Page 2 of 266 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 52 102 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 3978

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

  1. #16
    Location
    Sudbury, Ontario
    Rep Power
    40

    Administrator

    Default

    Looking forward to the game Wednesday and counting on your for a game report. I'll be reporting on the Habs side.


    Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

  2. #17
    donions's Avatar
    donions is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,152
    Rep Power
    27

    Dobber Sports Pro

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Looking forward to the game Wednesday and counting on your for a game report. I'll be reporting on the Habs side.
    Yeah thats a matchup I always look forward to.

    Sorry for the lack of updates lately i'm in the final week of whats been the craziest work schedule of my life(12hour night-shifts for 4months) so things have been hectic.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

  3. #18
    donions's Avatar
    donions is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,152
    Rep Power
    27

    Dobber Sports Pro

    Default

    Nov 29 vs Sens recap

    Big win tonight to start the road trip. Martin Gerber wins his 2nd straight start and looked damn good doing it. Very calm in net and made key saves. The breakaway save on Alfredsson's shorthanded breakaway may have been a game saver.

    Good news for MPS owners, whenever Hemsky returns MPS may get another shot on his wing, not as a reward for his play but the trio of Cogliano-Brule-Penner has been very good and will not be split up anytime soon. The effort level of Cogs and Brule really forces Penner to step it up and it's paid off on the score-sheet.

    Hall-Horcoff-Eberle had a decent game, nothing too exciting but they cycled the puck well at times and didn't look out of place matched up against the Sens top players. Nice to see them get rewarded with an empty net goal after a perfectly executed breakout(something I havent seen much of from Edm this year)

    The powerplay continues to struggle without Hemsky, but thats to be expected. No update on Hemskys injury, theres been rumors it could be more serious then the Oilers are suggesting, but there's no evidence to support that. Hemsky said himself it's just a groin pull, and surprisingly it's his first groin pull in his career so he's taking it slow.

    I would like to formally apologize to every person that I told in the last few weeks to dump Tom Gilbert. He now has 5pts in 5gms and seems to be playing with confidence. He's still prone to defensive lapses, but his offensive decision making has been much better. I wont go as far as to suggest everyone should go grab him off the FA list, but keep an eye on him.

    next up; Carey Price and some other guys in Red and Blue.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

  4. #19
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default

    Hah hah I was thinking the same thing about Gilbert. I wish they could dump him though...

  5. #20
    Location
    Dryden, Ontario.
    Rep Power
    40

    Administrator

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Hah hah I was thinking the same thing about Gilbert. I wish they could dump him though...
    Oh God, me too. Don't like his salary or his play in his own end. That being said it isn't like there are really any better options coming up the pipeline.

    Also with Gilbert in terms of fantasy value, I'm people realized how to apply your recommendation for a drop. It's all about understanding the dynamic of your league. If you play in a really deep league where a 30 point defenseman is valuable then you probably shouldn't have been jumping ship on Gilbert. All it takes is a few hot streaks like this with a point or two sprinkled in between and he gets you to 30 points. On the other hand if you play in a league where 40 point defensemen are borderline worth owning, which is a lot of mine, then Gilbert is a guy that you should be cycling through your lineup depending on whether he is hot or not and the number of moves you are allowed to make. Guys like Gilbert, Timonen, Zidlicky all fall into this category. When they are hot or have a favourable schedule you pick them up and then drop them when they cool off. Finally there are leagues where only 45+ point defensemen are valuable and in this case only the cream of the crop should be owned. In both of the latter cases Gilbert should have been dropped long before you made any recommendations so it's just poor timing that he wound up putting this little streak together right after you said something.

    What I'm hoping is that people recognize how guys like Gilbert don't produce consistently and rather that it comes in bursts so figure out which of the three leagues you consider yourself in and react accordingly.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

    https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

  6. #21
    Location
    Ottawa
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Legend

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    Nov 29 vs Sens recap

    Big win tonight to start the road trip. Martin Gerber wins his 2nd straight start and looked damn good doing it. Very calm in net and made key saves. The breakaway save on Alfredsson's shorthanded breakaway may have been a game saver.

    Good news for MPS owners, whenever Hemsky returns MPS may get another shot on his wing, not as a reward for his play but the trio of Cogliano-Brule-Penner has been very good and will not be split up anytime soon. The effort level of Cogs and Brule really forces Penner to step it up and it's paid off on the score-sheet.

    Hall-Horcoff-Eberle had a decent game, nothing too exciting but they cycled the puck well at times and didn't look out of place matched up against the Sens top players. Nice to see them get rewarded with an empty net goal after a perfectly executed breakout(something I havent seen much of from Edm this year)

    The powerplay continues to struggle without Hemsky, but thats to be expected. No update on Hemskys injury, theres been rumors it could be more serious then the Oilers are suggesting, but there's no evidence to support that. Hemsky said himself it's just a groin pull, and surprisingly it's his first groin pull in his career so he's taking it slow.

    I would like to formally apologize to every person that I told in the last few weeks to dump Tom Gilbert. He now has 5pts in 5gms and seems to be playing with confidence. He's still prone to defensive lapses, but his offensive decision making has been much better. I wont go as far as to suggest everyone should go grab him off the FA list, but keep an eye on him.
    Nice summary donions. I was at the game tonight and apart from it being a boring game, only a couple things/players stood out for me.

