Page 148 of 370 FirstFirst ... 48 98 138 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 158 198 248 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 5548

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

I turned it on since I heard they were in OT and wanted to see how they would blow it. They were skating off the ice and then I saw this:

B3_A0_TCIAAHo_p.jpg

Absolutely amazing!

Administrator

It's really reaching comedic levels of terrible. I cannot wait for the panic moves.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    It's really reaching comedic levels of terrible. I cannot wait for the panic moves.
    I hope there aren't any. I also hope Eakins keeps his job. Blame the GM. Blame the players. Enough calling for the coach's head.

And I agree with SeaDawg - McDavid would turn any franchise around, just as Crosby would have and did. The Pens were a mess when he joined them.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    At this point, why bother.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Ahh... up by one with four minutes left and we lose in OT. I pretty firmly believe that Scrivens is a sub-standard goalie, but you can't blame him for the loss. The big positive that I can take from this game, is that my Trouba had a great game!

Rylant
    I've said that about Scrivens since seeing him play in Toronto. Great puck handler, Average overall Goalie at best. I literally LOL'd when they brought him in after his scewed results for the Defensively sound Kings. He's a decent back up...nothing more. Same can be said for Fasth. Sad to say that Bryz was likely their most talented goalie in YEARS!

And the saga continues.

The Great One

Honestly, I already said this, but losing in overtime isn't horrible under normal circumstances. But they have now lost in overtime 3 times in the last 4 games. Once is unlucky. Three times is a trend. They just don't know how to do anything.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Ninja

At this point the season is already over, there is a potential franchise changing player ready to be drafted, and I want management gone. Let's see this streak go into 20+ games. Let's see records broken!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Great job by the "captain" (what a joke that Andrew Ference is an NHL captain) on the last 2 Jets goals.

"Oh hey Byfuglien, you want to tip that back in to tie it? Sure go ahead. I'm just gonna stand here and screen my goalie, I won't bother you though."

"Hey Perreault! How's it going man? Oh you wanna do what Byfuglien did? Ya sure man, I'm just gonna stand here and not bother you like I did for him."

Your captain is a fringe 4, more likely a 5-6 defenseman on a real team, and he doesn't play hard. Constantly gets outworked and outbattled in all situations. Doesn't set a great example for the rest of the team when you see your "leader" out there not even trying.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    At this point, why bother.
    Sheerly for entertainment value. We all know that the smart move is to do nothing here since the vultures are clearly circling with predatory offers.

Dobber Sports Deity

The only moves I want to see the rest of this year is changing out of the Management, starting at the top.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    At this point the season is already over, there is a potential franchise changing player ready to be drafted, and I want management gone. Let's see this streak go into 20+ games. Let's see records broken!
    By management do you mean the owner because he's the one who empowers everyone. Kevin Lowe even offered to step down and was rebuffed by Katz. If management is seriously the problem then the owner must change before there's light at the end of the tunnel.

I've reached acceptance stage. Who cares, at this point? It's going to suck until it gets better. No matter how hard Gary Bettman tries with his loser point to create false parity the NHL is still a zero sum league. For there to be great teams, there have to be bad teams too. Our turn. And you can pretend like you deserve better but deserve's got nothing to do with it. That's why I fully support any and all jersey throwers. As a fan of a team you are just cheering for laundry and nothing more.

Dobber Sports All-Star

I'm a Calgary fan and I find it ironic that at this point, I want to watch Oiler games more than Flames games, but for all the wrong reasons. It's like witnessing a horrific car crash on QE hiway called the Oilers, and as I drive by, I cannot stop rubber-necking when I see the pure carnage of the crash.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by gainerama View Post
    I'm a Calgary fan and I find it ironic that at this point, I want to watch Oiler games more than Flames games, but for all the wrong reasons. It's like witnessing a horrific car crash on QE hiway called the Oilers, and as I drive by, I cannot stop rubber-necking when I see the pure carnage of the crash.
    And the franchise (not the fans) deserves what's going on. What they don't deserve is Connor McDavid or Jack Eichel. It's supremely frustrating that one of these players will fall into the Oilers' lap.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    how many more franchise players need to go to the oilers? Do you think it's going to make a difference? I seriously doubt it. And again, the best player in the draft is a forward, something of which they DON'T NEED AS MUCH AS DEFENSE AND GOALIES.

Everyone in Edmonton is delusional, and like gainerama said. It's like watching a brutal QE2 crash. McDavid won't turn this franchise around. Hall didn't do it, Eberle, Nuge, Yakupov, Draisaitl didn't/won't do it. Nothing will do it unless there are some serious major movements at the top.

And if the owner isn't willing to make that change this trend of garbage team will continue for as long as he's comfortable funding it.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

There is not one single thing the Oilers need more than a new owner. They have a lot of needs, but first and foremost the owner is what created all of this.