Page 270 of 370 FirstFirst ... 170 220 260 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 280 320 ... LastLast
Results 4,036 to 4,050 of 5545

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Mark Spector
    @SportsnetSpec
    ·
    4m
    Likely range on Kassian contract: four years, with an AAV of $3.25-$3.5 million.
    That's likely a contract the team will regret.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    That's likely a contract the team will regret.
    Dont we say that more times than not; and I'm not just referring to the Oilers.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Dont we say that more times than not; and I'm not just referring to the Oilers.
    Maybe, I don't know. Maybe it's more often than not true as well? I don't like this particular contract at all though.

The Great One

What will Georgiev’s look like?
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    What will Georgiev’s look like?
    Why? Is he going to be an Oiler?

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    Why? Is he going to be an Oiler?
    Purely conjecture
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Icon

Why would the Oilers sign Kassian for that much money? It makes no sense. Josh Archibald has 4 points in 2 games playing with McDavid so it should be clear to the Oilers that Kassian is easily replaceable. I would also imagine that Kassian knows this as well. Anything more than $2,000,000 per season is an overpay.

If my memory serves me correctly, it was a little over a year ago that Kassian was a healthy scratch and was given permission by the Oilers to talk to other teams to see if there was any interest in him. Now his value has doubled from that contract?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Why would the Oilers sign Kassian for that much money? It makes no sense. Josh Archibald has 4 points in 2 games playing with McDavid so it should be clear to the Oilers that Kassian is easily replaceable. I would also imagine that Kassian knows this as well. Anything more than $2,000,000 per season is an overpay.

If my memory serves me correctly, it was a little over a year ago that Kassian was a healthy scratch and was given permission by the Oilers to talk to other teams to see if there was any interest in him. Now his value has doubled from that contract?
    Totally agree.

Dobber Sports Titan

Though I agree with the above comments, Holland stating that he remembered Kassian's solid playoff performance for Edmonton a couple years ago tells me that he has some money lined up.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post

I dont disagree but I do think it's important to keep guys like Kassian around simply because he's shown over half a season that he CAN play with McDavid and not really look out of place. That doesnt mean I think he is worth that much, or that much term, but there's a lot we dont know on team dynmaics and how things work in the dressing room. For all we know, he's good buddies with Connor off the ice and it's important to him to keep him around. I dont know.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

If Kassian scores 20+ goals with McDavid every season then the contract is probably worth it. Basically Kassian is turning into the winger that everyone was hoping Lucic SHOULD have been with McDavid as Lucic was clearly signed for 1st line dollars. I'll take Kassian's soon to be contract over the Lucic or even the James Neal contract.

The Great One

The numbers do not support these contract values. He’s shooting almost 12% this year while his career average hovers around 8%. His zone starts have been extremely favorable and again don’t show that he’s worth that money. His expected points per 60 this season is almost double his career norm. His PDO is 1028...not overly high but still due to regress. Everything about his underlying numbers scream overpay if the contact is based on this season. This is a chance for Holland to show us he’s no Chiarelli...
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    The numbers do not support these contract values. He’s shooting almost 12% this year while his career average hovers around 8%. His zone starts have been extremely favorable and again don’t show that he’s worth that money. His expected points per 60 this season is almost double his career norm. His PDO is 1028...not overly high but still due to regress. Everything about his underlying numbers scream overpay if the contact is based on this season. This is a chance for Holland to show us he’s no Chiarelli...
    Hes also a plus player who's scored 13 goals this season with little, to no power play time.

I'm not saying hes earned a 4x4 contract, hes hes turning into a viable option that can fit in. I've always said 3x3 would he ideal.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Hes also a plus player who's scored 13 goals this season with little, to no power play time.

I'm not saying hes earned a 4x4 contract, hes hes turning into a viable option that can fit in. I've always said 3x3 would he ideal.
    That’s the thing about underlying numbers...they tell you the 13 goals and + rating are not sustainable/repeatable. And +\- is a complete BS stat anyway. This is a player Chiarelli would have been all chubby to overpay. It’s Holland’s opportunity to show some restraint and pay him reasonably or let someone else overpay.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Pro

Pre-emptively bitching about a contract that has not been signed yet accomplishes what?