Page 282 of 370 FirstFirst ... 182 232 272 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 292 332 ... LastLast
Results 4,216 to 4,230 of 5545

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    Edmonton talk radio hearing rumblings that Klefbom's injury woes and pending major surgery options is triggering possible thoughts of retirement on Klefbom's part. Interesting to see where this goes, but rest assured that Holland will be needing to clarify quickly where Klefbom's head is at.
    I had not heard this, but that would be incredibly difficult at such a young age, to have to contemplate that. I am going through a sports injury myself that has sidelined a bunch of goals I had, and I'm just a regular guy. It's pretty tough mentally to go through that. I am sure that having it be your entire career, be much younger, and then have to try and figure out what the rest of your life is going to look like cannot be easy at this stage. Crazy head games. All the best to him.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I had not heard this, but that would be incredibly difficult at such a young age, to have to contemplate that. I am going through a sports injury myself that has sidelined a bunch of goals I had, and I'm just a regular guy. It's pretty tough mentally to go through that. I am sure that having it be your entire career, be much younger, and then have to try and figure out what the rest of your life is going to look like cannot be easy at this stage. Crazy head games. All the best to him.
    Here here. Wish OK the very best for a speedy recovery.

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/TSNRyanRishaug/s...64526422908940

Holland says he doesn't see them drafting a defenceman, given the prospects they have, but if a defenceman high on their list slides they'll have the discussion.
    ie - Sanderson.

I still expect Holland to trade down for more assets later in the draft but we'll have to see what he does here.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    https://twitter.com/TSNRyanRishaug/s...64526422908940

ie - Sanderson.

I still expect Holland to trade down for more assets later in the draft but we'll have to see what he does here.
    You mean like trade their 1st for a 2nd and 3rd?
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    You mean like trade their 1st for a 2nd and 3rd?
    I dont think he'd trade out of the 1st round, but I can see him moving down in the 1st round for other assets later in the draft.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I dont think he'd trade out of the 1st round, but I can see him moving down in the 1st round for other assets later in the draft.
    Can you see him trading the first rounder in deal to acquire someone like Dumba or OEL if they are truly available?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

The Great One

Dumba I could see. OEL doesn't sound like he's going to go to Edmonton. Oilers would have a hard time with adding the $6 mil without shedding somewhere.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

The Great One

Like most teams this off-season, the Oilers have lots of decisions to make. With a flat cap, there are plenty of players on the market who could potentially help the Oilers, but cap issues will be paramount, especially with RNH due a raise if they want to retain him long-term.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Can you see him trading the first rounder in deal to acquire someone like Dumba or OEL if they are truly available?
    Not unless a crappy contract is going out at the same time (ie Neal, Russell).

The Great One

Not unless a crappy contract is going out at the same time (ie Neal, Russell).
    Larsson, Koskinen...
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Larsson, Koskinen...
    I dont find them nearly as crappy. Larsson is still a solid Dman when he can stay healthy plus he's only got one year left on his deal. Koskinen is on the fence for me. He played well last year considering what he had in front of him. Not great, but I dont think his contract is nearly as bad as some other goalies out there.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Edmonton talk radio is saying that 'close' sources indicate that Klefbom is dealing with a bad arthritic shoulder. The problem being that arthritis cannot be cured by conventional means and the surgery offers absolutely no guarantee it can alleviate just SOME of the chronic pain, indeed it can make the pain worse. Klefbom is weighing how much pain he wishes to continue playing with and how more pain he potentially has to live with for the rest of his life. Maybe in a few decades arthritic pain be cured 100% in the future but that's not a reality today.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

McDavid tests positive for Covid.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    McDavid tests positive for Covid.
    So he'll have immunity for next season? Obviously I kid. I hope he has no long term issues. Young athletes stand the best chance of coming through this relatively well.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Deity

Cant say I am surprised about Athanasiou (even though they paid a lot for him) but surprised at Benning. I have to wonder if they have a backdoor deal to re-sign both at lesser cap hits.

https://twitter.com/NHLdotcom/status...06176757010434

Forward Andreas Athanasiou and defenseman Matt Benning won't receive qualifying offers from the Oilers and will become unrestricted free agents Oct. 9, general manager Ken Holland said.