Page 257 of 370 FirstFirst ... 157 207 247 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 267 307 357 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,855 of 5547

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    My god that’s an underwhelming group of wingers. What happened indeed...
    Is this group of wingers really that bad?

Here are the goals scored last season for the expected starting 8 wingers for all the Pacific teams.

Flames: 146
    Golden Knights: 130
    Oilers: 121
    Canucks: 117
    Coyotes: 109
    Sharks: 76 (106 if you replace a zero with Evander Kane)
    Kings: 105
    Ducks: 70

Other teams playing tonight:
    Capitals: 159
    Blues: 104
    Seantors: 80
    Maple Leafs: 78
    Last edited by chuckcouples; October 2, 2019 at 4:19 PM. Reason: More information.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'd rather compare those wingers to the entire NHL..

Not surprising though.... Canucks has 0 goals from wingers... heh pretty sure they're inconsequential to this list anyway

and is Draisaitl counted as a winger or centre in that 121 total?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    is Draisaitl counted as a winger or centre in that 121 total?
    Draisaitl is a winger since he's likely going to play the wing so he counts.

I added the Canucks and the rest of the teams playing tonight to the list to give more information. The Oilers now have the 4th most goals from wingers last year or the 12 teams listed. I know goals are not everything but I don't think their wingers are anywhere near as bad as people think they are.

The Great One

Yes they are that bad.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

The Great One

Break it down by winger...anyone have a career year (chiasson?) playing with McDavid? Not everyone will get to that level again this year. There will some progression (Sharks, probably Vancouver and Vegas with a full season of Stone) and some regression - I expect Edmonton to one of those. Their wingers just aren’t good. Neal is hopefully going to help. But I wouldn’t consider any to be fantasy relevant except maybe him and Draisaitl if you’re counting him as a wing.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Draisaitl is a winger since he's likely going to play the wing so he counts.

I added the Canucks and the rest of the teams playing tonight to the list to give more information. The Oilers now have the 4th most goals from wingers last year or the 12 teams listed. I know goals are not everything but I don't think their wingers are anywhere near as bad as people think they are.
    that's half the battle... what was their combined +/- ? They need to help out in their own end as well.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Worst Oilers opening night roster I think I have ever seen. I am expecting them to win games now just because it makes zero sense.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

"Actually the Oilers don't have winger problems" is not a take I expected to see lol.

The Great One

The current roster is so embarrassing (this from an Oiler fan). I have literally no expectations for this team, which is sad when they have two 100 pts players and the makings of a solid defense group. Not long ago the Oilers were lacking center depth and defense. Now they lack wingers, which in theory should be easier to acquire. Very disappointed that our big winger acquisition this summer was Neal.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Is this group of wingers really that bad?

Here are the goals scored last season for the expected starting 8 wingers for all the Pacific teams.

Flames: 146
    Golden Knights: 130
    Oilers: 121
    Canucks: 117
    Coyotes: 109
    Sharks: 76 (106 if you replace a zero with Evander Kane)
    Kings: 105
    Ducks: 70

Other teams playing tonight:
    Capitals: 159
    Blues: 104
    Seantors: 80
    Maple Leafs: 78
    Can't help but to go back to this... I mean.. can one really argue the Leafs and Sharks wingers are That bad? or worse than Edm?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Can't help but to go back to this... I mean.. can one really argue the Leafs and Sharks wingers are That bad? or worse than Edm?
    I know I personally would rather have Nygard-Neal-Draisaitl-Kassian over both Kapanen-Marner-Johnsson-Nylander and Meier-Kane-Labanc-Yurtaikin.

Wait....

Dobber Sports Ninja

Here's hoping Tippett can work some magic here...Lord knows my Oilers need a little help! Hope springs eternal.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Star

Even though the Oil is up by 1, they didn’t look good in the first period. Yikes, this is going to me a rough year for us Oiler fans...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Icon

So far so good for the Oilers. They beat a team they should be beating in their home opener. Kassian was the best forward for the Oilers. Draisaitl also looked very good. Special teams looked solid. Their 2nd PP had about 3 glorious scoring chances. Khaira thought the puck was a hand grenade and was fighting it all night. McDavid still looked rusty and then scored the game winner with a beauty.

1-0!

The Great One

It’ll be interesting to see how they look against a team with more than 6 NHL players...
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR: