Page 240 of 370 FirstFirst ... 140 190 230 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 250 290 340 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 5547

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Smart move by management. He wasn't getting enough icetime to warrant keeping him up at this point, playing at a bottom pairing rate.

I hate sending him back to basically fiddle-fart in the OHL for another year but if they weren't going to use him in a high end position, no sense wasting a year on that ELC. Not to mention, he should be a big part of Team Canada.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

phew...I drafted Klefbom with my last pick, instead of Bouchard, and I was a little worried that at some point this season Bouchard would steal the top PP job from Klefbom. Guess I don't have to worry any longer.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Stud

Any chance Koskinen steals the job??

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by lektrix View Post
    Any chance Koskinen steals the job??
    This is like asking if Halak will steal the job in Boston, only Halak has started more games to this point.

So far, in the two games that Koskinen has played in, he's done well. They brought him in to alleviate the workload from Cam Talbot because Talbot is their guy. I don't think that changes any time soon. That being said, as long as Koskinen continues to play well, he will get starts.

Steal starts? Maybe. Steal the job? Unlikely. I think Oilers fans are happy as long as ONE of them are winning games and don't really care who it is.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Interesting read on Puljujarvi for those interested:

https://thehockeywriters.com/jesse-p...ilers-condors/
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Sage

Anyone thinking this California trip is do or die for McLellan? It feels like we're awful close to that point.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Master

It certainly looks that way, though who is a better candidate than he? Don’t say Quenneville because I don’t believe he’s going there. Certainly not this year. Reminds me of the Randy Cunneyworth situation in MTL a few years back, when the team had absolutely no direction and arguably the best player in the league (Price) at the time.

Dobber Sports Sage

Well I guess we get to see what Hitchcock does with them..

Forwards:

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

The Great One

I'm so depressed about the Oilers. I don't think Hitchcock changes anything. There will probably be a short-term turnaround, but this team just isn't built to win. It is sad, because some of the pieces are there. They have solid depth at the center position (which all teams covet), and I still feel that Klefbom, Nurse, and Larsson are legit dmen who can each play 20 mins a night. Talbot has the potential to give them league average goal-tending (which considering there are very few top goalies in the league any longer, we can't really ask for much more). The supporting cast isn't very good and we are still missing (and probably always will be) a #1 dman. I don't know what anyone can do to change the situation. Chiarelli had the best chance when he opted to trade Hall and waste money on players like Lucic and Russel. I appreciate that he tried, but he ultimately failed miserably and now I don't see much hope. The best we can hope for is to wait for Bouchard to mature and maybe we can challenge for a cup in 3 or 4 years. It is hard to be patient when we have the best player in the league and we are wasting his talent.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Deity

Good read on Hitchcock's first game behind the bench and how he deployed his lines. I agree with the Puljujarvi comments as well.

https://twitter.com/JasonGregor/stat...049515008?s=19

The Great One

That was a really interesting article. I'm not sure if a new system and new lines will help them make the playoffs, but it can't hurt. I think we are, unfortunately, a couple of players short of being a real contender and I don't see us finding those players via free agency or trade. All we can hope for is a couple of our prospects to pan out.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    That was a really interesting article. I'm not sure if a new system and new lines will help them make the playoffs, but it can't hurt. I think we are, unfortunately, a couple of players short of being a real contender and I don't see us finding those players via free agency or trade. All we can hope for is a couple of our prospects to pan out.
    If Talbot could make a few saves, that would help. Its hard to judge the D when your goalie is full of holes, quite possibility an overrated piece of crap former backup who had one decent year. Doesnt look like he can turn it around and now with Koskinen playin ok, and making some key saves, Talbot looks done for. Just the kind of goalie that ends up in Philly, Carolina, etc next year.

Oilers need Bob for next year.

O-Dawg said it best "when you trade a player and he wins the MVP the next year" that grounds for dismissal - why is the GM still there? In hindsight the Oilers were better off with full throttle offence with Eberle and Hall inserted back in the lineup. What a circus.

Go Koskinen!
    KFHL - 14 Team H2H keeper,NHLsalcap, protect 17/20, (4D, 3X(C,RW,LW), 2G, filler to 20, plus 2IR) ten waivers picks per season.
    Cats Skaters: G/A/Pts/BLK/HITS/SOG/PIM/GWG/SHP/PPP; Goalies W/SO/GAA/SvPct/SOG
    C: Crosby, Kadri, RNH, Roslovic
    LW: Hall, Lindblom, Kubalic, Bratt, Lemieux, Gurianov
    RW: Palmieri, Niederreiter dropping soon, Wheeler
    D: Chabot, Josi, Gustafsson, Krug, McNabb
    G: Rask, Bishop, Binnington

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by tropheus_guy View Post
    If Talbot could make a few saves, that would help. Its hard to judge the D when your goalie is full of holes, quite possibility an overrated piece of crap former backup who had one decent year. Doesnt look like he can turn it around and now with Koskinen playin ok, and making some key saves, Talbot looks done for. Just the kind of goalie that ends up in Philly, Carolina, etc next year.

Oilers need Bob for next year.

O-Dawg said it best "when you trade a player and he wins the MVP the next year" that grounds for dismissal - why is the GM still there? In hindsight the Oilers were better off with full throttle offence with Eberle and Hall inserted back in the lineup. What a circus.

Go Koskinen!
    I'd love to see Bobrovsky in Edmonton but his next contract is going to be filthy. Oilers have enough of those.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Puljujarvi called back up. I’m sure that’s just what his development needs. Was just starting to get comfortable and get a bit of a foothold in the A

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Puljujarvi called back up. I’m sure that’s just what his development needs. Was just starting to get comfortable and get a bit of a foothold in the A
    No indication on where he slots into the lineup but one defensive blunder(which you know is coming) and I'm betting hitch gives him 8 minutes in return. Id rather see him stay down and take another look in the new year if he plays well.

Forwards:

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):