Page 163 of 370 FirstFirst ... 63 113 153 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 173 213 263 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 5547

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Well poop.....

https://twitter.com/SportsnetSpec/st...31785716441090

MAcTavish doesn't verbalize, but it's clear: EDM made contract overtures, but Petry wants to go UFA. He WILL be traded.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCanuck View Post
    As a writer you are aware of the power of words. The use of the word midget is, for Little People, equated with any other hate word someone might use to describe a minority group. I simply ask you: if you were to see Little People children would you take away their humanity in the same way with the use of such a hate word?

We can discuss Petry versus Methot more if you'd like. In the meantime, and I ask this respectfully, can you consider rewording your quoted post above or even deleting it. You may not see it, and one can see you were using the m-word metaphorically, but it is offensive regardless.
    UGH

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by spoilers View Post
    UGH
    Roddy Piper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

if draft lottery changes nothing and Buffalo/Edmonton are 1 and 2, who do the oilers select? I assumed Eichel is guaranteed #2 but its hard to see the oilers passing on Hanifin. Do they take Eichel, Hanifin, or trade down to take Hanifin?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    if draft lottery changes nothing and Buffalo/Edmonton are 1 and 2, who do the oilers select? I assumed Eichel is guaranteed #2 but its hard to see the oilers passing on Hanifin. Do they take Eichel, Hanifin, or trade down to take Hanifin?
    Eichel. Period. You take the best player available.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Eichel. Period. You take the best player available.
    This, but I'd have to think they'd seriously look in to trading down to #3 and getting an asset from the Coyotes and Hanifin.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    This, but I'd have to think they'd seriously look in to trading down to #3 and getting an asset from the Coyotes and Hanifin.
    Only way I do that is if Arizona offers their other 1st this year plus at least the Rangers 1st next year or swap rights next year. I like Eichel that much. But I'm not making the decisions.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Only way I do that is if Arizona offers their other 1st this year plus at least the Rangers 1st next year or swap rights next year. I like Eichel that much. But I'm not making the decisions.
    Sure, I'm not totally going to speculate cost. But you have to admit how big Edmonton's need for Hanifin is. I totally agree, BPA always. When you're picking third overall, everything is your need. I just think Hanifin + Quality Asset (maybe Domi/Duclair, or Gormley, or another first round pick, whatever it is) is and should be more valuable to Edmonton than Eichel.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Sure, I'm not totally going to speculate cost. But you have to admit how big Edmonton's need for Hanifin is. I totally agree, BPA always. When you're picking third overall, everything is your need. I just think Hanifin + Quality Asset (maybe Domi/Duclair, or Gormley, or another first round pick, whatever it is) is and should be more valuable to Edmonton than Eichel.
    Edmonton's need for Eichel is as glaring.

Dobber Sports Deity

I've been saying it for the past two drafts; the Oilers greatest need is down the middle, even after drafting Draisaitl last year. Their organizational depth down the middle is brutal.

If the Oilers are sitting at #2, Eichel shouldn't even been a second thought.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

Oesterle returned to OKC today. Good experience for him up with the big club. Nikitin must be ready to return.

https://twitter.com/TheChrisWescott/...48086928605185

#Oilers have assigned Jordan Oesterle to OKC.

The Great One

We have this same debate every year, don't we? Fact is that nothing has changed over the years and we still need dmen and centers just as much as ever. A case "could" be made for either Eichel or Hanifin, but considering how elite a prospect Eichel is, I'd be shocked if he wasn't taken 2nd overall.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Gotta be Eichel.

Dobber Sports Icon

Eichel is heads and shoulders better than Hanifin at this stage of their careers. He is also much more NHL ready than Hanifin is (mostly due to position). If it was a year where there was some question in who the second best prospect is you may look at positional needs but when it's Eichel vs Hanifin, you take Eichel. The Oilers need NHL calibre dmen right now and not 4 years from now when Hanifin could be a solid NHL player. Who knows what the Oiler roster looks at that far down the road.

The Great One

Recent rumor suggests that the Oilers might even consider Marner over Hanifin if they drop to the 3rd pick.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98