Page 15 of 370 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 65 115 ... LastLast

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Genius

RNH should stay up. I'm sorry, but when a guy is at a point-per-game pace to start the season off, with a hat-trick, you keep him up. I'd like to see where this team will be in the future. I can't wait for the next oil change to come on NHLNetwork as I love watching it. It's fascinating and as a Sharks fan I hope the Sharks take this approach when all their contracts run out in a few years. Unless they make some amazing moves to get some good young players or high draft picks, I don't see it happening.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Ninja

Great game by the Oilers for the most part. Canucks are an organization of losers and pukes (see Burrows right at the end of the game for example #9,265). It's always great to beat them and it's happened to rarely for the Oilers over the past few years.

Administrator

After the first game of the year I knew RNH belonged, he's done absolutely nothing to disuade me of that opinion and at this point I'm not sure there is a person on the planet who thinks he should go down. All the pre-season talk about him not being ready (at least on my part) was assumption based on his size, the fact we probably shouldn't have like 10 players in their first two NHL seasons playing on the team and the fact there was literally no room for RNH on the roster.

Gagner's injury made room but his crapiness probably would have created room anyhow. I hate to be one of those people who contributes to the whole negativity surrounding players who will or should be traded but there is honestly no room for Gagner any more. I hope he's ready for a fresh start, it really feels like it's what's best for both parties.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ninja

Could still be a spot for Gagner. He's only played 2 games in the regular season and is just now getting back into the swing of things.

Administrator

Well Hemsky's injury does sort of open things up but it pushes Gagner or another natural centerman to the wing. I'd be interested in seeing how a Gagner on the wing experiment fairs. Brutally I would imagine but interesting none the less.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

The kids have combined for 22 points in 8 games now. Just awesome.

Administrator

A part of me is disappointed that Eberle is clearly the third wheel on that line but another part of me knew it was always meant to be this way.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    A part of me is disappointed that Eberle is clearly the third wheel on that line but another part of me knew it was always meant to be this way.
    i feel the exact same way. watching him play part of me feels really bad that he will never put up the same numbers as his line mates but, like u said it was kind of destined for him. He is still gonna always be my favorite oiler out of the 3 and no MD your not getting your hands on him in the SIM league.

im still hoping they can do something and get a dman. i think to move to the next level they need more help back there and we have one to many forwards already without hemsky in the lineup
    10 Team Yahoo Semi Keeper H2H Daily lineups (Keep 5 Vets & 5 Rookies), Play 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G daily

C-Giroux, Matthews (R), Petterson, Barzal (R)
    LW-Rakell
    RW-Tarasenko, Aho (R), Boser (R)
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

G, A, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, +/-, GWG, SOG, Hits, Blocks, PIM
    Wins, Saves, Goals Against, Shutouts

Rookies Eligible till 170 GP

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by diamondback87 View Post
    i feel the exact same way. watching him play part of me feels really bad that he will never put up the same numbers as his line mates but, like u said it was kind of destined for him. He is still gonna always be my favorite oiler out of the 3 and no MD your not getting your hands on him in the SIM league.

im still hoping they can do something and get a dman. i think to move to the next level they need more help back there and we have one to many forwards already without hemsky in the lineup
    Well shucks.

Dobber Sports Ninja

The "third wheel" is sitting at almost a PPG and has missed on chances every single game. He's been as good, or better, than the other two on some nights.

Dobber Sports Genius

I can't believe that they STILL haven't made RNH staying up official. It's clear he isn't going anywhere. What possible benefit could come from delaying this announcement? Makes zero sense to me.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    The "third wheel" is sitting at almost a PPG and has missed on chances every single game. He's been as good, or better, than the other two on some nights.
    Agreed, he certainly hasn't looked out of place and definitely holds his own. Its not like we are talking about Burrows and the Sedins here. Its a mighty potent and exciting line, all 3 in their own right!

Wasn't a fan of this pick, but our 31st overall selection, David Musil, has performed significantly better (stats-wise at least) than last year.

He has 10 points in 14 games for .714 points per game which is significantly better than his .403 points per game of last season. Whether he keeps it up or not is a different matter though.

Dobber Sports Ace

Overall i really like the guys they have added on the back end through the past 2 drafts. With Marincin, Musil, Klefbom, Simpson, Gernat, Davidson, and Blain. Add that to the likes of Teubert and Plante and we should have at least 3 top 6 dmen come out of this pack.

So far this year their respective stats are

Marincin- 8pts in 12GP(WHL)
    Musil- 10pts in 14GP(WHL)
    Klefbom- 0pts in 7GP(SEL)
    Gernat- 16pts in 13GP(WHL)
    Blain- 11pts in 12 GP(QJML)
    Davidson- 13pts in 13 GP(WHL)
    Simpson-0pts in 6 GP(NCAA)
    Teubert- 3pts in 6GP(AHL)
    Plante-0pts in 6 GP(AHL)

Klefbom hasnt been getting good minutes so far and this could delay his career a year or 2. The guys for me that really stand out are Gernat and Davidson. Both are 6th round picks and both players are really breaking out in the WHL. I think that Musil and Marincin are both going be stud defenders that would slide into that 4 spot nicely. Overall Im happy with what we have to look forward to in the upcoming years. I think in 5 years we should have a solid defense to compliment that offense that Tambi and Co have created.
    10 Team Yahoo Semi Keeper H2H Daily lineups (Keep 5 Vets & 5 Rookies), Play 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G daily

C-Giroux, Matthews (R), Petterson, Barzal (R)
    LW-Rakell
    RW-Tarasenko, Aho (R), Boser (R)
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

G, A, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, +/-, GWG, SOG, Hits, Blocks, PIM
    Wins, Saves, Goals Against, Shutouts

Rookies Eligible till 170 GP

Love the Marincin pick, love the Gernat pick, love the Klefbom pick. No complaints about the Blain or Davidson picks.

Was not/still am not a fan Musil, Plante, Simpson.

But of course it's too early to tell. Only guys I see being capable of being top 3d are Marincin/Klefbom. IMO Musil will be an NHLer but it's hard to say where he slides in between #4-6. Teubert as well, though looking more like a 5th/6th than anything.

Just one humble fans opinion.