Page 358 of 370 FirstFirst ... 258 308 348 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 368 ... LastLast
Results 5,356 to 5,370 of 5545

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

The Great One

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Guy has always been a borderline head case. He is too hard on himself and it snowballs. Like Markstrom. Unlike Carey Price.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I feel bad for Campbell. He seems like such a likeable guy and looks like a solid teammate but man he's struggling to stop that puck and it's been that way most of the year. He makes some amazing saves but let's in the worst goals. He just seems to small in the net that deflections that hit some goalies get past him. It's just painful to watch.

I wish they'd just send him down to the AHL through waivers and recall one of Pickard or Rodrigue to back up Stu and try and get his game back. I know they won't, but I wish they would.
    I wonder if the worry ends up being about losing organizational depth if you get into the call up game, kind of like how they lost Forsberg on waivers a couple years back. Not that anyone is picking up Campbell, but maybe they lose Pickard or Rodrigue on waivers. That's the only hesitance I can see there.

But ultimately it isn't fair to Campbell or the team to keep rolling him out there when he's performing like this. It's just sad.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I wonder if the worry ends up being about losing organizational depth if you get into the call up game, kind of like how they lost Forsberg on waivers a couple years back. Not that anyone is picking up Campbell, but maybe they lose Pickard or Rodrigue on waivers. That's the only hesitance I can see there.

But ultimately it isn't fair to Campbell or the team to keep rolling him out there when he's performing like this. It's just sad.
    Does Rodrigue even require waivers to be sent down if he was called up?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Does Rodrigue even require waivers to be sent down if he was called up?
    Rodrigue is exempt, but calling him up instead of Pickard would require breaking all kinds of conventions.

Dobber Sports Genius

I like the way the Oilers look right now. Good D and 3 solid lines coming at you hard. Plus, Skinner is playing with confidence and looks like consensus #1 guy. Still some time before the playoffs but they are looking good.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Deity

Kaiser Yamamoto is probably the worst regular top six winger in the league. I say regular because some of the Habs top six wingers are only there because of injuries.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

So.... does Connor get 70?

And how many voters out of Toronto won't give him first place votes for the Hart?

Dobber Sports Titan

Ekholm has fit in much better than I thought. Solid acquisition for the short term, which should be Edmonton's goal.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    So.... does Connor get 70?

And how many voters out of Toronto won't give him first place votes for the Hart?
    VGK
    @ARI
    @VGK
    LA
    ANA
    @LA
    @ANA
    @SJ
    @COL
    SJ

Hes got 5 games left vs Anaheim, Arizona and San Jose. I say he does it haha
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Ekholm has fit in much better than I thought. Solid acquisition for the short term, which should be Edmonton's goal.
    Completely agree! I feel that this was the kind of return/result Edmonton was hoping for when they dealt Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson. Sure glad that Ekholm is fitting in so well.

The last two games I watched on TV and they were so damn exciting, something that is often lacking in NHL regular season games. Can't wait for the playoffs to start.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Completely agree! I feel that this was the kind of return/result Edmonton was hoping for when they dealt Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson. Sure glad that Ekholm is fitting in so well.

The last two games I watched on TV and they were so damn exciting, something that is often lacking in NHL regular season games. Can't wait for the playoffs to start.
    It's an interesting contrast.

Larsson was awesome for the team and was what they were chasing for the most part, but wasn't quite enough of a puckmover to stack up to what they lost with Hall. It was a costly skill downgrade.

The bigger miscalculation was presuming that a team still shy on forward depth could reload that depth through the draft (Puljujarvi) and free agency (Lucic) even when they had next to nothing pushing through the system. Both bets failed and even with some initial success, neither were enough.

This Ekholm addition was to a much deeper team that had spent years slowly adding to the forward group, and instead involved an upgrade at the same position as what was being sent out. This time they didn't rob Peter to pay Paul.

Dobber Sports Pro

Congrats to the Nuge!

This is the quietest 100 pt season we've seen in a VERY long time.

Dobber Sports Ninja

This team has been a complete beast since start of March. Best Oilers team I have watched since the 1980s. Anything can happen in the playoffs, but I will be let down with anything short of a Cup this year.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    This team has been a complete beast since start of March. Best Oilers team I have watched since the 1980s. Anything can happen in the playoffs, but I will be let down with anything short of a Cup this year.
    Yes, but I would say the toughest hurdle for them might be the Stars. Should they meet.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Feenom View Post
    Yes, but I would say the toughest hurdle for them might be the Stars. Should they meet.
    Toughest opponent will be the reffing and goaltending (not talent, but typical question marks for a team without a top 5 guy).

They have strong 5on5 numbers, but that's off the backs of their lethal PP. Teams open up 5on5 when they get penalized. If you don't get penalized, then they tighten up 5on5. I have always been a believer in the reffing should not change in the playoffs from the regular season. If you make it to the playoffs because you destroy teams when they cheat and get caught, that should be there for you in the playoffs.

They can take on anyone, but someone that might be able to drag them down to their opponents level is the reffing.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll