Page 272 of 370 FirstFirst ... 172 222 262 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 282 322 ... LastLast
Results 4,066 to 4,080 of 5545

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Thanks for that visual haha.

Just wanted to point out that WPG is actually in the Central (but you're right they could line up as the Pacific WC). It would be awesome to see some Canadian matchups, but that has the counterpoint of ensuring one of the two doesn't make it to round 2.
    Brain fart, swap West for Pacific and we're good to go. Also, not to get off topic, but I'll take 2 of 4 getting through over 0 of 4.
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster

Dobber Sports Superstar

Evan Bouchard recalled from the AHL, Klefbom on IR.

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/news/rele...?tid=277567784

As I understand it Bouchard is under the "slide-rule"; therefore, if he plays 9 games or less he will not use a year of his ELC. Bouchard has not played a regular season game yet this year so the Oilers may have a tough call to make if he looks awesome thru the first 7-8 games.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Icon

I am not sure when Bouchard will actually play a game. He's a right shot dman and the Oilers are already using Larsson/Bear/Benning on the right side. I also don't see how the Oilers would replace one of those 3 with Bouchard and run 4 ROOKIE dmen in a playoff run. That's not going to happen. My guess is that Bouchard is in Edmonton for the week and is returned to the AHL either Sunday or Monday as the Oilers play in LA on Sunday and Tuesday (at Anaheim). I would be surprised if he plays in a game during this recall.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Hope he gets a shot. Oilers are going to be in really tough to win games right now with so many injuries.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Awfully happy with Mike Smith this year as well. He's been really, really good since his his blip in december.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Mike Smith stole as a point last night. the PP sure does look disorganized without McDavid, especially the entries. Nurse does not look good as a PP QB. I wonder if Ethan Bear gets a shot next game, especially after he scored (assisted?) the PP Goal.

Also, Draisaitl's OT shifts are consistently way too long, reminds me of The Dark Knight "You either score as a hero or stay out long enough to become the villain."
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    Mike Smith stole as a point last night. the PP sure does look disorganized without McDavid, especially the entries. Nurse does not look good as a PP QB. I wonder if Ethan Bear gets a shot next game, especially after he scored (assisted?) the PP Goal.

Also, Draisaitl's OT shifts are consistently way too long, reminds me of The Dark Knight "You either score as a hero or stay out long enough to become the villain."
    Maybe they put Bouchard in as the 7th D and run him out their for PP1 to see what's what.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

All in all, happy with the Oilers on deadline day. Holland had some wants and needs and I'd say he did a good job filling the holes. He said he wasn't trading his 1st and had no desire to move key prospects. He stuck to his guns and kept his word.

It also shows the team he's willing to boost this squad for a playoff push, which adds a lot of confidence for the team.

It's nice to see the Oilers as buyers and not sellers at the deadline for a change.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    All in all, happy with the Oilers on deadline day. Holland had some wants and needs and I'd say he did a good job filling the holes. He said he wasn't trading his 1st and had no desire to move key prospects. He stuck to his guns and kept his word.

It also shows the team he's willing to boost this squad for a playoff push, which adds a lot of confidence for the team.

It's nice to see the Oilers as buyers and not sellers at the deadline for a change.
    Agree with all of that AA and Ennis were nice adds. Gagner was a good subtraction given his contract, tough for him personally.

I will be interested to see if Athanasiou lines up as line 1 Winger or 3C. I think against certain matchups playing McDavid- Draisaitl- Athanasiou down the middle could make good sense. Then if the team is down late they stack the top-6, similar to what the Oilers used to do with Draisaitl and McDavid.

With Calgary, Vancouver and Vegas making big adds and Arizona getting Kuemper back the race in the Pacific is going to be excellent, I'm just happy the Oilers are a part of it.
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm not unhappy, and given the past 10-15 years, that's a win. First step is to make the playoffs.

The Great One

I absolutely love AA on the Oilers. I've coveted him for a couple of years. I'm not convinced he will mesh well with McDavid (though that is certainly possible), but even if he doesn't workout well with him, AA gives this lineup a lot more versatility. We now have four players who can play down the middle, which gives us lots of depth in the event of injury and lots of options to juggle the lines if we want to get different match ups against different opponents. AA's speed will also surely help. If McDavid and AA are together, defensemen are going to be overwhelmed with speed. If you put AA on a different line, then for almost the entire game the defense will have to respect our team speed.

Without knowing how well AA will mesh with the lineup, and being a little hesitant to breakup the dominant second line, ideally I'd like to see Yamamoto playing with McDavid and AA with Draisaitl and Nuge. Speed on both lines and I just feel that Yamamoto's tenaciousness would be a better compliment to McDavid's style. AA and McDavid both play a similar game, in terms of speed, that I'm not entirely sure they will mesh. That said, I'm excited to see how it all pans out. Overall I'm super excited. This was such a low-risk, high-reward move, imo, and gives the team lots of options.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I absolutely love AA on the Oilers. I've coveted him for a couple of years. I'm not convinced he will mesh well with McDavid (though that is certainly possible), but even if he doesn't workout well with him, AA gives this lineup a lot more versatility. We now have four players who can play down the middle, which gives us lots of depth in the event of injury and lots of options to juggle the lines if we want to get different match ups against different opponents. AA's speed will also surely help. If McDavid and AA are together, defensemen are going to be overwhelmed with speed. If you put AA on a different line, then for almost the entire game the defense will have to respect our team speed.

Without knowing how well AA will mesh with the lineup, and being a little hesitant to breakup the dominant second line, ideally I'd like to see Yamamoto playing with McDavid and AA with Draisaitl and Nuge. Speed on both lines and I just feel that Yamamoto's tenaciousness would be a better compliment to McDavid's style. AA and McDavid both play a similar game, in terms of speed, that I'm not entirely sure they will mesh. That said, I'm excited to see how it all pans out. Overall I'm super excited. This was such a low-risk, high-reward move, imo, and gives the team lots of options.
    You really want to break up the RNH-Drais-Yama line?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    You really want to break up the RNH-Drais-Yama line?
    Personally, I wouldn't, but at least we do know that RNH is comfortable playing with McDavid. If there's a move to be made, that would be the one I'd consider, just in case Athanasiou doesn't gel with McDavid. Flip RNH and Athanasiou if need be. I wouldnt be moving Yamamoto any time soon.

The Great One

If they hold a morning skate I’d really appreciate someone posting the lines here if possible to include where the new D end up PP wise etc.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    If they hold a morning skate I’d really appreciate someone posting the lines here if possible to include where the new D end up PP wise etc.
    Considering the moves made, as long as all are present, I would imagine they will run a full practice with the lines. Wait for the local media to tweet about it. I am sure it will come out later today.