Page 225 of 370 FirstFirst ... 125 175 215 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 235 275 325 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 5545

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    And a proud weiner I am.
    sorry I couldn't resist....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    And a proud wiener I am.
    I guess you have to be proud of something.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    A scoring winger is exactly one of the main pieces the Oilers need (cue the wieners who bring up Hall/Eberle) and looking to acquire right now.
    Not looking to take shots at the Hall/Eberle thing. Whatever, it's past now.

Don't you have to count on Puljujarvi being what you hoped he would be, and therefore take the defenceman? Legit curious on your opinion. Like Oilers could still make the playoffs, or they could draft in the 10-14 range, so this is all speculative, but if you're deciding between Boqvist and Zadina, don't you take Boqvist and assume you already have Zadina in Puljujarvi?

The Great One

Oilers are not making the playoffs this year.

The league is too good for them to go, what, .800 the rest of the way?

Dobber Sports All-Star

They'll be fine once Sekera gets back in the line up. Oh. He's back? Didn't notice.

Like I said in another thread, no one can use excuses seeing what Vegas has done ALL year long. I imagine the ownership has more greed than ego and thats working out perfectly. Quite embarrasing how underachieving this team has been. I, as i'm sure most people, expected this team to take the next step. Too bad really. I know this may all change next year, but I have my doubts.....and, although its against my beliefs, please, rig the draft so they don't get the 1st overall. Can't even believe this is a topic.

Dobber Sports Master

A team with supposedly the best player in the World playing this badly...a) cannot continue or b) can continue and he's not so good as to elevate the team... even then, Pittsburgh missed the playoffs when Crosby was a teen... Ovechkin too... but were those teams as bad as this one? One has to think no...
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    A team with supposedly the best player in the World playing this badly...a) cannot continue or b) can continue and he's not so good as to elevate the team... even then, Pittsburgh missed the playoffs when Crosby was a teen... Ovechkin too... but were those teams as bad as this one? One has to think no...
    I think that Pittsburgh team was worse, to be honest.

I'm not a fan of what Chiarelli's done since he got to Edmonton, but I can't figure out right now whether it's that he's made the wrong moves, put value on the wrong players, or those players are just having a down season. Guys like Klefbom and Talbot are performing nowhere near where the expectation was for them coming out of the last couple seasons. Their roster has among the best top-6's on paper, but they just can't seem to put two lucky shifts together. Also, Talbot going into this season was seen as one of the top options available in the league, and he's not even league average right now. If you take the Oilers' luck-based numbers and adjust them to league average, all of a sudden they're scoring almost another half goal per game, and giving up almost a full goal less. Something's gotta give. Not saying I think they can still squeeze out a playoff run, but I can only assume there's going to be some solid market-correction for the goal scorers as well as the goaltending... Unless they don't improve, and then the draft pick talks will really heat up I'm sure.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Not looking to take shots at the Hall/Eberle thing. Whatever, it's past now.

Don't you have to count on Puljujarvi being what you hoped he would be, and therefore take the defenceman? Legit curious on your opinion. Like Oilers could still make the playoffs, or they could draft in the 10-14 range, so this is all speculative, but if you're deciding between Boqvist and Zadina, don't you take Boqvist and assume you already have Zadina in Puljujarvi?
    It's a fair point (thank you) and I don't disagree with you. I don't think either guy would be a bad choice. A lot will depend on how far along they feel Yamamoto is too. The only issue taking Boqvist would be how long they are willing to wait for him and how NHL ready they think he is. Zadina is a RW (as is Puljujarvi and Yamamoto) so they need help on the left side more than the right going forward.

It's nice to finally see Puljujarvi coming into his own and shooting the puck more with confidence. ;

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Or did McDavid just get worn down and he can't keep carrying them all by himself?
    If its that option then Talbot is just as responsible last year as McDavid, and as guilty this year, more so.

ps. Its over. Sell off rentals asap.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolo View Post
    I think that Pittsburgh team was worse, to be honest.

