Page 275 of 370 FirstFirst ... 175 225 265 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 285 325 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,125 of 5547

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

For the record, if the season DOES get cancelled, the Oilers did make the playoffs this year.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    For the record, if the season DOES get cancelled, the Oilers did make the playoffs this year.
    I will back Oilers fans on this one.

And usually the Cup is given to the hottest team the last month of play right....
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I will back Oilers fans on this one.

And usually the Cup is given to the hottest team the last month of play right....
    Sure, I'll give that one back to ya! LOL!

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Oilers/Flames when playoffs start in late May...
    Now, THAT is something to get excited about folks. Leafs/Lightning too.

Vancouver/Nashville with a one game tiebreaker just prior to playoffs. I know Nashville holds the tiebreaker already, but I have a feeling the league might impose a one game tie-breaker because of the shortened season. Nashville to get home ice because they have 8th currently.

Lots of scenarios to get pumped about.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I would be completely stunned if any more hockey is played this year. But would love it.

Dobber Sports Deity

One benefit if the regular season was to end today....

https://oilersnation.com/2020/04/07/...cannot-resume/

This morning, Edmonton Oilers General Manager, Ken Holland, jumped on a conference call where he told reporters that it is his understanding that the team would keep their conditional third-round pick from last summer’s Lucic for Neal trade should the season not be able to resume.

Back on July 19th, the Oilers acquired James Neal in exchange for Milan Lucic, a conditional 3rd round pick, and some retained salary. The Flames would only receive the draft pick if Neal was able to score at least 21 goals with Lucic scoring 10 or fewer goals than his counterpart. When the season was suspended on March 12th, Neal was two goals shy of fulfilling the conditions on the included pick, meaning the Oilers would keep their selection in the upcoming 2020 NHL Entry Draft (whenever that will be). At least, that’s how Ken Holland sees it anyway.

In 55 games played, Neal registered 19 goals and 12 assists for 31 points for the Oilers. Down in Calgary, Milan Lucic had eight goals and 12 assists for 20 points in 68 games played for the Flames. I guess we can keep calling this deal a win for the Oilers all around, shall we?

Dobber Sports Deity

Jason Gregor had tweeted earlier that Holland had made an offer to Slepyshev to get him back into the NHL but looms like he turned it down. Not surprised. Slepyshev would be a bottom 6 guy in the NHL and will undoubtedly make more money and play a bigger role in the KHL.

https://oilersnation.com/2020/04/09/...-signs-in-khl/

For the past couple of weeks, we’ve been talking about the possibility of Anton Slepyshev coming back to Edmonton for a second tour of duty, but that won’t be happening now as the forward just signed a two-year contract extension with CKSA Moscow of the KHL.

Dobber Sports Deity

Interesting signing for the Oilers. Dont know much about him but hopefully Jokke can shine some light on him.

https://twitter.com/JasonGregor/stat...44507291975680

Oilers make it official... signing free agent defenceman Theodor Lennstrom to a one-year, ELC. He had 15 points in 31 games for Frolunda of the SHL. He's 6-1, 190 pounds, shoots left and is 25 years old.

Dobber Sports Jedi

any chance he becomes more than a 7th Dman? hopes were high last her for Persson.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    any chance he becomes more than a 7th Dman? hopes were high last her for Persson.
    Hard to say. He doesnt come on the books until next year officially comes onto the books. It's also hard to say how the younger kids will step up in whatever camp they have. they have lots of D depth, which is never a bad thing, so this could push Lennstrom to the AHL to start the year.

Administrator

Until I'm told otherwise I'm treating it like a Persson-lite signing. Organizational depth with less upside.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Pro

Interesting tidbit here....
    https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/...W6Fy4blG4MSw_A

The guy is still a major ass but imagine Tkachuk over Puljujarvi on the Oilers now? I don't think any Oiler fans would argue against it!

Administrator

Lennstrom is a nice bit of cheap business and organizational depth. I believe Ken Holland has said he's not giving anyone more than a million on a deal until we have a better idea of what the salary cap will look like for next season, which lines up with the signings they've made of late with Haas re-upping for cheap, and Lennstrom joining Niemelainen, Berglund and Lavoie on ELCs.

They all could be needed to re-stock the AHL team defense corps after Bear, Jones and Lagesson all graduated, and Bouchard pushing as well. Hopefully they can keep that pipeline churning.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Pro

Hemsky officially retired, great Oiler!

https://oilersnation.com/2020/05/15/...Brt19yNBbO7e4Y

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    Hemsky officially retired, great Oiler!

https://oilersnation.com/2020/05/15/...Brt19yNBbO7e4Y
    Did Hemsky make the all-time Oilers team put out by TSN recently??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..