Page 261 of 370 FirstFirst ... 161 211 251 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 271 311 361 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,915 of 5547

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

The Great One

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Sure okay. Mike Smith is pretty good. I stand corrected. We’ll see you in the playoffs this year!
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    This statement is so wrong. His play in the playoffs isn't why he didn't return to the Flames or the reason they lost in the first round. If anything, his playoff play was stated as the best of the year. This isn't my opinion, but FlamesNation noted this.

https://flamesnation.ca/2019/04/22/m...by-cap-crunch/
    That was written in April, so it has little to no relevance. Of note, Cam Talbot makes more money this year than Moke Smoth

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    That was written in April, so it has little to no relevance. Of note, Cam Talbot makes more money this year than Moke Smoth
    Considering this is when the Flames got eliminated, it absolutely has relevance to the statement that Smith was the reason the Flames got eliminated from the playoffs.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

I dunno if you actually read the article or not but the entire premise of the article is Smoth wouldn’t be back for cap reasons. It tangentially mentions Smoth’s playoff performance in passing. There’s likely multiple articles you could link praising Smoth’s playoff contributions, that just wasn’t one of them.

Dobber Sports Deity

I dunno if you actually read the article or not but the entire premise of the article is Smoth wouldn’t be back for cap reasons. It tangentially mentions Smoth’s playoff performance in passing. There’s likely multiple articles you could link praising Smoth’s playoff contributions, that just wasn’t one of them.
    My point was to show that his playoff performance was not the issue in the Flames demise last year. Sure, there's plenty of articles that could prove my point. That was the 1st one I found.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Noted great puck handler Moke Smoth. That’s 2 already. Let’s call it the first 2 of many this year.

Dobber Sports Star

Noted great puck handler Moke Smoth. That’s 2 already. Let’s call it the first 2 of many this year.
    No question. Two weak goals, both bad plays by Smith and both highly avoidable.

Rylant

PS. I don’t get the calling Mike Smith, Moke Smoth. Must have missed the reference.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Certainly Mike Smith is not a top tier Goalie. I don't think anyone is saying that at all. Hopefully he will settle down in the game tonight the rest of the way.
    MD Rink Rats( 14 Team Keeper H2H Yahoo League)
    ​G,A,PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK/ W, GAA, SV%, SHO

D: K. Yandle- Fla, J. Muzzin- Tor, S. Gostisbehere- Phi, R. Pulock-NYI, S. Girard- Col, T.J. Brodie- Cgy, B. Pesce- Car
    C: T. Seguin- Dal, M. Scheifele- Wpg, E. Pettersson- Van, D. Larkin- Det, D. Stepan- Ari
    RW: V. Tarasenko- Stl, P. Kessel- Ari, S. Reinhart- Buf(C), E. Lindhom- Cgy(C), T. Toffoli-LA, B. Connolly- Fla(LW), D. Kahun-Pit(LW)
    LW: T. Hall- NJ, A. DeBrincat- Chi(RW), J. Skinner- Buf(C), T. Tatar- Mon(RW), A. Iafallo- LA, J. Dickinson- Dal(C)
    G: S. Varlamov- NYI, J. Howard- Det, M. Smith- Edm, J. Saros- Nas, P. Francouz-Col

Dobber Sports Deity

I don't expect perfection. And yes, I expect these will happen. Bad with the good. Still got the W.

Just always desperate lol. The one thing you can count on.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Just always desperate lol. The one thing you can count on.
    Well, there is one other thing we can count on, you trolling Oiler fans! Let us at least have hope. It's not as if the last 13 years (outside of 2016-17) have been a lot of fun for Edmonton fans. Hope is all we got.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

One thing I can say about this team from what I have seen this year is the offense is going to be fun to watch. If they make the playoffs or not I will be cheering for my boys all the way.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Well, there is one other thing we can count on, you trolling Oiler fans! Let us at least have hope. It's not as if the last 13 years (outside of 2016-17) have been a lot of fun for Edmonton fans. Hope is all we got.
    Hope? Let me tell you something, my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane. It's got no use on the inside. You'd better get used to that idea.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

The Great One

So is persson still getting a shot on the pp or did that get swept under the proverbial "Edmonton is a sh!t show"?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    So is persson still getting a shot on the pp or did that get swept under the proverbial "Edmonton is a sh!t show"?
    He's played 14:49 total in the NHL and all that was in a game where Klefbom had 3 assists (2 on the power-play.) I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that maybe you're being a tad impatient here.