Page 183 of 370 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 193 233 283 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 5545

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Banned

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    In a heartbeat!! Ott would never do it, imo. I think you might be better off trying Yak/Schultz/3rd for Lazar/Cowen... and i dont know if Ott does that.
    I think that would be a very good trade and it saves Ottawa money by unloading Cowen's deal. We don't really need Yakupuv but he'd be an offensive upgrade on Lazar for the third line next season. Lazar could play his natural centre position in Edmonton. It doesn't look like he will score or put up points as we once thought but the chance is still there for the light-bulb to go on.

Ottawa was #2 in the Schultz sweepstakes and he might do well behind Karlsson. Who knows.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    How about Lazar for Schultz
    I'd make that trade in an instant, but I highly doubt it'd even be considered on Murray's side.

That was a joke, right...?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by marshal View Post
    I'd make that trade in an instant, but I highly doubt it'd even be considered on Murray's side.

That was a joke, right...?
    Not a joke. I would consider that. Sens need to add defense and take a gamble. If he still sucks, they didn't give up much.

True. Problem is, Schultz doesn't provide defence.

Banned

True. Problem is, Schultz doesn't provide defence.
    if he finds his offensive game that's what they need. They haven't had any offensive D since Gonchar other than Karlsson.

Dobber Sports Superstar

if he finds his offensive game that's what they need. They haven't had any offensive D since Gonchar other than Karlsson.
    That seems like the type of trade Schultz needs to be a part of, a swap of prospect "busts" who could improve when they get a fresh start. Schultz could potentially put up some offence if given the right spot but it's not going to be with the Oilers.

Are the Sens really ready to move on from Lazar already? 17th overall 3 years ago I'd of thought they would give him more time.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    That seems like the type of trade Schultz needs to be a part of, a swap of prospect "busts" who could improve when they get a fresh start. Schultz could potentially put up some offence if given the right spot but it's not going to be with the Oilers.

Are the Sens really ready to move on from Lazar already? 17th overall 3 years ago I'd of thought they would give him more time.
    i would trade him to fill a more important need so I don't think that's giving up on him. There just isn't much room here IMO. He has been playing RW so he would be the third line RW next season. He'd be better at C but there's no room for that especially with a better C in Colin White coming next year (not signed yet but I can't see him not being on the team).

Dobber Sports Superstar

i would trade him to fill a more important need so I don't think that's giving up on him. There just isn't much room here IMO. He has been playing RW so he would be the third line RW next season. He'd be better at C but there's no room for that especially with a better C in Colin White coming next year (not signed yet but I can't see him not being on the team).
    I see. Well I still think it would be a great deal for the Oilers, as Schultz is not in their long-term plans and Lazar might be. The organization and City does know him a little as he won a Memorial Cup with the Oil Kings in his final Junior season (they are owned by the Oilers). Also, McDavid played with him at the World Juniors. This trade would be right up there with when Chiarelli flipped a useless Scrivens for Kassian IMO. Work the phones EV, make it happen!
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

The Great One

I suspect Edmonton would happily trade Schultz for a late round pick. If they could land a hardworking character player like Lazar, that'd be amazing but highly doubtful. Maybe as part of a larger deal.

I guess Ottawa (or some other team) might still see some value in Schultz, but they'd be foolish to give up a solid prospect like Lazar for him.

When a guy like Lazar doesn't reach his potential, he can still be a hardworking, checking-line player and penalty killer.

When a guy like Schultz doesn't reach his potential, you are left with waiver fodder. Jonathon Blum...Stefan Elliott...David Rundblad...so many soft, offensively-gifted dmen never pan out at the NHL level.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Initiate

Not an Oilers fan, but I own Schultz in my league and didn't quite understand why he got bashed so much by Edmonton fans. Decided to watch the game this afternoon to find out... HOLY CRAP that guy is a turnover machine!! So soft defensively that he looks as though he doesn't care. Sort of reminds me of Subban, but without the offensive ability and flair.

I feel your pain now!
    On a fantasy hockey break.

Dobber Sports Genius

Schultz was awful yesterday....what a bust......so much hype on him before.....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Quote Originally Posted by Potatoeman View Post
    Not an Oilers fan, but I own Schultz in my league and didn't quite understand why he got bashed so much by Edmonton fans. Decided to watch the game this afternoon to find out... HOLY CRAP that guy is a turnover machine!! So soft defensively that he looks as though he doesn't care. Sort of reminds me of Subban, but without the offensive ability and flair.

I feel your pain now!
    Yup. This is probably why when some point fingers at management or coaching staff(s) as being the reason why Schultz hasn't developed into the player he was hyped to be, they're called out on it. Watch this guy on a game-to-game basis and his play is maddening. Still making the same mistakes he was when he started his pro career in the 2012-2013 season. Doesn't matter who's behind the bench or managing the team - Schultz will play his frustrating, soft, emotionless game. Oilers will be lucky to get a 4th-rounder for him in a couple weeks.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Yup. This is probably why when some point fingers at management or coaching staff(s) as being the reason why Schultz hasn't developed into the player he was hyped to be, they're called out on it. Watch this guy on a game-to-game basis and his play is maddening. Still making the same mistakes he was when he started his pro career in the 2012-2013 season. Doesn't matter who's behind the bench or managing the team - Schultz will play his frustrating, soft, emotionless game. Oilers will be lucky to get a 4th-rounder for him in a couple weeks.
    i don't understand that arguement at all, coaching is a huge part of player development. if he stayed in anaheim you can't tell me he wouldn't have been a better player than he is today. In hindsight Edmonton was the worst place he could have picked. Losing environment, huge expectations etc.

i'm like the only guy in this forum that think schultz could still be fantasy relevant on a different team...we'll find out next year i guess.

Dobber Sports Deity

For fantasy purposes, I can still see Schultz being relevant but in real life, he is painful to watch. He is a turnover machine and contributes to the painful play in his own end. Thankfully, most fantasy hockey leagues dont take away points for poor defensive play.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Monster

They may have lost 8-1 but...MCDAVID!

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry