Page 253 of 370 FirstFirst ... 153 203 243 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 263 303 353 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,795 of 5545

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

I'm also fine with tippett. I'll say this though, hitch is as defensively minded as coaches come. Maybe he's not the best player coach but I think the teams overall ability defensively is more to blame than the coach.

The NHL is interesting though because the teams are so close these days, I could see this team finishing in the bottom five or making the playoffs next season. Really getting hard to predict.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

The Great One

I just can't get excited about anything regarding the Oilers right now. I mean, we have two 100 pt players on the roster, a new GM and a new coach, yet I can't get excited. I want to, I really do, but I'm so tired of disappointment. I remember being excited when Chiarelli and McLellan were hired, but that didn't work out so well.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I just can't get excited about anything regarding the Oilers right now. I mean, we have two 100 pt players on the roster, a new GM and a new coach, yet I can't get excited. I want to, I really do, but I'm so tired of disappointment. I remember being excited when Chiarelli and McLellan were hired too.
    I'm with you. I remember being very hyped that we "finally had an experienced and competent GM and Coach". I will continue to cheer for the team and hope for the best but at this point I just expect the worst...
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Administrator

It's the same problem as pre-McDavid. They have their high 1st round picks who (mostly) do well and everything else is garbage. This year their fourth-best forward (after the big three) was Chiasson at 38 points. Fifth-best was Kassian at 26. Two 100-point players and the team finished 20th in scoring. Not good.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

An interesting read about Tippett and his coaching style, should he end up being the coach of the Oilers.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...wh3P72-eQupQ8Y
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

If the price is right, why not. Cant be any worse than what's already there.

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/...v1hMw9u0jdeOiE

According to Kurt Leavins of the Edmonton Journal, the Oilers "have an eye on" German forward Frederik Tiffels after his performance at the world hockey championship.

Tiffels impressed the Oilers as he scored two goals and posted four points in eight games at the worlds, his third straight year attending the tournament. He played alongside Oilers top forward Leon Draisaitl, who could convince him to sign in Edmonton.

Back in 2015, Tiffels was selected in the sixth round, 167th overall by the Pittsburgh Penguins. He spent 12 games with the AHL's Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins in 2017-18 and 44 with the ECHL's Wheeling Nailers, but has yet to play a contest in the NHL.

In the summer of 2018, he ended up getting waived by the Pens and spent this year with Kölner Haie of the German Hockey League. In 27 games with Kolner, the 24-year-old posted six goals and 22 points while adding four goals and nine points in 11 playoff games.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

why not...I have no idea if this kid or Nygard are going to be impact players in the NHL, but at this point we have nothing to lose by trying something a little different. Obviously we haven't been able to draft some depth scoring, we haven't been able to acquire any via trade, and we've struck out via Free Agency.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Deity

Not to mention, if its a stop gap to give the kids in the AHL more time. why not.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Hey Oiler fans, came across an article from the Edmonton Journal talking about how the Lucic-Neal deal came about. This little nugget was in there:

"Meanwhile, as all the above was transpiring, James Neal has been working out all off-season with conditioning guru Gary Roberts…Neal bound and determined that there will not be a repeat of his shortened Summer of 2018. Alongside Neal for much of that time at same Roberts’ camp? Connor McDavid."

Definitely worth a flyer in your drafts. Let's just keep this between us...lol!

https://edmontonjournal.com/sports/h...box=1563614762
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Pro

“Best shape of his life”. Never heard that before lol

The Great One

ah well...it is encouraging (I guess) that a 31 year old who hasn't scored over 50 pts in 4 years has finally decided to take his off-season conditioning seriously. No matter what, Neal will be an upgrade on Lucic.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    “Best shape of his life”. Never heard that before lol
    Yeah, but Gary Roberts...!!! lol
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Yeah, but Gary Roberts...!!! lol
    I know Roberts is a guru, but Neal’s problem wasn’t physical. He was more or less disengaged all season. I think the low shooting percentage was just as much a function of that as bad luck.

The Great One

If McDavid can make Alex Chiasson relevent Neal should be in for a very good season. The guy has always had talent. At 31 and coming into camp raring to go and in shape I think this is a fantastic pick up by Edmonton! And they got rid of the boat anchor that is Lucic at the same time! Holland totally scored here.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Giant

Viewing James Neal in a vacuum isn't the correct way to view this trade for Edmonton. Sure, if they had their choice of options then Neal wasn't going to be very high on that list, but getting rid of Lucic was never going to be easy. There was always going to be a poison pill from another team coming back, and as far as that goes Neal is definitely worth betting on. He had his share of issues last season, but this is a player with upside on a much more palatable contract who fits the profile of exactly what the team needs (goal scoring / wingers). He has experience playing on either wing, and has had success/chemistry with elite playmakers in the past (hello, Malkin).

If it doesn't work out, it's a contract you can actually buy out. I think the threshold for this deal "working" for the Oilers is quite low. If he puts up 20 goals and 40 points, he's easily a top-six winger for that club and the move is seen as a wild success. I don't think I would want this guy in fantasy, outside of a streaming option in multi-cat leagues with shots/PIM, but he's likely going to be playing decent minutes with McDavid-Draisaitl or RNH. He could even be a PP option. Holland did really well on this one.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin