Page 283 of 370 FirstFirst ... 183 233 273 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 293 333 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,245 of 5545

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Not a fan of Benning at all. They should be able to fill that hole easily enough in my opinion.

AA ... I don't know. So frustrating. Part of me thinks moving on is best if they don't think he's going to work out. Part of me wonders if this is going to be one of those situations the team looks back on and regrets. I don't have a crystal ball so who knows.

Holloway was an interesting pick. I've been wrong more often than right with some of these picks the past few years (defintiely wanted Bennett over Draisaitl - oops!) so I'll certainly wait to see how he pans out.

Dobber Sports Deity

I think everyone who follows the Oilers to any extent knew full well they were taking Holloway, short of something weird happening like some of the projected top 10 guys slipping to them. It wasn't a surprise to me at all. He looks like a highly skilled guy with size. I didnt have an issue with the pick. He will spend a couple more years in college I'd say then see if they can get him to sign a year before his 4th year in school. We'll see.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

I was super excited for Athanasiou to be in Edmonton. I had visions of his speed and work-ethic meshing really well with McDavid. I would have liked to see the Oilers hold onto him a bit longer, but no one predicted the flat cap when they acquired him and I can't blame them for not risking it given his QO. Perhaps he re-signs for less than his QO if other teams don't show any interest. I can't blame AA for not taking less than his QO before knowing what the market will offer him.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Pro

I don't know what kind of shot AA had in Edmonton, but he's an adventure defensively and not a young player anymore, and he's played his way off two teams now.

I said before I really like Holloway in Edmonton. I think he'll complement the top 6 very well. He seems more like a Flames-type player but we can't have everyone.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Big day for Holland today. Signed Puljujarvi, and so far the draft today has me excited.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I was super excited for Athanasiou to be in Edmonton. I had visions of his speed and work-ethic meshing really well with McDavid. I would have liked to see the Oilers hold onto him a bit longer, but no one predicted the flat cap when they acquired him and I can't blame them for not risking it given his QO. Perhaps he re-signs for less than his QO if other teams don't show any interest. I can't blame AA for not taking less than his QO before knowing what the market will offer him.
    I felt the same when Athanasiou came to Edmonton. It will be interesting to see where AA signs for the coming season.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Padawan

This kind of cool.

You be the Oiler boss Google survey.

https://www.melfortjournal.com/sport..._autoplay=true

Dobber Sports Ninja

A decent quick take on how Raphael Lavoie is doing early into his pro career playing top line minutes in the Allsvenskan (Swedish second division).

https://edmontonjournal.com/sports/h...over-in-sweden
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Deity

RIP Muck!

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    RIP Muck!
    Indeed....the people prominent or associated with the Oiler glory days are getting long in the tooth. We will be seeing more and more passing's as time marches on

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/DailyFaceoff/sta...15421816934401

Kris Russell: Line Change: Russell will be a healthy scratch in the Oilers season opener.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Hopefully their opening night loss means we'll never see those jerseys again.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Hopefully their opening night loss means we'll never see those jerseys again.
    LOL! Ya, I am not a big fan of them either.

I only stayed up to watch the first period last night. Living on the East Coast are hard to stay up to watch the late games. The first period was not a good one for Edmonton. Sloppy hockey in both ends. Not surprised they lost that one. It's only one game and the Stanley Cup isn't won or lost on opening night. I was surprised to see Slater Koekkoek get as much icetime as he did, but was pleasantly surprised with his performance. He looked good if I am being honest.

Administrator

Not a good sign when your supposedly improved bottom-6 is getting caved once again, especially by a team who isn't exactly known for having a good bottom-6.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

The Great One

I was surprised to see Koskinen as much I did...
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch