Page 259 of 370 FirstFirst ... 159 209 249 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 269 309 359 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,885 of 5547

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    This is the same Mike Smith that the Flames felt wasn’t good enough to play for them...so...
    And that is the same Flames that picked up Talbot that the Oilers didn't feel like trying to resign... so...

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    And that is the same Flames that picked up Talbot that the Oilers didn't feel like trying to resign... so...
    “He’s the snake to my mongoose...or the mongoose to my snake...I don’t know...I don’t know animals...either way it’s bad”
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Apprentice

This is the same Mike Smith that the Flames felt wasn’t good enough to play for them...so...
    So they decided to upgrade with an unproven Rittich and a guy who hasn't had a good season since the 2016-17 season in Cam Talbot.
    MD Rink Rats( 14 Team Keeper H2H Yahoo League)
    ​G,A,PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK/ W, GAA, SV%, SHO

D: K. Yandle- Fla, J. Muzzin- Tor, S. Gostisbehere- Phi, R. Pulock-NYI, S. Girard- Col, T.J. Brodie- Cgy, B. Pesce- Car
    C: T. Seguin- Dal, M. Scheifele- Wpg, E. Pettersson- Van, D. Larkin- Det, D. Stepan- Ari
    RW: V. Tarasenko- Stl, P. Kessel- Ari, S. Reinhart- Buf(C), E. Lindhom- Cgy(C), T. Toffoli-LA, B. Connolly- Fla(LW), D. Kahun-Pit(LW)
    LW: T. Hall- NJ, A. DeBrincat- Chi(RW), J. Skinner- Buf(C), T. Tatar- Mon(RW), A. Iafallo- LA, J. Dickinson- Dal(C)
    G: S. Varlamov- NYI, J. Howard- Det, M. Smith- Edm, J. Saros- Nas, P. Francouz-Col

Dobber Sports Icon

You must have him confused with a different Mike Smith. The guy who's now with the Oilers was the only goalie the Flames used in the playoffs last year. The Flames clearly thought he was good enough to play for them but I don't think Mike Smith wanted to play in Calgary anymore. If the Flames actually thought Rittich was the better goalie, Rittich would have probably played in the playoffs.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

https://calgarysun.com/sports/hockey...ng-knee-injury

This is my only input on this Smith-Rittich-Talbot circle y'all have going on.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post

Daily Faceoff has Nygaard listed on the topline with McD?? I know he was impressive in camp and the coaches liked him but is he really playing there? Any chance it sticks? I said on paper it makes sense JUST in the sense that his game is predicated on game-breaking speed which could be a good combo with Connor. Is Nygard a breakout candidate?

Also what about Neal? I cant believe I missed out on him by like a buck in my FFAB auction- lol! Im sure he'll bounceback but I thought for sure he'd be L2 or even L3 with RNH if Draisaitl got his own line.

Im stoked RNH spoke up about consistency and linemates. Hes earned regular linemates. i think a lot of people are writing RNH off as having a low ceiling offensively but thats in big part due to being slotted in anywhere and everywhere as the coaching staff ask him to play every role under the sun with linemates that range from fringe AHLers to literally the best player on the planet- lol! i think last year was his breakout so to speak- but over the next 2-3 years I would not be at all surprised if he found even another gear to his game.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

.....why am I quoted.

The Great One

I was going to say this. I owned Rittich in one of my leagues last year and I think the Flames really like him. The only reason he didn't play towards the end of the season and into the playoffs was due to the injury. That is why they were comfortable letting Smith walk. I don't expect much from Talbot, nor Smith to be honest. I know Edmonton started Smith last night, but if they hope to rely on him as their main starter all season, they will be in trouble, I feel. I foresee a tandem situation.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Jedi

.....why am I quoted.
    habit?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Daily Faceoff has Nygaard listed on the topline with McD?? I know he was impressive in camp and the coaches liked him but is he really playing there? Any chance it sticks? I said on paper it makes sense JUST in the sense that his game is predicated on game-breaking speed which could be a good combo with Connor. Is Nygard a breakout candidate?

Also what about Neal? I cant believe I missed out on him by like a buck in my FFAB auction- lol! Im sure he'll bounceback but I thought for sure he'd be L2 or even L3 with RNH if Draisaitl got his own line.

Im stoked RNH spoke up about consistency and linemates. Hes earned regular linemates. i think a lot of people are writing RNH off as having a low ceiling offensively but thats in big part due to being slotted in anywhere and everywhere as the coaching staff ask him to play every role under the sun with linemates that range from fringe AHLers to literally the best player on the planet- lol! i think last year was his breakout so to speak- but over the next 2-3 years I would not be at all surprised if he found even another gear to his game.
    I believe they are giving Nygard the first chance on that line. He had a fantastic preseason, but I have also heard he is quite the hot head and has been working on this. If he falters watch for Jurco to step up.
    MD Rink Rats( 14 Team Keeper H2H Yahoo League)
    ​G,A,PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK/ W, GAA, SV%, SHO

D: K. Yandle- Fla, J. Muzzin- Tor, S. Gostisbehere- Phi, R. Pulock-NYI, S. Girard- Col, T.J. Brodie- Cgy, B. Pesce- Car
    C: T. Seguin- Dal, M. Scheifele- Wpg, E. Pettersson- Van, D. Larkin- Det, D. Stepan- Ari
    RW: V. Tarasenko- Stl, P. Kessel- Ari, S. Reinhart- Buf(C), E. Lindhom- Cgy(C), T. Toffoli-LA, B. Connolly- Fla(LW), D. Kahun-Pit(LW)
    LW: T. Hall- NJ, A. DeBrincat- Chi(RW), J. Skinner- Buf(C), T. Tatar- Mon(RW), A. Iafallo- LA, J. Dickinson- Dal(C)
    G: S. Varlamov- NYI, J. Howard- Det, M. Smith- Edm, J. Saros- Nas, P. Francouz-Col

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I was going to say this. I owned Rittich in one of my leagues last year and I think the Flames really like him. The only reason he didn't play towards the end of the season and into the playoffs was due to the injury. That is why they were comfortable letting Smith walk. I don't expect much from Talbot, nor Smith to be honest. I know Edmonton started Smith last night, but if they hope to rely on him as their main starter all season, they will be in trouble, I feel. I foresee a tandem situation.
    The Oilers are totally going with a platoon approach in net this year, Tippett is not going to force someone to become the #1. It could happen where one absolutely out performs the other, but the ideal outcome would be both goalies having around 40 starts. Smith may have the inside track right now because coach Tippett knows him so well from their Arizona days.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Eleasha View Post
    So they decided to upgrade with an unproven Rittich and a guy who hasn't had a good season since the 2016-17 season in Cam Talbot.
    Wait...are you bagging on the Flames here? I thought we were talking about Smith - who you said wasn’t that bad.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Deity

I think Smith is a mediocre goalie now, but he does offer something the Oilers haven't had in a while and that's a goalie who's very good at handling the puck. He alone will help the Oilers simply in his ability to move the puck.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I think Smith is a mediocre goalie now, but he does offer something the Oilers haven't had in a while and that's a goalie who's very good at handling the puck. He alone will help the Oilers simply in his ability to move the puck.
    it is getting a little tiresome always having to agree with you, Axe...but once again this is an excellent point and one I hadn't really considered. Smith certainly is an excellent puck handler for a goalie, and that could theoretically give our dmen a bit of an extra advantage when retrieving the puck from the defensive zone and starting the rush. No doubt we need all the help we can get in that area.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    it is getting a little tiresome always having to agree with you, Axe...but once again this is an excellent point and one I hadn't really considered. Smith certainly is an excellent puck handler for a goalie, and that could theoretically give our dmen a bit of an extra advantage when retrieving the puck from the defensive zone and starting the rush. No doubt we need all the help we can get in that area.
    LOL!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."