    Gerber was solid and yes that short-handed breakaway save was likely a game saver.

    Cogliano and Brule played very well together. Penner was not all that impressive; the only good scoring chance he had, his stick broke on the shot!

    What you said about Horcoff-Hall-Eberle was bang on. Hall had some defensive lapses and his turnovers gave Ottawa some scoring chances. Rookies do that sometime, so he gets a little slack on that.

    Tom Gilbert tonight reminded me of Jack Johnson of two years ago. A rover who lacks defensive responsibility. He'd go into the offensive zone and stay there for an extended period, leaving the forward covering the point for far too long. He wasn't all that effective and should have looked to head back to his position much sooner than he did.

    The officials were pretty good tonight (and I don't say that often anymore), not calling a couple of what I thought were dives or at best, embellishments.

    As for Ottawa, I thought Phillips was solid, making several nice outlet passes. Kovalev - talented, but didn't really do anything of note. Gonchar, ditto. Regin, ditto, Alfredsson, ditto.

    Believe it or not Chris Neil stood out for me as the guy who worked his ass off and made things happen out there. In the first period, Foligno was excellent, but invisible in the last two periods except for attempting to draw a tripping penalty by wrapping his legs around an Oiler stick and falling down. Kudos to the refs for not calling that chicken shit crap.

    Fisher had some chances, but Gerber came up big.

    There were an awful lot of Oiler fans in attendance tonight! Go Oilers Go, could be heard several times and weren't always drowned out by Sens fans.
    1988 Nobel Peace Prize Winner

    https://www.nobelprize.org/prizes/pe...press-release/

    “Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

  7. #22
    littleranger's Avatar
    littleranger is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,591
    Location
    Niagara
    Rep Power
    23

    Dobber Sports Veteran

    Default

    Who do you see getting more PP Points by the end of the season - Gilbert or Foster? Do you see Foster getting anywhere close to his production last season?
    Follow me for some fantasy hockey, Jays tweets @thelandshock

  8. #23
    donions's Avatar
    donions is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,152
    Rep Power
    27

    Dobber Sports Pro

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by littleranger View Post
    Who do you see getting more PP Points by the end of the season - Gilbert or Foster? Do you see Foster getting anywhere close to his production last season?
    Is there a neither option?
    In all seriousness tho I dont see Foster coming close to his pace from last year, I owned Foster last year and most of his points came from feeding Stamkos on 1 side, and St.Louis on the other.
    If I had to choose 1 I'd lean towards Gilbert, straight points Gilbert will beat him, powerplay points who knows really, Foster usually comes out with the 1st unit, but there is no clear cut 1st or 2nd unit and Gilbert will still get his chances. Both are struggling in their own zone on a nightly basis, but pure offense I like Gilbert's game a lot more.
    Hope this helps.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

  9. #24
    Location
    Sudbury, Ontario
    Rep Power
    40

    Administrator

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    Is there a neither option?
    In all seriousness tho I dont see Foster coming close to his pace from last year, I owned Foster last year and most of his points came from feeding Stamkos on 1 side, and St.Louis on the other.
    If I had to choose 1 I'd lean towards Gilbert, straight points Gilbert will beat him, powerplay points who knows really, Foster usually comes out with the 1st unit, but there is no clear cut 1st or 2nd unit and Gilbert will still get his chances. Both are struggling in their own zone on a nightly basis, but pure offense I like Gilbert's game a lot more.
    Hope this helps.
    I agree here about Foster. Foster was a benefactor of a great offensive situation in Tampa. It's not so great in Edmonton right now. He should rebound as the team improves but that's probably 1-2 years away.


    Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

  10. #25
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default

    The team will only win by scoring lots, they are in no position to be scored any less!

  11. #26
    praba's Avatar
    praba is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,664
    Location
    toronto and ottaw
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Juggernaut

    Default

    should i drop foster for the likes of pietrangelo, fowler, clark, gilbert in a one year? stats are:

    goals, assists, +/-, pim, ppg, ppa, shp, gwg, sog, hit

  12. #27
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default

    I'm probably not the best person to ask regarding Oiler players, but I'd take Pietrangelo or Fowler right now - both are playing incredible hockey currently.

  13. #28
    donions's Avatar
    donions is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,152
    Rep Power
    27

    Dobber Sports Pro

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    should i drop foster for the likes of pietrangelo, fowler, clark, gilbert in a one year? stats are:

    goals, assists, +/-, pim, ppg, ppa, shp, gwg, sog, hit
    I agree with doulos. Go for 1 of the kids. Out of the 2 I'd lean towards Pietrangelo.
    Either are an upgrade on Foster.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

  14. #29
    praba's Avatar
    praba is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,664
    Location
    toronto and ottaw
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Juggernaut

    Default

    thanks guys!

  15. #30
    donions's Avatar
    donions is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,152
    Rep Power
    27

    Dobber Sports Pro

    Default

    Dec 1 vs Canadiens
    Recap: 4-3 OT win.

    What a game, one of the most exciting games I've watched in all the NHL this year. Back and forth action, good goaltending, physical play, this game had it all.
    Ill have a real game recap posted sometime tonight, for now I wanna watch the Flames Nucks game tho.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •