Page 227 of 370 FirstFirst ... 127 177 217 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 237 277 327 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 5547

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Oh man, I hear you on the officiating. The Subban hook on McDavid (don't mind if I leave my stick stuck in your pants, do ya Connor?) was crappy to not get a call on, but I watched the end of the I think it was Calgary/Minny game and one of the players had his stick slashed and it broke, but the refs didn't call a penalty because there were about 20 seconds remaining in the third period of a tied game. Seriously, there was still enough time to score without one of the team's defenseman having a stick. I know it's not a conspiracy against any one team, but the officials can't stick to any standards from period to period, let alone game to game. It used to be the best in all of sports when the league didn't tell them to focus on certain penalties and let the refs manage the game.
    Yeah, this is not an Oiler problem by any means, but a league problem. It's making it unwatchable for me. I have not checked into ratings for the league, but I assume most people probably don't care.

Dobber Sports Ninja

We have one very hot Nurse!!! OT Winner against Vegas tonight! He's certainly coming into his own of late. This is the player we thought he might turn out to be. Let's hope he can continue to play confidently!!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    We have one very hot Nurse!!! OT Winner against Vegas tonight! He's certainly coming into his own of late. This is the player we thought he might turn out to be. Let's hope he can continue to play confidently!!
    Of all teams the Oilers beat the Vegas flu bug......now are probably about to go out and get hammered tonight

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Of all teams the Oilers beat the Vegas flu bug......now are probably about to go out and get hammered tonight
    Well, it's not like they don't deserve it after tonight's effort! lol
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Well they played in Phoenix last night so had no time to get into trouble before the game today.

Yes to getting hammered because:

1. They won 2 games in a row
    2. They are entering their bye week and starting it in LV
    3. Its McDavid's 21st birthday today so something big will be going down!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Interesting Read on the Islanders 2nd Line and how all three of the players on that line are from a trade with the Oilers.

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/14...-best-2nd-line

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Interesting Read on the Islanders 2nd Line and how all three of the players on that line are from a trade with the Oilers.

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/14...-best-2nd-line
    I give a lot of leeway to Chiarelli for his previous Oiler moves but the Reinhart deal I didn't like the moment it was announced on the draft floor and it just keeps getting worse. Barzal couldve/shouldve been an Oiler.

Dobber Sports Ninja

lol Chiarelli is brutal... has that guy made any good moves?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    lol Chiarelli is brutal... has that guy made any good moves?
    He signed Lucic.

Oh....you meant for his team.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    I give a lot of leeway to Chiarelli for his previous Oiler moves but the Reinhart deal I didn't like the moment it was announced on the draft floor and it just keeps getting worse. Barzal couldve/shouldve been an Oiler.
    Barzal wouldn't have become the player he is right now if he were drafted by the Oilers. I can't see him doing any better than Puljujarvi is right now in that environment.

Dobber Sports Icon

Let's review the Oilers playoff roster from last year and see how many of them were brought in by Chiarelli to see how good of a job he's done. Players are listed in order of their playoff ice time from last spring.

Talbot - PC
    Larsson - PC
    Klefbom - not PC
    McDavid - PC
    Russell - PC
    Sekera - not PC
    Draisaitl - not PC
    RNH - not PC
    Letestu - PC
    Nurse - not PC
    Marooon - PC
    Benning - PC
    Lucic - PC
    Caggiula - PC
    Eberle - not PC
    Gryba - not PC
    Kassian - PC
    Reinhart - PC
    Pouliot - not PC
    Slepyshev - PC
    Desharnais - PC
    Pakarinen - not PC
    Brossoit - not PC

So to recap...of the 23 players who were on the playoff team last spring, 13 of the players were acquired by Peter Chiarelli. The team had missed the playoffs for 10 straight seasons prior to last year.

The Oilers are currently 4th in the NHL in Corsi For % and 3rd in Fenwick For %. 53.9% of non-neutral zone faceoffs have been in their attacking end so far this season which is good for 6th best in the league. They currently have the 26th best shooting percentage and the 27th best save percentage which combine for the 4th worst PDO in the league.

Are the Oilers bad or have they just been really unlucky so far this season?

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Let's review the Oilers playoff roster from last year and see how many of them were brought in by Chiarelli to see how good of a job he's done. Players are listed in order of their playoff ice time from last spring.

Talbot - PC
    Larsson - PC
    Klefbom - not PC
    McDavid - PC
    Russell - PC
    Sekera - not PC
    Draisaitl - not PC
    RNH - not PC
    Letestu - PC
    Nurse - not PC
    Marooon - PC
    Benning - PC
    Lucic - PC
    Caggiula - PC
    Eberle - not PC
    Gryba - not PC
    Kassian - PC
    Reinhart - PC
    Pouliot - not PC
    Slepyshev - PC
    Desharnais - PC
    Pakarinen - not PC
    Brossoit - not PC

So to recap...of the 23 players who were on the playoff team last spring, 13 of the players were acquired by Peter Chiarelli. The team had missed the playoffs for 10 straight seasons prior to last year.

The Oilers are currently 4th in the NHL in Corsi For % and 3rd in Fenwick For %. 53.9% of non-neutral zone faceoffs have been in their attacking end so far this season which is good for 6th best in the league. They currently have the 26th best shooting percentage and the 27th best save percentage which combine for the 4th worst PDO in the league.

They are bad. They are 46 games into the season. I don't think any luck lasts that long. If it did, we could say the Vegas has been very lucky. The Oilers haven't shown anything all year for any period of time. Like I said earlier, there is something wrong there internally and their goaltending has been sub par.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Do we really give Chiarelli credit for acquiring McDavid? I mean. He wasn't involved in the tanking, and it's not like he had a decision on his hands. He just happened to be hired 2 months before the draft.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post

Talbot - PC
    Larsson - PC
    Klefbom - not PC
    McDavid - PC
    Russell - PC
    Sekera - not PC
    Draisaitl - not PC
    RNH - not PC
    Letestu - PC
    Nurse - not PC
    Marooon - PC
    Benning - PC
    Lucic - PC
    Caggiula - PC
    Eberle - not PC
    Gryba - not PC
    Kassian - PC
    Reinhart - PC
    Pouliot - not PC
    Slepyshev - PC
    Desharnais - PC
    Pakarinen - not PC
    Brossoit - not PC

So...five of the top 10 are 'not PC'. One of the PC's is McDavid...okay that was brilliant drafting...one is 'not Taylor Hall'...so we're down to three of the top 10 that could be considered good moves (maybe). Are they unlucky this season or lucky last season?

The Great One

If you need advanced stats to explain why a team is good, chances are - they aren't very good.