Page 312 of 370 FirstFirst ... 212 262 302 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 322 362 ... LastLast
Results 4,666 to 4,680 of 5547

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Everything I'm hearing is Klefbom is retiring. Anybody hearing anything different?
    Im hearing different. Not sure where you're hearing this from.

Last I heard/read, nothing would be defined until the fall.

Where are you hearing Klefbom is retiring?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post

StirThePot.com????
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Well Friedman said on the 31 Thoughts podcast Monday that he was done and Edmonton was hoping to change his mind, unless I heard incorrectly.

Dobber Sports Icon

My guess is that we get an announcement on Klefbom's rehab progress after the expansion draft is done. There is no reason that the Oilers or Klefbom wants the rest of the league to know his recovery status until he does not get picked in the expansion draft. It gives the Oilers an extra protection spot if teams don't know that he is recovering well and will be good to go at the start of next season.

As for the Oilers signing Luke Glendening...he was on the ice for 21 PP goals against last season which was 2nd most in the NHL. Outside of faceoffs (which have no discernible impact on a game of hockey), what exactly does Glendening do well? Just being a right hand shot center is not useful. I'd much rather have Gaetan Haas than Glendening.

Administrator

Well Friedman said on the 31 Thoughts podcast Monday that he was done and Edmonton was hoping to change his mind, unless I heard incorrectly.
    Friedge has been pretty consistent on this that it will remain to be seen when he is re-evaluated at some point this off-season, I didn't hear differently on the most recent episode. But retirement has definitely been a consideration for Klefbom since last summer.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    As for the Oilers signing Luke Glendening...he was on the ice for 21 PP goals against last season which was 2nd most in the NHL. Outside of faceoffs (which have no discernible impact on a game of hockey), what exactly does Glendening do well? Just being a right hand shot center is not useful. I'd much rather have Gaetan Haas than Glendening.
    Definitely agree here. Just tossing my fears out there. I'm hoping for Derek Ryan (as I was at the deadline) as a depth centerman who wins faceoffs at a good clip and actually tilts the ice and offers offense.

May 28 Episode - 31 Lies @ 42:00

"I thought Ken Holland's answer on Klefbom was interesting, and he said basically he's the big unknown and we won't know until July, I think what it sounds like is they're not expecting Klefbom to come back but they're giving him time to hope he changes his mind"

Administrator

"I thought Ken Holland's answer on Klefbom was interesting, and he said basically he's the big unknown and we won't know until July, I think what it sounds like is they're not expecting Klefbom to come back but they're giving him time to hope he changes his mind"
    Yeah, that's pretty consistently been the drum line. Won't know until the summer.

Dobber Sports Deity

Well considering his injury, retirement has always been a topic for discussion and certainly a possibility because no one seems to know what is going to happen, including Ken Holland. At least no one is showing any cards. That doesn't mean it's any closer to happening than it is closer for him returning.

Here's what we DO know. Back at the end of March, he had successful shoulder surgery and at that point, rehabbing his shoulder was going to begin. At the end of April he was in Edmonton to meet with team Doctors/training staff and he had a media briefing where he said:

"I feel pretty good," he said. "It's going to take some time and obviously there's pain because of the surgery but just overall, I'm happy. I have a long way to go with the recovery. I wish I had more answers but we'll just wait and see," Klefbom said. "It's a big, serious surgery and we got to give it some time. For me to say I'll be ready in October or November or whatever, is impossible. We're just going to give it some time."
    I believe that was the last update available for Klefbom so I am not sure where you're getting the idea that he's close to retirement. All indications show, and he has even said himself, that his intention is to return to playing in the NHL. Whether that's in Edmonton, or it could even be in Seattle for all we know at this point, is still totally up in the air.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Well considering his injury, retirement has always been a topic for discussion and certainly a possibility because no one seems to know what is going to happen, including Ken Holland. At least no one is showing any cards. That doesn't mean it's any closer to happening than it is closer for him returning.

Here's what we DO know. Back at the end of March, he had successful shoulder surgery and at that point, rehabbing his shoulder was going to begin. At the end of April he was in Edmonton to meet with team Doctors/training staff and he had a media briefing where he said:

I believe that was the last update available for Klefbom so I am not sure where you're getting the idea that he's close to retirement. All indications show, and he has even said himself, that his intention is to return to playing in the NHL. Whether that's in Edmonton, or it could even be in Seattle for all we know at this point, is still totally up in the air.
    So your update was end of March, and below this is a new update as of May 28. Maybe Elliotte is speaking out of turn. Maybe Elliotte is speculating with no insider information. However I would point out that Elliotte rarely does that, and is constantly cognizant of not getting "radio'd". However to directly answer your question, the bolded part that is now on record from one of the most knowledgeable and respected hockey insiders on that planet would be where I am getting the idea that he is close to retirement.

FWIW, I hope Klefbom doesn't retire. He's a good player and he's only 28 years old. But to frame this sentence from Elliotte Friedman of all people as nothing and not some kind of update is wild to me.

Dobber Sports Deity

I think the unbolded part of that quote says just as much as the bolded part. We wont know until July at best and it's never been a doubt that he might not come back. I am not discounting what Friedman is saying, Im just saying this is nothing new for news. We already knew all this.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I guess it's happening.

Frank Seravalli
    @frank_seravalli
    ·
    5m
    Pending trade call, sounds like #Hawks Duncan Keith will indeed be heading to #Oilers in exchange for D Caleb Jones and a mid-round pick (3rd or 4th round).

Final details still being ironed out.
    @DFOHockey

Dobber Sports Star

im surprised chicago got ANYTHING for a washed duncan keith

does caleb jones have any value? if not then it is what it is i guess.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Icon

Can the Oilers fire Ken Holland or is it already too late?

How do you give up TWO ASSETS for a 38 year old who was one of the worst dmen in the NHL the past two seasons who has a salary cap of over $5M for the next two seasons? The deal should have been Keith PLUS TWO Assets to Edmonton for future considerations (ie nothing!).