Page 176 of 370 FirstFirst ... 76 126 166 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 186 226 276 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 5547

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

The Great One

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Great game for them last night. They are really starting to come together lately.

The line shuffling seems to have paid off, with Yakupov and McDavid looking extremely dangerous together last night.

I don't like Miller at all on the top line, but we know that is only a temporary situation until Eberle returns (and more likely sooner than that).
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

The Great One

I know they lost last night, but that was a great game for them. It has been a long time since Edmonton could hold their own against a "heavy" West coast team like LA. And they showed a nice ability to come back and almost tied the game in the dying seconds (FWIW, I think McDavid's shot actually crossed the line).

Gryba's giveaway was horrible, and although Talbot made some huge saves, he also let in three questionable goals. This could have easily been a win for the Oilers, but even with the loss there are reasons to be optimistic. They certainly weren't the door-mats we've seen in the past.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I know they lost last night, but that was a great game for them. It has been a long time since Edmonton could hold their own against a "heavy" West coast team like LA. And they showed a nice ability to come back and almost tied the game in the dying seconds (FWIW, I think McDavid's shot actually crossed the line).

Gryba's giveaway was horrible, and although Talbot made some huge saves, he also let in three questionable goals. This could have easily been a win for the Oilers, but even with the loss there are reasons to be optimistic. They certainly weren't the door-mats we've seen in the past.
    Was definitely a goal. At the same time, there's no way they could have called it a goal. Can't start using logic in place of conclusive picture/video evidence.

Dobber Sports Initiate

the CBS site my league is on is reporting that Schultz left the game and didn't return. Does anyone here know any more (severity, length of absence)? I have to lock in my weekly line up and I'm wondering if I should bench him or not (the alternative being Dan Hamhuis...).

Thanks!
    On a fantasy hockey break.

The Great One

Another well-fought game, despite the loss. I hate that we are losing these games, but at the same time I like the effort on the ice in back-to-back games against tough Western Conference teams.

Nurse looked pretty damn good, I'd say. I doubt he sticks with the big club once the injured players return, but he must be on the team next year for sure, I imagine.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Ninja

McDavid is already the best player in the league. Wouldn't be surprised to see him win the Art Ross by the end of the year. The years of being an annoying and cocky Oiler fan are not far away. I've suffered through enough.

Dobber Sports Deity

Gotta love watching the Oilers beat the Scabs. It's going to be a good day at work with all the Scab lovers I work with.

Get ready for the flood of threads today of people looking to acquire Draisaitl. His value just jumped again last night after his two goal performance.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

I can't believe the Oilers came back. After it was 3-0, I was thinking why did I play Talbot but he still got me the win

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rangerfan2430 View Post
    I can't believe the Oilers came back. After it was 3-0, I was thinking why did I play Talbot but he still got me the win
    I can. Carey Price can't win in Edmonton.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I can. Carey Price can't win in Edmonton.
    Ya but still, you don't see many teams that go 9-1 give up 3 goal leads

The Great One

What a great comeback. I just love the character this team is showing. They don't always get positive results, but they are showing a solid effort. They almost (should have) come back against LA, played a tough game against Minny, and then the comeback win against the top team (and best goalie) in the league. Just love it.

I agree that McDavid is already one of the best players in the league. I knew he would be, and am laughing at all the people out there who said McDavid wouldn't make a difference. From the moment he was drafted, we were able to bring in new management and coaching, we were then able to sign some free agents (which in the past has been hard to do), and on the ice he is clearly the offensive leader of this team. He is carrying this team offensively, and even turning Yakupov into an NHL player.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    McDavid is already the best player in the league. Wouldn't be surprised to see him win the Art Ross by the end of the year.
    I agree...funny how quickly things change. Four games into the season and McDavid had one point while Eichel had 2, and some people were saying that Eichel was the better player. LOL
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    What a great comeback. I just love the character this team is showing. They don't always get positive results, but they are showing a solid effort. They almost (should have) come back against LA, played a tough game against Minny, and then the comeback win against the top team (and best goalie) in the league. Just love it.

I agree that McDavid is already one of the best players in the league. I knew he would be, and am laughing at all the people out there who said McDavid wouldn't make a difference. From the moment he was drafted, we were able to bring in new management and coaching, we were then able to sign some free agents (which in the past has been hard to do), and on the ice he is clearly the offensive leader of this team. He is carrying this team offensively, and even turning Yakupov into an NHL player.
    Edmonton is 4-7. If that's the "difference" you're looking for, well all the power to you

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Edmonton is 4-7. If that's the "difference" you're looking for, well all the power to you
    McDavid is making a huge difference. I thought the team would be 0-11 right now.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    All steps in the right direction. Considering all the injuries the Oilers have right now, this was a big win over one of the hottest teams in the league and certainly something to build on.