it unless you shoot directly into it. Draisaitl has an amazing shot and passes really well, but he doesn't skate well. He tries to take on too much. He tries to puckhandle past everyone like he is McDavid, and he fails. McDavid is getting tired. He can't do it all himself, but he is trying.

We can't start a game decently for whatever reason. We make bonehead plays and get burnt constantly. We get outplayed often. We have little depth.

We need something. Right now, I will be happy if we make the playoffs. Getting to the second round would be nice.

During the hot run, so many people were saying "Best in the league" and "Cup contenders". I didn't see it. The Oilers have 3 or 4 super solid pieces, but in my opinion, aren't close to Cup Contenders.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    The Oilers are simply coming back down to reality. Their good start was the anomaly here. A 45 percent powerplay is not sustainable. It also has crazy ramifications. You can see it in the refs calls. They start not calling things that are pretty obvious calls because a penalty can bury your team when the Oilers score like that. Koskinen is a big guy who covers the net well, but doesn't move or react well. All you have to do to score on him is shoot it where he isn't. His glove isn't going to catch it unless you shoot directly into it. Draisaitl has an amazing shot and passes really well, but he doesn't skate well. He tries to take on too much. He tries to puckhandle past everyone like he is McDavid, and he fails. McDavid is getting tired. He can't do it all himself, but he is trying.

We can't start a game decently for whatever reason. We make bonehead plays and get burnt constantly. We get outplayed often. We have little depth.

We need something. Right now, I will be happy if we make the playoffs. Getting to the second round would be nice.

During the hot run, so many people were saying "Best in the league" and "Cup contenders". I didn't see it. The Oilers have 3 or 4 super solid pieces, but in my opinion, aren't close to Cup Contenders.

Rylant
    The injuries to their left D is still hurting them. Other than Nurse, they're running AHL Dmen out there on the left. At one point, Kris Russell was their best Dman. Think about that for a minute LOL.

They'll be fine. Peaks and valleys, hot and cold streaks. The Flames have lost 4 in a row and you don't hear anyone talking about them. People just need to relax. Lots of hockey left. I'm not sure who's more dramatic, Oilers fans or Oilers haters.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    The injuries to their left D is still hurting them. Other than Nurse, they're running AHL Dmen out there on the left. At one point, Kris Russell was their best Dman. Think about that for a minute LOL.

They'll be fine. Peaks and valleys, hot and cold streaks. The Flames have lost 4 in a row and you don't hear anyone talking about them. People just need to relax. Lots of hockey left. I'm not sure who's more dramatic, Oilers fans or Oilers haters.
    I am relaxed and I am not being dramatic at all. I am a person who has watched every Oilers game so far this year and was just providing an honest opinion of the situation. I don't think the Oilers are as bad as many of the haters claim, nor are they as good as the band wagonners who had proclaimed them like the second coming of Gretzky during their hot streak. And yes, of course they will be fine. I still have to call it like I see it.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Deity

I am relaxed and I am not being dramatic at all. I am a person who has watched every Oilers game so far this year and was just providing an honest opinion of the situation. I don't think the Oilers are as bad as many of the haters claim, nor are they as good as the band wagonners who had proclaimed them like the second coming of Gretzky during their hot streak. And yes, of course they will be fine. I still have to call it like I see it.

Rylant
    I am not disagreeing with most of your assessment. I just find it funny listening to Oilers fans (and haters) thinking the world is about to end because they've lost five in a row. I am not referring to you directly but more of a general comment from my viewing and reading online, be it here, twitter, The Athletic and other websites. I mean, there's even stories out there about whether the Oilers should consider a coaching change. I mean, seriously? Come on man.

As I said, peaks and valleys. They just need to get healthy again. I am not too worried about this valley right now. After 26 games, the Oilers are 16-10. Safe to say at the start of the season, if you had asked anyone if you'd be happy with that start most would have said hell yes. Today, people are calling for changes because of a skid. Funny how these things go. I'd rather this skid happen now rather than in May.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

I am not disagreeing with most of your assessment. I just find it funny listening to Oilers fans (and haters) thinking the world is about to end because they've lost five in a row. I am not referring to you directly but more of a general comment from my viewing and reading online, be it here, twitter, The Athletic and other websites. I mean, there's even stories out there about whether the Oilers should consider a coaching change. I mean, seriously? Come on man.

As I said, peaks and valleys. They just need to get healthy again. I am not too worried about this valley right now. After 26 games, the Oilers are 16-10. Safe to say at the start of the season, if you had asked anyone if you'd be happy with that start most would have said hell yes. Today, people are calling for changes because of a skid. Funny how these things go. I'd rather this skid happen now rather than in May.
    Yep Oiler 'fans' are the worst. Most would rather see the team fail just to feel satisfied that their doom predictions come to fruition. I can't converse with most other local Oiler fans because of the negativity and ridiculous comments.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    Yep Oiler 'fans' are the worst. Most would rather see the team fail just to feel satisfied that their doom predictions come to fruition. I can't converse with most other local Oiler fans because of the negativity and ridiculous comments.
    Paging Canadiens fans....
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Icon

I'm pretty sure that their "AHL" left D are actually better than their NHL left D. If you think that getting Duncan Keith and Slater Koekkoek back into the lineup is the solution for the Oilers, then I am not sure what to tell you.

The Oilers may start winning again but it will not be because of getting those players back, it will be because Connor McDavid decides he does not want to lose anymore. This team still needs a new coach, a new GM, and a new chairman. (it also needs a new owner but that's not something that can be changed overnight)

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    I'm pretty sure that their "AHL" left D are actually better than their NHL left D. If you think that getting Duncan Keith and Slater Koekkoek back into the lineup is the solution for the Oilers, then I am not sure what to tell you.

The Oilers may start winning again but it will not be because of getting those players back, it will be because Connor McDavid decides he does not want to lose anymore. This team still needs a new coach, a new GM, and a new chairman. (it also needs a new owner but that's not something that can be changed overnight)

Dobber Sports Icon

Here's an article that may show you why I think the Oilers need a new coach and a new GM.

https://nhl.nbcsports.com/2021/12/13...est-and-worst/

From the article, here are the 10 worst teams in the NHL for goals for percentage when neither of their 2 highest paid forwards are on the ice.

Screenshot 2021-12-13 234146.jpg

Dobber Sports Star

Another fan tossed an Oiler's jersey on the ice near the end of the Oiler's 6th loss in a row against the Leafs last night.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Deity

Another fan tossed an Oiler's jersey on the ice near the end of the Oiler's 6th loss in a row against the Leafs last night.

Rylant
    Expensive night for that fan. Thanks for coming out.

Dobber Sports Pro

Hopefully the Oilers don't run into a 4th straight goalie stonewalling them. The puck luck has to turn a little bit tonight, right......RIGHT??

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    Hopefully the Oilers don't run into a 4th straight goalie stonewalling them. The puck luck has to turn a little bit tonight, right......RIGHT??
    Is Mike Smith due back tonight? I havent heard anything official yet. The last I heard was he was "questionable".

Dobber Sports Icon

Ryan Rishaug is reporting that Smith is not quite ready to return. He's also thinking that Skinner may start tonight.

UPDATE: Skinner gets the start tonight.
    Last edited by chuckcouples; December 16, 2021 at 3:21 PM. Reason: New Info