Page 157 of 370 FirstFirst ... 57 107 147 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 167 207 257 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 5547

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Or read Lowtide's blog. Both sites should give you solid feedback.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

And another blown lead to ensure one of Eichel/McDavid land in Edmonton next Fall. Overall they looked decent, but similar to the LA game, Calgary took it to them in the third period.

The Great One

After watching the WJHC, I am convinced Nurse is going to be the #1 dman we've long waited for. Even before this tournament, I knew he had massive potential. He is big, can skate extremely well (especially for his size), has a decent shot, and most importantly knows how to play defense. What really convinced me, however, was the way he essentially took over the game in the third period last night. He was utterly dominate in the defensive zone. He got downright nasty. You can tell this guy is a winner and will battle hard. We haven't had a dman like that since Pronger, and I can't wait till Nurse hits his prime. I'm not convinced he is going to be an offensive force, but I really don't care about that. I just want someone who can patrol the defensive zone and keep the damn puck out of our net.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Ninja

Enjoyed his defensive game and his incredibly competitive nature. Not sure he'll have much offense to his game, even though he does seem to jump up into the play quite a bit. Looks great the Jr level, but he's still quite raw and I'm unsure what the Oilers will have in him long term.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Enjoyed his defensive game and his incredibly competitive nature. Not sure he'll have much offense to his game, even though he does seem to jump up into the play quite a bit. Looks great the Jr level, but he's still quite raw and I'm unsure what the Oilers will have in him long term.
    I agree with SeaDawg in that he is certainly looking the part of a #1D. But he is very raw yes. It could be 5 or more years before we see that Nurse in the NHL. Which is sadly just the reality of both how long defensemen take to develop and how bad Edmonton has seemed to be at developing their players.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I agree with SeaDawg in that he is certainly looking the part of a #1D. But he is very raw yes. It could be 5 or more years before we see that Nurse in the NHL. Which is sadly just the reality of both how long defensemen take to develop and how bad Edmonton has seemed to be at developing their players.
    How did the Oilers screw up Nurse now as well? He seems to be the one guy they have taken the right approach with. Sent him back to the OHL, let him have a couple NHL games (as well as a few AHL games). Likely going to start in the AHL next year. I'm all for blaming the Oilers for pretty much everything, but they seem to have done okay with Nurse.

Dobber Sports Deity

I am just glad to see the Oilers are actually playing it slow with him and allowing him to develop. Very "non-Oiler" type of move with one of their key prospects.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    How did the Oilers screw up Nurse now as well? He seems to be the one guy they have taken the right approach with. Sent him back to the OHL, let him have a couple NHL games (as well as a few AHL games). Likely going to start in the AHL next year. I'm all for blaming the Oilers for pretty much everything, but they seem to have done okay with Nurse.
    I'm not saying they did screw him up, or that they will screw him up. I'm saying he will likely take longer to develop in the Oiler's system then in another system because even when he gets to the NHL, he doesn't have a veteran mentor to lean on and learn from.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I think Nurse will eventually develop into a top pairing dman for the Oilers as well. What scares me is the fact he'll get rushed into that role as we have no capable dmen to play against other teams best lines. Petry is the only one who can. If he's willing to stay I'd give him 5mil per easily for five or so years. Not sure there'll be any better replacement on the FA or trade market this summer.

Would it be worth trying to flip Pittsburgh's first and some other assets for Myers (assuming he is still playing like a top 4 d and is available)?
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by deantime419 View Post
    I think Nurse will eventually develop into a top pairing dman for the Oilers as well. What scares me is the fact he'll get rushed into that role as we have no capable dmen to play against other teams best lines. Petry is the only one who can. If he's willing to stay I'd give him 5mil per easily for five or so years. Not sure there'll be any better replacement on the FA or trade market this summer.

Would it be worth trying to flip Pittsburgh's first and some other assets for Myers (assuming he is still playing like a top 4 d and is available)?
    I think that getting Myers that cheap is wishful thinking. Would likely require the Oilers' first to get it done. That's how the Sabres are valuing him anyhow.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I think that getting Myers that cheap is wishful thinking. Would likely require the Oilers' first to get it done. That's how the Sabres are valuing him anyhow.
    Yeah, fair point on Myers. He is averaging nearly three minutes more per game than the next Sabre. He's getting over three minutes on BOTH special teams (tops in PK and 2nd most avg mins on PP). That and he's tied for the best plus/minus on the team for players who've played more than 20 games, sitting at a minus-5 on a team of double digit minuses. Oh yeah, he's also an inch shorter than Zdeno Chara and only 24 years old. It would be nice to see Myers in an Oiler uniform, but not at the cost of our upcoming first round pick. Yeah, Pittsburgh's pick+, sure, but the Sabres GM is a pretty smart cookie. Here's hoping that the Oilers, ahem, brain trust (yeah, I just threw up a LOT there) can make some BOLD moves without bold meaning stupid or panic.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

The Great One

Would love to have Myers on the Oilers, but I doubt they'd be willing to pay the price. I doubt he gets traded anywhere, to be honest, because he is simply too valuable to the Sabres and I don't see any team paying what it would take to land him.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Monster

Wow Oilers...seem to have turned a corner as of late! Derek Roy seems to be a great fit

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Would love to have Myers on the Oilers, but I doubt they'd be willing to pay the price. I doubt he gets traded anywhere, to be honest, because he is simply too valuable to the Sabres and I don't see any team paying what it would take to land him.
    Personally, I am not a fan of his game at all. I remember watching a bunch of Sabres games last year and he looked like a fish out of water every time the puck hit his stick, especially in his own end. He just didn't look like he really knew what he was doing. Sure he's 6 foot something, a right handed shot and has a Calder trophy, but other than that, he doesn't do anything for me, not for the money he's making.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Watching the Oilers play Florida tonight and I like the effort level I'm seeing, even though it's 3-2 Florida nearly halfway through the third. Still, don't want them to do tooo well, if ya know what I mean!?
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket