Page 250 of 370 FirstFirst ... 150 200 240 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 260 300 350 ... LastLast
Results 3,736 to 3,750 of 5547

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Not unexpectedly Bob Nicholson has confirmed that Ken Hitchcock will not return to coach the Oilers next season.

Dobber Sports Jedi

no gm... no coach... Edm going to be busy during the playoffs
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Not unexpectedly Bob Nicholson has confirmed that Ken Hitchcock will not return to coach the Oilers next season.
    This is not true. Nicholson said that Hitchcock will be with the Oilers next season but it will be up to the new GM to decide on his role.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    This is not true. Nicholson said that Hitchcock will be with the Oilers next season but it will be up to the new GM to decide on his role.
    What I said is true by Mark Spektor's tweet

Mark Spector@SportsnetSpec
    Hitchcock’s time as coach of the Oilers is over with the season being completed, Nicholson said.

But you're correct, the Oilers official statement so far is merely

Edmonton Oilers@EdmontonOilers
    Bob Nicholson says Ken Hitchcock will be with the #Oilers in some fashion moving forward but his future as a coach will be up to the team's new GM.

Neither actually contains a quote of what was specifically said.

Dobber Sports Ninja

It will likely be Keith Gretzky, with Lowe and MacTavish and the boys all hanging around for cigars and drinks every week. McDavid will ask for a trade within the next couple seasons when nothing changes.

Dobber Sports Deity

I'd prefer it not to be Gretzky, but other than his last name, he has nothing to do with the OBC.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

That's the rub with Keith Gretzky, we could/would be a serious GM candidate anywhere but his last name would loom large over him in Edmonton. He would have to have a mistake free, cup laden career in Edmonton before he is to be taken seriously. I'm not even sure Yzerman, who apparently walks on water and can get any NHL job that he wants, can step into the Oiler's GM role and hope for realistic total success ie win a cup.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    That's the rub with Keith Gretzky, we could/would be a serious GM candidate anywhere but his last name would loom large over him in Edmonton. He would have to have a mistake free, cup laden career in Edmonton before he is to be taken seriously. I'm not even sure Yzerman, who apparently walks on water and can get any NHL job that he wants, can step into the Oiler's GM role and hope for realistic total success ie win a cup.
    But he's not though. Keith Gretzky would not be a serious GM candidate in any other market in the league. Saying he has nothing to do with the OBC is quite the taek.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Mike Gillis denied reports on TSN1040 over the weekend he's had any contact with Edm whatsoever.

If they do contact him, I expect him to reject the job.
    He wants everyone to be on the same page, be creative, think outside the box and experiment.
    He was a very innovative thinker with Vancouver.
    He also wants a specific level of autonomy on player decisions.

I'm not sure Edm fits this wish-list at all

Let's face it, until all the 80's Oilers are only seen by their numbers/names hanging from the rafters.... Edm will stay unfixed
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

I'll be surprised if they don't contact him. They're going to throw a pretty wide net.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Mike Gillis denied reports on TSN1040 over the weekend he's had any contact with Edm whatsoever.

He wants everyone to be on the same page, be creative, think outside the box and experiment.

Let's face it, until all the 80's Oilers are only seen by their numbers/names hanging from the rafters.... Edm will stay unfixed
    I fail to see why anyone with any self-respect would take any job with the Oilers at this point. Unless there is a wholesale purge of everyone in the organization it's not worth it. And Katz would lose his drinking buddies, so no chance that happens.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    But he's not though. Keith Gretzky would not be a serious GM candidate in any other market in the league. Saying he has nothing to do with the OBC is quite the taek.
    I won't claim that the OBC taint has not touched all levels of OEG, but many 3rd party sources feel that Keith Gretzky has been consistently a step apart from them and might even have his own mind of on to be a GM, assistant or otherwise. At any rate the hiring of someone last name Gretzky will be too bad of an optic to sell to Edmonton fans.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post

The name Mike Gillis still prompts many questions from those outside of Vancouver. Could be he is pre-emptingly rejecting a job offer before Oiler's have to admit he never made the shortlist

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I fail to see why anyone with any self-respect would take any job with the Oilers at this point. Unless there is a wholesale purge of everyone in the organization it's not worth it. And Katz would lose his drinking buddies, so no chance that happens.
    I would grab that job in a flash! And so would you and anyone else posting on a fantasy hockey forum...

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    I would grab that job in a flash! And so would you and anyone else posting on a fantasy hockey forum...
    disagree

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust