Page 279 of 370 FirstFirst ... 179 229 269 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 289 329 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,185 of 5547

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

That 50/50 amount is crazy big. Sucks that I have to work early tomorrow, can't watch the rest of the game (early 2nd period right now). Oilers are taking too many penalties. Weather the storm and when the refs decide that they don't want to affect the game and even up the number of penalty calls, put one in on the PP.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    That 50/50 amount is crazy big. Sucks that I have to work early tomorrow, can't watch the rest of the game (early 2nd period right now). Oilers are taking too many penalties. Weather the storm and when the refs decide that they don't want to affect the game and even up the number of penalty calls, put one in on the PP.
    and the Oilers take another penalty.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

And there is your power play goal. Just like the doctor ordered
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

I regret trying to stay awake for this one. Wasn't even an exciting game and a crappy finish.

Dobber Sports Icon

I am in amazement at how inconsistent the officiating was in that game. There were 10 powerplays in the first two periods and then there were no penalties called in the 3rd period. I don't think the players changed they way they were playing.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    I am in amazement at how inconsistent the officiating was in that game. There were 10 powerplays in the first two periods and then there were no penalties called in the 3rd period. I don't think the players changed they way they were playing.
    I'm okay with penalties being lopsided in games...IF they are legit penalties. In this game, there were a number of garbage/ticky tack calls. I hate even up calls. Be consistent with your calls. A hold in the first period is a hold in the third period...OR heaven forbid, in overtime. It's great that the refs put their whistles away because they don't want to affect the outcome of the game...by NOT calling the rules!?

Dobber Sports Icon

I'm okay with penalties being lopsided in games...IF they are legit penalties. In this game, there were a number of garbage/ticky tack calls. I hate even up calls. Be consistent with your calls. A hold in the first period is a hold in the third period...OR heaven forbid, in overtime. It's great that the refs put their whistles away because they don't want to affect the outcome of the game...by NOT calling the rules!?
    This is exactly right. No one really cares what the rules are as long as they are the same throughout the course of a series. It's tough to adjust when something is a penalty in the first period and the 2nd period but then suddenly it's not a penalty in the 3rd period.

Dobber Sports Deity

The players arent making it any easier on the refs. I am not just referring to the Oilers (although this topic is coming up in this thread) but from most of the games I've seen so far. The play has been sloppy to say the least and while there have been some questionable calls made, a lot of the penalties I am seeing are deserved because of the players making stupid, sloppy plays, forcing the refs to make so many calls.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Smith getting the start today is interesting. Probably not the call I would have made.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Smith getting the start today is interesting. Probably not the call I would have made.
    I posed the question in the other thread. I don't think its the decision I would make either... It just seems like an opportunity to overreact... and I think starting Smith is a major overreaction.

​​

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Here's the thing. With Games 4-5 being a B2B, it's almost certain that Smith was getting run in one of those games. No way you want Koskinen starting 4 games in 6 days. But what I am wondering is whether or not Tippett considers using Smith on both ends of the B2B should he stand on his head and the Oilers force a Game 5. I'm not sure if starting Smith for Game 4 is the right tactic, but would depend on where Koskinen is at fitness-wise.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Icon

Where are you reading that Mike Smith is getting the start? I can't find that information anywhere.

Dobber Sports Titan

Where are you reading that Mike Smith is getting the start? I can't find that information anywhere.
    Saw it in one or two places on twitter
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Icon

I am not saying you are wrong as I think the Oilers will start Smith but none of the Oiler beat writers that I follow have mentioned it on Twitter yet.

Administrator

I am not saying you are wrong as I think the Oilers will start Smith but none of the Oiler beat writers that I follow have mentioned it on Twitter yet.
    Yeah, I'm not seeing it confirmed just speculated. In any case, if this goes 5, I expect to see him.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg