Page 274 of 370 FirstFirst ... 174 224 264 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 284 324 ... LastLast
Results 4,096 to 4,110 of 5545

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Wow what a 3rd period by Edmonton.

Dobber Sports Sage

Is there an argument to give the hart to anyone but Leon this season? Man he's been good.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    Is there an argument to give the hart to anyone but Leon this season? Man he's been good.
    He's also the league leader in this prestigious new category:
    https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/...data_length=30

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

There was a lot of people questioning the signing of Mike Smith coming into this season, but he's been solid back there in nets for the Oilers this year. If only he was 5 years younger.

And yes, Leon's taking home some hardware this off-season. He's also putting to bed the whole "he needs Connor to produce" or "he's only this good because he plays with McDavid" arguement.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    He's also the league leader in this prestigious new category:
    https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/...data_length=30

Haha that's good.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Smith has been really really good since the new year. Draisaitl is going berserk as well. Yamamoto changes so much on the team as well. Pretty fun to watch when everyone is rolling along. Wonder how that McDavid guy will fit in.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Smith has been really really good since the new year. Draisaitl is going berserk as well. Yamamoto changes so much on the team as well. Pretty fun to watch when everyone is rolling along. Wonder how that McDavid guy will fit in.
    Fingers crossed for Battle of Alberta in round 1.

Dobber Sports Deity

A lot of Oilers fans on this site probably wont like this next comment of mine but I don't care. I am not an Ethan Bear fan. I dont know what it is. I am not sure if it's the fact he's paired with Nurse or what it is, but it seems like he's on the ice A LOT when the Oilers are scored on. He's supposedly the next defensive stalwarth coming up the pipe for the Oilers but I am just not excited about him. I get it, he's young and still learning, but my early impressions aren't great. I hope he eventually proves me wrong, but for right now, I am not a big fan of his game.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

I don't think you're too far off. Offensively he is creative and he does some thing well on the powerplay. But pairing him and Nurse together is not good. Nurse has been a petty big let down for me this year as well, and not quite the guy I'd like paired alongside a rookie on the blue line.

Dobber Sports Pro

I don't think you're too far off. Offensively he is creative and he does some thing well on the powerplay. But pairing him and Nurse together is not good. Nurse has been a petty big let down for me this year as well, and not quite the guy I'd like paired alongside a rookie on the blue line.
    When those 2 are the only Oiler Dmen that have been healthy for the entire season they were bound to play inflated, tough minutes. All things considered they have played fairly well.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    When those 2 are the only Oiler Dmen that have been healthy for the entire season they were bound to play inflated, tough minutes. All things considered they have played fairly well.
    Yeah, fair point. I guess I just was hoping Nurse would be a bit more consistent by now, but I think this is probably as good as he's going to get. Which is fine, but certainly not what I thought he could be.

Dobber Sports Ace

I saw Athanasiou got under 10 minutes ice time last night - injured or does he just suck at defense enough that the coach didn't want him?

I own him, am cautiously optimistic, but also contending for a championship and past my trade deadline, so dropping him is a possibility.
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Dobber Sports Sage

In a tight game where you're getting outplayed with a playoff spot on the line, Athanasiou is a defensive liability until he shows he's not. It's looking like he's going to have to earn that spot beside Connor and it will be earned in his own zone, not on the scoresheet. As it should be as Connor has shown he can score with pretty much anyone.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by jdreed3184 View Post
    I saw Athanasiou got under 10 minutes ice time last night - injured or does he just suck at defense enough that the coach didn't want him?

I own him, am cautiously optimistic, but also contending for a championship and past my trade deadline, so dropping him is a possibility.
    11 penalties between the two teams and he doesn't get PP or PK time, and it was a close game where the team as getting outplayed for most of the night. Tyler Ennis had similar ice time.

He's going to need to figure out how to play smarter for sure though. Tippett seems to be able to squeeze a lot out of players so we'll see what happens.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    I agree. Defense is a tough position in the NHL and we are leaning hard on a 25-year old and a 22-year old rookie. Most NHL dmen don't really figure the game out until their late 20s. There's still lots of time for these players to develop into legitimate top-pairing dmen. All things considered, these guys are playing 25-30 mins a night and giving us the minutes we need. What they've been able to accomplish this season has exceeded my expectations.

Our defense isn't perfect, but with Nurse, Bear, Klefbom, and Larsson, I think it will be "good enough" to win more games than we lose. If our forwards keep it up, and the goal-tending remains adequate, I'm optimistic we can make some noise in the playoffs.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98