I'm not a fan of what Chiarelli's done since he got to Edmonton, but I can't figure out right now whether it's that he's made the wrong moves, put value on the wrong players, or those players are just having a down season. Guys like Klefbom and Talbot are performing nowhere near where the expectation was for them coming out of the last couple seasons. Their roster has among the best top-6's on paper, but they just can't seem to put two lucky shifts together. Also, Talbot going into this season was seen as one of the top options available in the league, and he's not even league average right now. If you take the Oilers' luck-based numbers and adjust them to league average, all of a sudden they're scoring almost another half goal per game, and giving up almost a full goal less. Something's gotta give. Not saying I think they can still squeeze out a playoff run, but I can only assume there's going to be some solid market-correction for the goal scorers as well as the goaltending... Unless they don't improve, and then the draft pick talks will really heat up I'm sure.
    I'm with you on the correction. No way they stay this bad all year and yet while I keep saying that, they find ways to win 4, lose 5. Win 1, lose 3... Man, so frustrating.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    If its that option then Talbot is just as responsible last year as McDavid, and as guilty this year, more so.

ps. Its over. Sell off rentals asap.
    Hey man, my Dynasty season's as good as done (seriously, I'm poised to finish 5th of 9 for the third year in a row, killin me). I'm all aboard the buy-low train. Got Lucic for a song not long ago, and now I'm working on Drai and Klefbom. We'll see if I can swing something, but the owner for those two is in 2nd and has a solid chance of catching 1st. Hopefully I can convince him to shed some guys on bad seasons for overproducers like Bailey off my roster.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Wizard

It's a fair point (thank you) and I don't disagree with you. I don't think either guy would be a bad choice. A lot will depend on how far along they feel Yamamoto is too. The only issue taking Boqvist would be how long they are willing to wait for him and how NHL ready they think he is. Zadina is a RW (as is Puljujarvi and Yamamoto) so they need help on the left side more than the right going forward.

It's nice to finally see Puljujarvi coming into his own and shooting the puck more with confidence. ;
    Like most wingers, Zadina can definitely play both wings. Left Wing or Right Wing should never be an issue with young kids regardless. If they wanted to have Puljujarvi or Yamamoto playing on the left side, that really shouldn't be an issue either.

Boqvist will definitely require more time than any of Svechnikov, Zadina or Tkachuk. In my opinion, the entry draft should not be used to plug holes on current NHL roster. You want to draft the player who will have the most value for the next 15 years, not just next season. But I also understand some GMs are afraid they'll lose their job, so they'll focus on the short-term gain more than they should.

For what it's worth, Craig Button and Recrutes.ca have Boqvist ranked #2, and both lists are updated after the WJC.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Like most wingers, Zadina can definitely play both wings. Left Wing or Right Wing should never be an issue with young kids regardless. If they wanted to have Puljujarvi or Yamamoto playing on the left side, that really shouldn't be an issue either.

Boqvist will definitely require more time than any of Svechnikov, Zadina or Tkachuk. In my opinion, the entry draft should not be used to plug holes on current NHL roster. You want to draft the player who will have the most value for the next 15 years, not just next season. But I also understand some GMs are afraid they'll lose their job, so they'll focus on the short-term gain more than they should.

For what it's worth, Craig Button and Recrutes.ca have Boqvist ranked #2, and both lists are updated after the WJC.
    If it is a high (top five-ish) pick, I don't think it's out of the question to hope they can jump right in and contribute. It doesn't always work but it shouldn't be out of the question. Good chance, if you are drafting that high, you have the holes to fill.

Dobber Sports Wizard

If it is a high (top five-ish) pick, I don't think it's out of the question to hope they can jump right in and contribute. It doesn't always work but it shouldn't be out of the question. Good chance, if you are drafting that high, you have the holes to fill.
    Sure, there's a good chance they're ready to play but you shouldn't be making draft decisions based on current needs on your NHL roster, that's all I'm saying.

Dobber Sports Jedi

They seem to have holes on D still and now on wing. They should be taking the BPA. period.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4