Page 321 of 370 FirstFirst ... 221 271 311 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 331 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,815 of 5547

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Has Jesse Puljujarvi played well or has he just been playing with his stick down on McDavid's wing?
    Best trade Kenny Holland never made.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

still early, but so far so good. I'm loving the way the team is playing and the chemistry Puljujarvi is continuing to have with McDavid. Hopefully it all continues!
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Evan Bouchard making leaps and bounds in his play this year. Barrie is tripping over his own d!ck.
    Bouchard and Barrie are playing pretty much exactly the same way as they did last season. It's just that Tippett no longer has any other dmen who can play on the right side so Bouchard needs to play. The Oilers lost their 2 best right shot dmen this off-season and replaced them with Cody Ceci. That's the only reason why Bouchard is on the first line. I am just surprised that Tippett was able to realize it this quickly and make the change already.

Puljujarvi was great when he played with McDavid 3 and 4 years ago. They just never got the goal results so the coaching staff changed the lines. He was solid on the top line back then but is now becoming even better. He's growing into his body and understands his role on the line much better now. That line is the best line in hockey by a long, long ways right now.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Bouchard and Barrie are playing pretty much exactly the same way as they did last season. It's just that Tippett no longer has any other dmen who can play on the right side so Bouchard needs to play. The Oilers lost their 2 best right shot dmen this off-season and replaced them with Cody Ceci. That's the only reason why Bouchard is on the first line. I am just surprised that Tippett was able to realize it this quickly and make the change already.

Puljujarvi was great when he played with McDavid 3 and 4 years ago. They just never got the goal results so the coaching staff changed the lines. He was solid on the top line back then but is now becoming even better. He's growing into his body and understands his role on the line much better now. That line is the best line in hockey by a long, long ways right now.
    I disagree with you about Bouchard and Barrie. Barrie wasn't great defensively last year but this year he's way worse so far. Bouchard barely played in any games last year and when he did get in, he was sheltered heavily. This year he's playing a much more significant role. He's the first D used for the PK and his defensive game has blossomed other than just being known for the Bouch Bomb. Way more important player this season.

What's also interesting is seeing Ceci and Keith play well so far. I still dislike both players but I can't really complain about their games.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

I only watched the first period of the game last night (damn west coast games) but man, Arizona is a bad team LOL! Following up the stats this morning, Nurse with another huge game. He' got at least 8 hits in 3 of the 4 games played so far. Just punishing the opposition. Nice to more secondary scoring last night too. Hyman with a SHG AND the GWG to boot!

The Great One

McDavid is has gone supernova...if he doesn't score 3 pts in a game, he's had a bad game. Unreal. He seriously makes it unfair in some fantasy hockey leagues (like my H2H, points-only league in which we only start 3 forwards each week).
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    McDavid is has gone supernova...if he doesn't score 3 pts in a game, he's had a bad game. Unreal. He seriously makes it unfair in some fantasy hockey leagues (like my H2H, points-only league in which we only start 3 forwards each week).
    I read this morning that after four games, he's on pace for 225 points this season LOL!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I read this morning that after four games, he's on pace for 225 points this season LOL!!

The Wolverine

6 goals on 14 shots - it can't last!

Dobber Sports Icon

In other Oilers news, wtf is going on with Yamamoto?

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    In other Oilers news, wtf is going on with Yamamoto?
    Yamo is struggling clearly.
    Tippet has been juggling the forward lines to try to get him going. Last night the Drai, RNH, Yamo line was reunited but was relatively quiet. We'll see if that line continues again tonight, probably will because McDavid is content to win games by himself, lol. Obviously the oiler coaching staff want to try to let Yama to play through his issues to get back on track and as long the wins keep coming they have that luxury.

The Great One

I really hope Drais - RNH - Yamo stick together.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    6 goals on 14 shots - it can't last!
    Or can it????

LOL!

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    Yamo is struggling clearly.
    Tippet has been juggling the forward lines to try to get him going. Last night the Drai, RNH, Yamo line was reunited but was relatively quiet. We'll see if that line continues again tonight, probably will because McDavid is content to win games by himself, lol. Obviously the oiler coaching staff want to try to let Yama to play through his issues to get back on track and as long the wins keep coming they have that luxury.
    he just seems like such a performance "yo yo" guy - if he gets confident he'll go on a run, leading to production like that magical season a couple of years ago, but more often than not his confidence is shot and he puts up putrid numbers game after game. yuk

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    he just seems like such a performance "yo yo" guy - if he gets confident he'll go on a run, leading to production like that magical season a couple of years ago, but more often than not his confidence is shot and he puts up putrid numbers game after game. yuk
    To be fair, he's been excellent on the PK. While the offense isn't there right now, the defensive side of his game has come along nicely. Doesn't help fantasy owners but it's helping the Oilers.

Dobber Sports Icon

To be fair, he's been excellent on the PK. While the offense isn't there right now, the defensive side of his game has come along nicely. Doesn't help fantasy owners but it's helping the Oilers.
    yeah totally, he's a solid player for them in that regard, but we fantasy owners couldn't care less!