Page 262 of 370 FirstFirst ... 162 212 252 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 272 312 362 ... LastLast
Results 3,916 to 3,930 of 5547

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

The Great One

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    He's played 14:49 total in the NHL and all that was in a game where Klefbom had 3 assists (2 on the power-play.) I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that maybe you're being a tad impatient here.
    Im not impatient at all. Im just asking- lol! I have no idea either way. i added him based on a hunch i read and was just curious if thats the case or not...

The Great One

Kflebom is soaking up all the PP time, and truth be told he is doing quite well in that role early on, so I don't see that changing in the near future. Persson will get he chances on the second unit, but anyone who was thinking he'd take on first unit PP duties should probably re-adjust their expectations.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Ace

Serious question but is McDavid and/or Draisitl going to burn out or get injured before Chjristmas if they keep playing 26 minutes a night?? I know NHL players are fitness fanatics but surely the coach cannot expect to keep doing that and not expect to lose one or both of them before long.
    12 Team H2H keeper league
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, Hits, GWG & SOG. W, GAA, SV% & SHO
    Daily changes, Start: 3C 3LW 3RW 6D 1F 2W 2G - 10 Bench

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyHobo View Post
    Serious question but is McDavid and/or Draisitl going to burn out or get injured before Chjristmas if they keep playing 26 minutes a night?? I know NHL players are fitness fanatics but surely the coach cannot expect to keep doing that and not expect to lose one or both of them before long.
    I can't see them continuing to play those minutes.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Ace

Drai has been getting slot more PK time in particular with Sheahsn out but will see that scaled back once Sheahan returns.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyHobo View Post
    Serious question but is McDavid and/or Draisaitl going to burn out or get injured before Chjristmas if they keep playing 26 minutes a night?? I know NHL players are fitness fanatics but surely the coach cannot expect to keep doing that and not expect to lose one or both of them before long.
    This will not continue. I can guarantee you that. Right now I think Coach Dave Tippett is trying to figure out what he has with players like Nygard, Jurco, and even James Neal and what he has to give. Once Coach knows who he can give plus minutes to McDavid and Draisaitl minutes will go down. The funny thing is the past 3 years for McDavid he has averaged close to 22 minutes which is craziness. Draisaitl last season also averaged 22 minutes which is insane to me.

Dobber Sports Sage

They have no choice but to ride their studs, I think it will continue. A nervous feeling 3-0...
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Deity

Man its painful watching Kassian on that top line. If he had half a set of hands he could get 20+ goals just by being there.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Didn’t he score the 3rd Edmonton Goal? Looks like he touched the puck in front?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 93Leafs View Post
    Didn’t he score the 3rd Edmonton Goal? Looks like he touched the puck in front?
    Nope, Draisaitl got that one.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Man its painful watching Kassian on that top line. If he had half a set of hands he could get 20+ goals just by being there.
    He might get there with hooves for hands.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Star

I have watched all 5 Oiler games this year. Am I the only one who thinks they have looked horrible all year? Our defense has been inadequate, our offence has been spotty, our goaltending has been super mediocre. We have been chasing all year. Everyone is going on about how awesome Neal looks; he has stumbled ass-backwards into a boatload of goals. Somehow, we are 5-0. I hope that we start playing better, or our record is going to catch up to how we are playing.

Rylant

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    I have watched all 5 Oiler games this year. Am I the only one who thinks they have looked horrible all year? Our defense has been inadequate, our offence has been spotty, our goaltending has been super mediocre. We have been chasing all year. Everyone is going on about how awesome Neal looks; he has stumbled ass-backwards into a boatload of goals. Somehow, we are 5-0. I hope that we start playing better, or our record is going to catch up to how we are playing.

Rylant
    I have watched some of the games and I can tell you why we are 5-0 right now. It is cuz of McDavid and Draisaitl for the most part. Sure James Neal is scoring and even Zack Kassian has 3 goals but that is more cuz of he is skating with McDavid and Draisaitl. The Defence is what it is and if it is enough to hold together than I think we are OK. What is gonna kill this team is no depth at all and really the Goalies aren't that much and they are playing over their heads. I will take it as long as they want to continue to give out the wins though.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post

Rylant
    I think what's been mostly overlooked is that they are 5-0 against five non playoff teams. Mcdavid and Leon have carried them through, they never run out of steam and have had some awesome 3rd periods.

There is likely a reality check coming. But when you have the best forward in the world and another one that's probably in the top ten they can win you a decent amount of games if you can keep it close, especially against bottom half opponents.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Deity

I thought they actually played good yesterday. They seemed to control the play, Smith played well and made the saves when needed, and the PK was spot on. I'm not naive enough to think they are suddenly a top team, but as long as they keep doing the little things right, they have a chance to be there come playoff time.

Confidence is a funny thing and winning even the ugly games is something the Oilers weren't able to do in years past. I'll just enjoy the ride while it's there.