Page 301 of 370 FirstFirst ... 201 251 291 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 311 351 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,515 of 5548

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Administrator

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I keep expecting every game to be the one where he completely implodes and goes on a horrendous streak of bad play. It has to come at some point, but I am enjoying the ride so far.

I don't see this team doing anything in the playoffs this year though. They get outplayed by the top teams regularly,
    I thought it was going to happen in the Leaf game on the weekend when he slammed hard into the post coming across to stop that one-timer on the rush. That was overly explosive and looked like it could lead to the minor injury that sends things off the rails.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    So what you're saying is he is going to get injured in the Stanley Cup Final against the Hurricanes by Ethan Bear and I'm about to have my dreams crushed in a Game 7 let down again?
    I'd hate to lose in game 7 of the Cup finals again due to an injury, but would love to get back to the finals.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

According to Left Wing Lock, Haas was centering the 2nd PP unit in practice. Is that normal (for the Oilers, I mean...).

Administrator

PP2 is a nothing unit for the Oilers, you almost never see them. The Oilers mostly keep McDavid/Draisaitl/Nuge out for the full 2 minutes, and simply rotate the D (Barrie then Nurse) and net-front (Chiasson/Puljujarvi/Yamamoto/Neal).

Administrator

Anyone else hearing Derek Ryan's name tossed around as a potential right shot 3C for Edmonton? Here's an option I can actually get behind.

Ryan has consistently won the shot, goal and xG battle at 5-on-5, while boasting a legitimate amount of scoring in the 1.5-1.8 P/60 range which would be high end for a third liner. He can play on the PK and do a reasonable job and wins a little over half of his faceoffs, which is apparently of dire importance.

Sign me up for stealing this guy from the division rival if it can be done at reasonable cost.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Anyone else hearing Derek Ryan's name tossed around as a potential right shot 3C for Edmonton? Here's an option I can actually get behind.

Ryan has consistently won the shot, goal and xG battle at 5-on-5, while boasting a legitimate amount of scoring in the 1.5-1.8 P/60 range which would be high end for a third liner. He can play on the PK and do a reasonable job and wins a little over half of his faceoffs, which is apparently of dire importance.

Sign me up for stealing this guy from the division rival if it can be done at reasonable cost.
    He was one of three I was hearing for their 3rd line option, along with Sutter and Glendening.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

How much cap space does the Oil have??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    How much cap space does the Oil have??
    Calculating it with LTIR taken into effect, about $360k.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Calculating it with LTIR taken into effect, about $360k.
    Wow, that little?? And is it rumored that the Nuge wants a raise??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Wow, that little?? And is it rumored that the Nuge wants a raise??
    That's a future issue. Lots of money coming off the books this summer.

Administrator

Klefbom hitting LTIR meant they couldn't bank space all year, and they spent his cap relief on Tyson Barrie. They've been dollar in/dollar out all year, which is probably fine since they don't have much draft capital to spend, anyhow. Would love it if they could get in on Palmieri though!

Dobber Sports Deity

Tough OT loss last night. Not sure what the Habs are doing to McDavid but he's been invisible against them so far this year. Nuge too. Draisaitl is better but not doing much himself.

A few things I noticed watching the game last night.

First off the bad: Jones and Bear were just not good last night. Every time they were on the ice, it seemed like Anderson's line was out there and the D pairing got dominated. Anderson and Perry made them look silly in their own end. The 3rd (or is it the 4th line) of Haas, Archibald and Kassian got dummied too. I want to say they were invisible but that was only when it came to generating offense. They got outshot when they were on the ice something silly. I dont think that line had a shot on net the whole night but they were certainly giving up the shots while they were out there. The top line of McDavid, RNH and JP was pretty much invisible as well and McDavid was out there what seemed to be all night long. He played 90% of that OT and mustered one shot on goal all night long. Ugh!

The good: The 4th line (or is it the 3rd) of Khaira (have you noticed that hey always have to say his first name when they talk about him on tv), Shore (man I've really liked what he's brought this year) and Chiasson were really on the puck tonight. Solid game from that line. Mike Smith played another sound game and really held them into the game in the 1st period while the Habs outplayed the Oilers. Darnell Nurse finally getting a PP goal.

The other thing I noticed was once again the refs were sketchy as hell. Danault with a clear hold/tackle/slewfoot on Draisaitl right behind the net got missed somehow. Even the trip they gave Toffoli while Montreal was on the PP in the 3rd was sketchy. Was it a trip, probably, but it was questionable considering all the other terrible calls they missed earlier. I just dont get it.

Dobber Sports Deity

Here's a question for the Oiler fans out there. If Kevyn Adams called Ken Holland today, and offered Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson, do you do that trade? Yes, their salaries are different, but lets say for argument sake, Buffalo retains a part of the salary to make it cap in for cap out (yes I know when Hall got dealt he was making $6M and Larsson was still on the same contract of $4.16M).

Would you make that trade today?

Dobber Sports Titan

I was thinking about this the other day. Who has won the Hall/Larsson deal overall?

Larsson has been a mainstay on the blueline for Edmonton, but Hall could have been the missing piece to McDavid.

It's a good debate right now, I dunno what one I'd say would be better. In a video game I'd def do it to just ride McDavid, Hall, Draisaitl, but in real life...Larsson is def better than other options on the Oilers.

If you believe in Point Shares:
    Larsson - 14.2 since the deal
    Hall - 27 since the deal

PS over the last 3 yrs:
    Larsson - 5.2
    Hall - 8.9

Larsson is having the better yr (obviously), but Hall is the better talent. Depends how confident the Oilers are in fililng the Larsson defensive void. I think Hall for Larsson, Hall wins, but this is too much about replacing the void left by Larsson more than the deal itself.

Fans would love to see the offensive plays though.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont think many want to admit it, but right now, Larsson is probably more important to this team. That being said, they have never really replaced what Hall offered since they dealt him and are still looking. I can see an argument for both sides. Thtas something most wouldnt have thought a year or two ago.