Page 236 of 370 FirstFirst ... 136 186 226 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 246 286 336 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 5545

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    First I have heard of it to be honest. I dont know why they would bother.
    I tend to agree, considering the Leafs needs are on D and well, Edm is looking there as well.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    thought I'd come here... I keep seeing Garrett Sparks linked to the Oilers via trade. Oil country getting similar rumours?
    Nothing like that being mentioned here. Biggest news this week is Matt Benning getting a 2 year extension.... so fairly quiet going into the draft weekend.

Administrator

Doubt this is worth a thread of its own but Gryba is being bought out.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Doubt this is worth a thread of its own but Gryba is being bought out.
    Who?

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Who?
    Player 62.

Couldn't resist.

Meanwhile Eller has a Cup. Ah, karma.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Deity

Interesting comments from PC after the first day of Free Agency.

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/news/talk...cy/c-299380906

A few of the interesting snippits I took from it:

On defining the success of NHL Free Agency:

"I thought it was a pretty productive day. We put a lot of time in, as all teams do, in advance to prepare and having the lesser cap space, you have to be a little more direct in your strategy. I thought we added speed, we added to the PK with him (Rieder) and Brodziak. We added to size, leadership and to faceoffs with Brodziak. Walking down here, there's obviously an Edmonton legacy with both those players. That didn't really mean anything to me other than the fact that they fit some needs that we had. They were coming in at a good time for us, as far as cap goes, and for them as far as opportunity goes."
    On searching for blueline help:

"We feel we have a player in (Evan) Bouchard who will fill that need. It may not be right away but he's a very heady player. He's a very skilled player with a level of compete and a level of size and skating that's a tremendous fit for us. We have to rely on the other D to pick up the slack and see where Evan fits in. That's the type of player that, when you talk about looking for them in a trade, you have to trade. So, we drafted him."
    On his comfort level with the rest of the Oilers defence:

"What I can tell you is as of right now, I'm not searching for a high-end offensive defenceman."

"Possible that we could add another forward. We were close on a couple of things today, including a trade. It's possible that could happen. We could possibly add a centre at the depth position that could be up and down between here and (Bakersfield). We could still add at those minor pieces."
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Sounds like another year of Klefbom asnd Sekera blasting shots off the defenders shin pads comin up.
    Tho they sound really high on Bouchard, I dont really like the idea of rushing him to the NHL, even if he is "ready" and can help. We'll see how he looks come September.
    :/

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Would any of you Oiler fans rather the Oilers had drafted any other defenseman instead of Bouchard?? Just curious??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Would any of you Oiler fans rather the Oilers had drafted any other defenseman instead of Bouchard?? Just curious??
    When their pick came up at 10, and I saw Wahlstrom. Bouchard and Dobson still on the board, I was happy. I really didn't care who they drafted from those three, as long as it was one of those three. Thankfully it was.

As far as 2nd guessing the pick at this point, it's way to early to judge that. All three kids who were there look to be fabulous talents and had varying skill-sets. Dobson vs Bouchard may be argued for some time (maybe not as much as Taylor vs Tyler) and it could be a few years before we know if they made the right choice or not.

Right now, I am more then happy to know Bouchard is coming down the pipe. The kid has exactly what the Oilers have been searching for on the trade market for some time now.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    When their pick came up at 10, and I saw Wahlstrom. Bouchard and Dobson still on the board, I was happy. I really didn't care who they drafted from those three, as long as it was one of those three. Thankfully it was.

As far as 2nd guessing the pick at this point, it's way to early to judge that. All three kids who were there look to be fabulous talents and had varying skill-sets. Dobson vs Bouchard may be argued for some time (maybe not as much as Taylor vs Tyler) and it could be a few years before we know if they made the right choice or not.

Right now, I am more then happy to know Bouchard is coming down the pipe. The kid has exactly what the Oilers have been searching for on the trade market for some time now.
    Great reply.. That is what I was wondering.. Just curious if some Oilers fans had their hearts set on anybody else other than Bouchard.. I have to think if they went Whalstrom, there would have been a uproar.. But maybe not!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ninja

I was like many Oiler fans, grab one of the top rated defensemen left on the board. I did like Wahlstrom, but all things being equal, this team could really use more blueliners in the pipeline. I do subscribe to drafting the best player possible, regardless of position, but the Bouchard pick is perfectly fine and not a reach to justify taking a defenseman.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Wizard

The Oilers needed a PP QB, and they definitely got that in Bouchard. Dobson is more of a two-way stud which would have been perfectly fine for them as well but Bouchard truly was a perfect fit for them. I don't really like Bouchard's defensive game and his skating is just OK but I don't question his offensive talents. Getting passes from McDavid and blasting bombs from there, it will be pretty neat.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Edmonton Oilers
    @EdmontonOilers

The #Oilers have signed Jason Garrison to a professional tryout. The veteran defenceman has played 538 @NHL regular season games over 10 seasons, recording 159 points (48G, 111A) along with a +22 rating.

Dobber Sports Master

They will need a better plan than that.

A good, full year of Larsson should help things. I hope he is better mental health-wise.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    They will need a better plan than that.

A good, full year of Larsson should help things. I hope he is better mental health-wise.
    A good, full year of Klefbom will definitely help things too.