Page 14 of 370 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Administrator

The curse of Gilbert continues. Until we move this guy you can just mark us down for losses against Minnesota. Not saying he's directly to blame for what happened tonight but since we've had Gilbert our record against Minnesota is dreadful.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    The curse of Gilbert continues. Until we move this guy you can just mark us down for losses against Minnesota. Not saying he's directly to blame for what happened tonight but since we've had Gilbert our record against Minnesota is dreadful.
    Interesting, didn't know that.

I hate Gilbert, but surprisingly he's been far and away out best d-man.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Gilbert has done everything asked of him this season. Very happy with his play.

Administrator

Yeah by the numbers he's been our best and most consistent guy but that freaks me out because every game this season I've had at least five "*Groan* Gilbert" moments. We cannot trade Gagner for a defenseman fast enough.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ninja

I don't know. Potter has been a very solid surprise and with Gagner and Hemsky back in the lineup I think there is a chance the team will be solid, if not spectacular.

Apparently RNH will not play tomorrow and renney stated that they should consider the team without him (ie send him down).

What the hell? He's been one of our best players. I don't understand what Renney is doing (including benching the kids last night in the 3rd/ot).

Banned

good thing thet didn't scratch him, he ripped a beauty off that Hall pass...this kid line, regardless of their youth and inexperience is hands down the best thing that's been in Edmonton since the glory days. A smart coach would recognize that and keep developing the natural chemistry they already seem to have, in 2-3 years they'll be at the top of the scoring charts

Dobber Sports Veteran

Nugent-Hopkins looks like a certified bad@$$ out there. I see why people made the Datsyuk comparisons. When this kid has the puck, the whole game slows down and it's magic. He is a treat to watch. With finishers like Eberle and Hall (not to mention RNH can finish on his own) it doesn't seem like offense will be much of a problem for this team. What a kid.
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    G, A, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4Bn, 1IR

And Khabi with the shutout. Wow.

As stated by Stu, RNH now leading rookie goal and point scorer. Sick.

Interesting, thought doesn't mean anything and may not even be true:

RNH swears he hasn't been told he's staying past 9 oil gms unlike taylor hall who knew after 4 last year but was told not to tell media

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Interesting, thought doesn't mean anything and may not even be true:
    yeah I think from a franchise perspective the Oilers need to strike while the iron is hot...what's an entry level contract these days? 800-900k? I would think that you could make that up easily by the excitement that kid will generate on the roster this year (merchandising, ticket sales, etc etc). Consider also that EDM is pushing hard for a new arena, if you've got an exciting and entertaining product on the ice and one which can probably make a little noise this year and at least be in the hunt for a playoff spot that's exactly what you want

Dobber Sports Ace

like dobber just tweeted 8pts in 8 games for the NUGE. how can we send this guy down?? im not seeing it anymore. i really wanted him to stay in junior at the start of the year but now seeing he is defiantly one of our best players already im not sure if they can. i still dont believe we can make the playoffs but with this kid we could get close. also i think he would save Tambi his job.
    10 Team Yahoo Semi Keeper H2H Daily lineups (Keep 5 Vets & 5 Rookies), Play 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G daily

C-Giroux, Matthews (R), Petterson, Barzal (R)
    LW-Rakell
    RW-Tarasenko, Aho (R), Boser (R)
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

G, A, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, +/-, GWG, SOG, Hits, Blocks, PIM
    Wins, Saves, Goals Against, Shutouts

Rookies Eligible till 170 GP

Dobber Sports Ace

it was interesting the other night, my buddy brought this up and i never really noticed it but the oilers are the only arena in the NHL that has their main cameras on the opposite side of the rinks. usually the cameras are on the other side so that during breaks cameramen can zoom in on players on the bench. i guess that comes with us having the oldest barn in the NHL
    10 Team Yahoo Semi Keeper H2H Daily lineups (Keep 5 Vets & 5 Rookies), Play 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G daily

C-Giroux, Matthews (R), Petterson, Barzal (R)
    LW-Rakell
    RW-Tarasenko, Aho (R), Boser (R)
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

G, A, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, +/-, GWG, SOG, Hits, Blocks, PIM
    Wins, Saves, Goals Against, Shutouts

Rookies Eligible till 170 GP