Page 212 of 370 FirstFirst ... 112 162 202 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 222 262 312 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 5547

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    How is Lucic going to play both wings on the 2nd line? I?m impressed.
    Autocorrect...the 2nd line is

Lucic - RNH - Yamamoto

Dobber Sports Expert

Didn't see much of game. Just wondering how Russell is being employed. Notice he got a G&A with 1 PPA. Is he getting some offensive looks or just a RARE FEAT?

Dobber Sports Icon

He replaced Matt Benning on the 2nd PP in the latter part of the game as Benning was terrible yesterday. He continues to be a mainstay on the 2nd pairing.

Dobber Sports Icon

Lineup update - projected for tonight's game against Winnipeg

Maroon - McDavid - Draisaitl
    Lucic - RNH - Slepyshev
    Jokinen - Strome - Kassian
    Khaira - Letestu - Yamamot0 - Pakarinen (Khaira looks to be sitting out tonight)

Caggiula is day to day with an injury.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Remember when someone was projecting Ryan Strome with 72 points this season? Good times. He played just 10 minutes against Vancouver. I didn't watch the game, so was there an injury or is that just what they think of him?

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Remember when someone was projecting Ryan Strome with 72 points this season? Good times. He played just 10 minutes against Vancouver. I didn't watch the game, so was there an injury or is that just what they think of him?
    The Oilers took a ton of penalties in Vancouver and Stome also had a fighting major so those factors ate into his ice time. He was back to 14+min last night. But right now he isn't looking very good along with most of the team after 3 games.

Dobber Sports Icon

Line up at practice today:

Maroon - McDavid - Yamamoto
    Lucic - RNH - Strome
    Khaira - Letestu - Pakarinen
    Jokinen - Malone - Slepyshev
    Pakarinen as the extra forward

The Great One

Lucic - RNH - Strome

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Lucic - RNH - Strome
    The first Pakarinen should be Zack Kassian. That was faulty proof reading on my part as I just copied @ReidWilkins' tweet. He later corrected himself which I am now doing. Defence pairings were

Klefbom - Larsson
    Russell - Benning
    Nurse - Gryba

The Great One

So is there any room for optimisim for Jokinen as a darkhorse for 50ish?? Im guessing no...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    So is there any room for optimisim for Jokinen as a darkhorse for 50ish?? Im guessing no...
    I can't see it at the moment, but maybe once the offense starts rolling and injuries hit...oh wait Draisaitl's out. It's still very early to rule out a darkhorse, but it's not looking good.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ninja

(Double post from the Yamamoto thread... figured there is more Oilers knowledge in here)

Does Yamamoto have legit upside if he sticks with McD? (Assuming Drai is out for the forseeable future)

Debating whether to drop Eric Staal for him... as ridiculous as that sounds lol

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    (Double post from the Yamamoto thread... figured there is more Oilers knowledge in here)

Does Yamamoto have legit upside if he sticks with McD? (Assuming Drai is out for the forseeable future)

Debating whether to drop Eric Staal for him... as ridiculous as that sounds lol
    He does yes. He has shown (IMO) strong flashes of offensive brilliance. That being said I don't think their is any way he sticks past the 9 games. The Oilers are going to need cheap players starting next year, I don't think they can justify burning a year of Yamo's ELC for the minutes he has played so far.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports All-Star

I know its early but what is going on here? McDavid only has 3 assists and no goals in his last 4 games. No one else has more than 3 points when it seems like 25 % of the league is averaging a point a game. They have lost 3 in a row at home to Winnipeg, Ottawa and Carolina being outscored 16 to 6. Is this concerning? I'm sure they will turn it around but with this teams history the last 5 years or so, who knows.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    They really miss Sekera.
    Russell is miscast.
    I would say more about their D, but that would involved bringing up the Hall trade again...

Up front, they are not giving McD enough support. I'm sorry, but Maroon and a little kid with 5 games of pro experience is not fair to Connor. Give the guy some real wingers.
    They'll be fine up front, regardless. But they need somebody to step up on the back end, at least until Sekera helps stabilize things back there.
    Their offense in general is shitting the bed right now.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."