Page 338 of 370 FirstFirst ... 238 288 328 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 348 ... LastLast
Results 5,056 to 5,070 of 5547

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Barrie is a 4/5. Ceci is a 5. Russell is a 6/7. Nurse is a 1/2, Bouchard might be a 3 but he wouldn’t get those minutes from a coach like Tippet. At most they have 2.5 off top 4 D. That’s not a systems issue, it’s a talent one. It’s not Barrie/Ceci/Russell’s fault that they’re expected to fill roles they aren’t talented enough to fill.
    I actually agree with RT22 on this one. That D is very suspect. I rank Nurse a little worse though I think he's a 2/3 at best. Last year when he had his banner year it was against the Canadian division, I think management needed to optimistically expect he would perform to 80% when the competition went back to normal. Instead they paid him like he was perennially Norris lock. I remember lots of talk before last year how Nurse was a liability and not going to pan out as top two.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    I actually agree with RT22 on this one. That D is very suspect. I rank Nurse a little worse though I think he's a 2/3 at best. Last year when he had his banner year it was against the Canadian division, I think management needed to optimistically expect he would perform to 80% when the competition went back to normal. Instead they paid him like he was perennially Norris lock. I remember lots of talk before last year how Nurse was a liability and not going to pan out as top two.
    I was being polite on Nurse as to not be incendiary. I don't personally think he is a 1, but I can see the argument for it.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    What's the Oilers fans checklist for the next 2 months for the team?
    The same thing I've been saying for a while now.

1) A new owner
    2) A new president
    3) An analytics department
    4) A new GM
    5) A new coaching staff or at least a new head coach

If those 5 things are done, the team has a chance next year!!!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    The same thing I've been saying for a while now.

1) A new owner
    2) A new president
    3) An analytics department
    4) A new GM
    5) A new coaching staff or at least a new head coach

If those 5 things are done, the team has a chance next year!!!
    May want to also include “no members of the “old boys club” need apply” in the fine print. Break free from the past, Oilers. McDavid is not your parents Wayne Gretzky.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    May want to also include “no members of the “old boys club” need apply” in the fine print. Break free from the past, Oilers. McDavid is not your parents Wayne Gretzky.
    Great addition to the list.

Dobber Sports Deity

The ebbs and flows of the NHL season. Two weeks ago the Oilers couldn't buy a win. Now they've turned the tide and on another streak in the other direction.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    The ebbs and flows of the NHL season. Two weeks ago the Oilers couldn't buy a win. Now they've turned the tide and on another streak in the other direction.
    they are very fun to watch compared to my isles

I hope the Oilers keep Holland and Tippett forever

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I hope the Oilers keep Holland and Tippett forever
    When they played Chicago I had a hard time deciding who I wanted to lose more.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Edmonton media circling the wagons around management as always. Never change lol.

Dobber Sports Titan

Rumour is Philly was offered a 5th round pick for Martin Jones by Holland and it was rejected. And the CBJ are looking for multiple mid-rounders for Korpisalo (ie. 2nd+3rd) but Holland thought the price was too high. Korp is an UFA after this yr, so I get that at this time of the yr. Would make more sense in September but obviously we don't know if he was available then.

A 5th for Jones tho for Philly....that might get accepted in 2 weeks lol.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

I see Jones and Korpisalo as a change in nets, not an upgrade.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

I see Jones and Korpisalo as a change in nets, not an upgrade.
    Jones I consider a downgrade lol

I'd give Koskinen+pick for Jones if there's a 2nd goaltending move that needs cap space. But no need for that move if you aren't doing something else. Same with Korp, if it's moving Smith for Korp (with auxiliary things going to CBJ) to open up space for next yr and again...it's a chess move trade. There would need to be other things happening for it to make sense.

Dobber Sports Deity

Looking at the upcoming FA goalies this summer, there's a few who I'd consider as good long term options. How many of them that will make it to FA, and would want to come to Edmonton is harder to determine but IMO, this is a list of who I would consider to be solid investment options for the Oilers to go after:

In no particular order:

Campbell
    Samsonov
    Vanacek
    Oettinger
    Kahkonen
    Husso
    Georgiev

That's a fairly long list. I highly doubt guys like Oettinger and Kahkonen make it to FA. The rest are not as easy to decide. STL will have a tough choice to make with Binner signed to a long term, big money deal. I am not sure Washington is confident in either of their current guys if you believe the rumors of them interested in trading for MAF. Toronto doesn't want to lose Campbell but it will be fun to watch them dance around the cap to get him signed. I doubt he's going anywhere but as I say, money's tight.

As I say, it will be interesting. Koskinen's deal is gone at seasons end and any of these guys would be a good 1A/1B with Mike Smith for one more year.

Dobber Sports Titan

Looking at the upcoming FA goalies this summer, there's a few who I'd consider as good long term options. How many of them that will make it to FA, and would want to come to Edmonton is harder to determine but IMO, this is a list of who I would consider to be solid investment options for the Oilers to go after:

In no particular order:

Campbell
    Samsonov
    Vanacek
    Oettinger
    Kahkonen
    Husso
    Georgiev

That's a fairly long list. I highly doubt guys like Oettinger and Kahkonen make it to FA. The rest are not as easy to decide. STL will have a tough choice to make with Binner signed to a long term, big money deal. I am not sure Washington is confident in either of their current guys if you believe the rumors of them interested in trading for MAF. Toronto doesn't want to lose Campbell but it will be fun to watch them dance around the cap to get him signed. I doubt he's going anywhere but as I say, money's tight.

As I say, it will be interesting. Koskinen's deal is gone at seasons end and any of these guys would be a good 1A/1B with Mike Smith for one more year.
    It's going to be an interesting trade deadline for Holland that's for sure. He's pretty frugal when it comes to trading picks it seems. If he can get a goalie for 2022-23 season and he's the GM at that time, it could all work itself out.