Page 269 of 370 FirstFirst ... 169 219 259 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 279 319 369 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,035 of 5547

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Administrator

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalToTheOil View Post
    Curious as to why benson hasn't had a real shot in the bigs yet. Yamo has skill, but couldn't stay healthy and still has got the body of a teenager. Maybe the speed of Kialer is what pushed him farther in hollands eyes, and maybe Benson's turn is yet to come this season. Still so many passengers on this team, wouldn't be surprised to see him soon if things are still going south.
    Uncertain, as I'd have assumed Benson would be the first forward call up. I presume it's because the team is REALLY invested in Yamamoto having picked him in R1. I also wonder if his recent run of goals in 4 straight in the AHL had any impact.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Uncertain, as I'd have assumed Benson would be the first forward call up. I presume it's because the team is REALLY invested in Yamamoto having picked him in R1. I also wonder if his recent run of goals in 4 straight in the AHL had any impact.
    One reason that Yamamoto may have been called up first is because the Condors coach, Jay Woodcroft, has called Yamamoto an elite penalty killer.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    One reason that Yamamoto may have been called up first is because the Condors coach, Jay Woodcroft, has called Yamamoto an elite penalty killer.
    Interesting. Killing penalties hasnt been an issue this year, as much as getting secondary scoring. Either way, it will be interesting to see how Yamamoto fairs on the 2nd line.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Interesting. Killing penalties hasnt been an issue this year, as much as getting secondary scoring. Either way, it will be interesting to see how Yamamoto fairs on the 2nd line.
    Penalty killing wasn't an issue to start the season but it's been terrible for the past month or so. It's at less than 70% over the past 10 games (16/23).

Dobber Sports Expert

I was worried for a bit there

Oscar Klefbom is on the ice.

Administrator

Klefbom may play but if he's limited, go straight into tank mode.

Dobber Sports Deity

Lets see how much he gets overpaid.

https://twitter.com/Sportsnet/status...399549955?s=19

The Oilers and Zack Kassian are close to an extension. ��

https://t.co/jmzqCFOzzT

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Lets see how much he gets overpaid.

https://twitter.com/Sportsnet/status...399549955?s=19
    So conflicted. He's easy to root for. Would love for him to stick around a couple more seasons. And you can't begrudge him getting paid. On the other hand, he's so obviously being propped up in a situation where virtually anyone would produce. And has the type of profile where any deal is bound to be regrettable the second he gets re-signed. I'm betting something in the Micheal Ferland range.

Dobber Sports Deity

So conflicted. He's easy to root for. Would love for him to stick around a couple more seasons. And you can't begrudge him getting paid. On the other hand, he's so obviously being propped up in a situation where virtually anyone would produce. And has the type of profile where any deal is bound to be regrettable the second he gets re-signed. I'm betting something in the Micheal Ferland range.
    I'd be ok with $3M for 3 yrs but I'm afraid it's going to he closer to $4 for 4 yrs.

Administrator

$3 million would be below the league average cap hit so if that option is available then it's tough to say no. The only risk is the rest of the team not being set up well cap-wise so they can't afford to be wasting any dollars.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Administrator

My forecast for the season ahead puts them at roughly $75M, with mostly the same task as last off-season; rebuild the bottom-6, acquire a backup goaltender, be patient and allow bad money to expire.

Neal - McDavid - Kassian
    Nuge - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
    ? - ? - ?
    Khaira - ? - Chiasson

Nurse - Bear
    Klefbom - Larsson
    Jones - Bouchard
    Russell - ?

Koskinen - ?

A few assumptions in here:

Nurse and Bear combine for roughly $12M on the cap. I have Nurse at $7M (somewhere between what Trouba and Morrissey got) and hoping he comes in cheaper. Bear at $5M on a long term deal comparable to what Klefbom/Larsson got out of their ELCs. They could go bridge but Bear seems like a good one to bet on, and they have enough wiggle room to spend up on a longer deal to save more in the long run.

Kassian in at $3.5M, right around the Ferland contract.

Bouchard makes the leap. If not him then one of their other young defensemen (Lagesson, Persson, etc). I'd bet Bouchard gets incubated until Christmas before forcing his way up.

Neal can continue to offer enough to not get bought out. I think he's done enough to buy another season. He shouldn't be a top-6 guy but until we see otherwise he gets penciled in.

This would set the Oilers up to spend a little bit more on their bottom-6. That probably means retaining some of the hits like Nygard and Haas at pricier deals (hopefully not too pricey) but could also allow them to splurge a little on depth scoring. The market isn't great and you're more liable to make mistakes there but Colorado did great in that mid-tier market where the Oilers should be shopping.

Dobber Sports Deity

I've seen the good Bear early on, and the not so good Bear the past 4 weeks or so. The not so good has been scary.

I hope your numbers are high and they come in a lot lower than you anticipate. I haven't seen anything from Nurse that makes me feel hes worth anything more than what Provorov or Morrissey are about to make.

Administrator

Mark Spector
    @SportsnetSpec
    ·
    4m
    Likely range on Kassian contract: four years, with an AAV of $3.25-$3.5 million.

Dobber Sports Deity

Mark Spector
    @SportsnetSpec
    ·
    4m
    Likely range on Kassian contract: four years, with an AAV of $3.25-$3.5 million.
    I'll take that. Wish it was only 3 yrs but the money is doable.

Administrator

I'd rather pay $500k more and get a shorter term. Four years might be problematic. Shouldn't be as much of an issue short-term though.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust