Page 12 of 370 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Pro

Those Hemsky dangles....wow. Havent seen him look like that in a meaningful game since the start of the 09 year.
    But I agree with Dyz he wasnt moving the puck quick enough, tho a few times he had no options other then to fire it at the net into 6 bodies.

So nice to win a grinding game like that. Other then Letang flying up and down the ice the Pens played a very structured conservative game, nice to see the Oil generate some chances and gut it out.

Personally I liked the Hall, Nuge, Hemsky trio, at times they'd look great but without generating a scoring chance, but the chances they did create were the best the Oilers had all night. Remember, Hemsky Hall played very little together last year, when they started too before the injuries they were piling up some points. By all accounts it isnt easy to develop chemistry with Hemsky, we all know why, but if it clicks...lookout. We have a plan B if it doesnt work out, Smyth Horc Hemsky.

Paajarvi looked awesome on the PK; he's gained another step this season and he was already 1 of the fastest guys.

Dubnyk was solid but I'm not gonna get excited yet, that 1st goal was not a good indicator that he's gotten rid of that 1 soft goal a game thats haunted him and Khabibulan. The saves on Letang tho were fantastic.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Grand Master

STL has claimed Chorney.

Dobber Sports Ace

robin brownlee thinks whitney should be back next tues against the flames

http://oilersnation.com/2011/10/12/w...-about-this-16
    10 Team Yahoo Semi Keeper H2H Daily lineups (Keep 5 Vets & 5 Rookies), Play 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G daily

C-Giroux, Matthews (R), Petterson, Barzal (R)
    LW-Rakell
    RW-Tarasenko, Aho (R), Boser (R)
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

G, A, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, +/-, GWG, SOG, Hits, Blocks, PIM
    Wins, Saves, Goals Against, Shutouts

Rookies Eligible till 170 GP

And after Dubnyk's phenomenal game, Bhulin gets the start in Minny... Just brutal.

Also figured I'd post this:

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...on-Oilers.html

Gunnarson? Eww, no thanks.

Dobber Sports Pro

Yeah a tad surprising to see Khabi in net tonight, but I think with the drawn out schedule they just want to keep them both fresh. Unless Khabi posts a 40save shutout, Dubnyk's back in vs the Nucks on Sat.

I hope that Hockey News article is as inaccurate as it sounds. I'd have rather brought back Steve Staios then trade for Gunnarson or sign Stralman. We have puck-movers, we need puck-stoppers.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Ninja

I don't mind it.

If Khabibulin loses then it gives some clarity to the situation early on.

If he does well then both goalies can continue to battle it out.

Administrator

Let Khabi blow chunks in this one. We want to bring Dubbie along slowly anyway.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

...and Bhulin pulls through? Hell of a game tonight. But then again he did start the season pretty well last year and being in a contract year and all might have something to do with it.

Dobber Sports Ace

well maybe khabby will come through, i think the oilers need to find a way to score more goals, i didnt get to see the game but other than the third i heard the oilers were getting decent chances
    10 Team Yahoo Semi Keeper H2H Daily lineups (Keep 5 Vets & 5 Rookies), Play 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G daily

LW-Rakell
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

Administrator

LOLZ Hemsky is out with that trusty shoulder injury once again. I was really hoping he'd stay healthy this year so we could trade him, now it's looking like he will unceremoniously be leaving as a free agent this summer.

What is everyone's early guess on his destination? My guess is Columbus where he can assume Huselius' spot to a tee.

Administrator

Also worth noting the unfortunate fact that Hemsky's injury opens up a roster spot for Sam Gagner. They can move someone or Gagner to the wing to fill Hemsky's spot when Gagner returns and can figure out what to do if/when Hemsky returns.

Of course this all assumes Hemsky is out for a while, which I'm sure everyone will forgive me for taking this as a given.

RNH! RNH! RNH!

That's all.

Dobber Sports Ace

A good game, god that kid looks amazing out there and isnt going anywhere if he keeps this up. I would love to see him play one more year in Red Deer, but the kid is dominating up here and showing he is well beyond his years.

Omark has to go. That guy is gonna drive me nuts this year. He turns over the puck more than hemsky and creates less than him.

The entire D still looks suspect and i wouldnt mind seeing a deal with maybe omark and gagner for a good d.

Potter was extremely impressive and had a pretty solid game. I think he was an excellent acquisition as a 7th dman.

Somebody needs to tape Barkers stick to his gloves, that guy cant hold on to it for the life of him. I think he looks alright do, nothing spectacular, but he has a good shot(albeit a little high at times) and has a good first pass out of the zone.

I loved the line of Horcoff, Smyth and Jones. They didnt have the best scoring chances but they worked the pits like no others and have the sickest flow in the league.

Eberle is such a beauty. God that kid is so exciting to watch in all ends of the ice. He should be our future captain in a few years

LW-Rakell
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

Administrator

Last night was exactly what I want to see from the team. They played fast, hard, competitive hockey and still lost. We aren't ready to win quite yet. Our blueline still needs some work and our guys need more experience. We might as well lose some more games and snag a nice draft pick for our troubles. I don't want the top pick. We don't need it. But anywhere after that would be great. I'd personally love to see Ryan Murray in an Oilers uniform. Or Matt Dumba... Or... well I'm getting ahead of myself. The important thing is the kids are competing hard and giving their opponents fits. That's all we can ask for at this point.